ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 70 of 82
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
Chiefs Party 02:21 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Bruce Lee would literally break Tyson's legs. Tyson would never touch Lee.
Everything I've heard about Bruce Lee getting in real fights has been mostly anecdotal with not a whole lot of proof. The people he fought don't really seem to be top tiered, known fighters either.

Tyson has quite a bit of footage of him completely wrecking some of the best fighters on the planet.

Leaving out age, I think a 20 yr old Tyson would knock out Lee pretty fast.

A lot of stuff has to go right to break someone's leg. Not saying it isn't possible but 9 times out of 10 Tyson would probably counter the leg break and eat a piece of Lee's face before knocking him out.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 03:17 PM 06-10-2020
Liam Neeson
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 06-10-2020
140 lb man punches someone 6-8 through the air.

Meanwhile:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Mike Tyson throws what may have been the most devastating punch of all time right there and the dude's head snaps back and he falls straight down. I'm serious - can there actually be a more brutal shot than that. Gets his legs under it, drives himself up, good hip rotation - that my friends, is a perfect example of the kinetic chain in action. Every muscle Tyson has, from his calves through his back and finally his arms, unloaded into that punch. And he hit the dude on the fucking button. And Tyson's punching power is unmatched in modern times. It was a perfect shot. The guy didn't go airborne like a video game.

I'm sure that whole "Force = mass times acceleration" thing just goes out the window when it's martial arts involved.

Nothing these people say about Lee can be trusted. Not one single word of it. Nobody who thinks a dude who weighs as much as a high school sophomore actually knocked a grown ass man through the air can be taken at face value.

Never happened. It is literally impossible if physics exist around Bruce Lee.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 03:33 PM 06-10-2020
Simple. Mike Tyson, if the fight was in a phone booth.
[Reply]
DTHOF 03:37 PM 06-10-2020
Tyson was a street fighter before he was a boxer he is probably pretty nasty in a street no holds bared fight. Bruce lee is too small by comparison. If MT was a fat ass then maybe but he is big and quick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:51 PM 06-10-2020
I like Lee, but it's Tyson in a laugher.
[Reply]
redfan 04:08 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy shit those poll results :-)
I know, the accuracy is incredible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:20 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I like Lee, but it's Tyson in a laugher.

No replacement for displacement.

I ain't a movie, lads. This idea that Mike Tyson, who had some of the fastest feet in the game, is just gonna stand there and let Bruce Lee run around the side of him (when again, Tyson was a fast fucking dude) and kick him in the knee is hilarious. Or that 140 lbs of Lee is going to just shatter Tyson's leg, as though that sort of thing happens all the time in MMA. As though breaking someone's leg isn't really fucking hard. And Tyson, who was plucked from those very "no rules" streetfights that you say he can't handle himself in precisely because he was mauling dudes, absolutely knows how to roll in a no holds barred street fight.

Oh yeah, that's right, Bruce Lee has super hollywood mysticism skills that allow him to defy the laws of physics in such a way that basic formulas regarding force and it's distribution simply do not matter to him. No unreliable narrator problems here when we're basing our perception on a dude who's legend is built on feats that are literally physically impossible.

Tyson in his prime was hilariously fast. It was his speed that got him noticed when D'Amato started training him up. He wasn't just some big drooling idiot who wouldn't be able to see Bruce Lee's hands. And Mike Tyson spent his the entirety of his formative years actually fighting people. Nobody wants to talk about the best quote of Tyson's career for some reason "everyone has a plan until they get hit..." Tyson gets a shot - who cares? He's taken hundreds of shots over his life and yes, many if not most of them hit with much more force than Lee because again, physics friggen matter when we're talking about force. Mass matters and Lee has none. Meanwhile Lee HASN'T taken hits like the stuff Tyson was doling out because he wasn't an actual fighter. He just didn't do it. He was an exceptionally skilled showman but that doens't mean dick in an actual fight, especially when blows are landed and raw ass animal instinct will take over.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:37 PM 06-10-2020
Mike in his prime would kill him once he caught him.. Fighting for real and fighting in the movies are two different things..
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:49 PM 06-10-2020
what a fucking abomination of a poll result. Pathetic
[Reply]
Sorry 05:27 PM 06-10-2020
Wait.. grown men think Bruce lee could beat Mike Tyson? lmfao. Bareknuckle fight and all?
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:42 PM 06-10-2020
Bruce Lee keeps getting weaker, shorter and thinner every time this thread is bumped.

Now he is 5 foot, 120 pounds and made of glass.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:03 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
140 lb man punches someone 6-8 through the air.

Meanwhile:

Mike Tyson throws what may have been the most devastating punch of all time right there and the dude's head snaps back and he falls straight down. I'm serious - can there actually be a more brutal shot than that. Gets his legs under it, drives himself up, good hip rotation - that my friends, is a perfect example of the kinetic chain in action. Every muscle Tyson has, from his calves through his back and finally his arms, unloaded into that punch. And he hit the dude on the ****ing button. And Tyson's punching power is unmatched in modern times. It was a perfect shot. The guy didn't go airborne like a video game.

I'm sure that whole "Force = mass times acceleration" thing just goes out the window when it's martial arts involved.

Nothing these people say about Lee can be trusted. Not one single word of it. Nobody who thinks a dude who weighs as much as a high school sophomore actually knocked a grown ass man through the air can be taken at face value.

Never happened. It is literally impossible if physics exist around Bruce Lee.
One inch punch- by Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCfWlYLKJLQ

Here is the physics behind the punch according to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMMS0Yx0Sa0
[Reply]
candyman 06:07 PM 06-10-2020
Bruce Lee beating Tyson is almost as funny as Ronda Rousey beating Mayweather. Neither would have a snowball's chance in hell.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:50 PM 06-10-2020
This is the fight that the myth of Mike Tyson died. Remember when a 42-1 journeyman easily avoiding Tyson's punches while giving him a pounding? Maybe Don King should have paid Buster to take a dive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9Ufhe0Uf0
[Reply]
Page 70 of 82
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up