ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 63 of 82
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
TimBone 03:34 PM 01-28-2016
Hahaha hahaha
[Reply]
TimBone 03:35 PM 01-28-2016
You're doing brilliant things in here, Halfcan. Just brilliant.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:49 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy:
Bruce Lee was a martial arts actor in an age before much of the martial arts mysticism had been exposed as impractical and ineffective in real cross disciplinary fighting. Mike Tyson in his prime was an unbeatable boxer. It wasn't BJJ, but it's still a real fighting discipline and would have 60 lbs on him. Nobody hit as hard as fast and hard as Tyson when he was on top, nobody.

This thread.
Except that Bruce Lee was the one that exposed that by creating an art that basically became the basis for MMA. He's the one who believed that martial arts needed to incorporate other forms of fighting like boxing to be effective at "street fighting."

He wasn't just an actor, for christ's sake. I agree he wasn't a fighter that we know of. But he was a hell of a lot more than just an actor.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:51 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by redhed:
Fight conditions:
•Both are in their prime.
•Both are unarmed. No brass knuckles or nunchaku.
•Bruce Lee's height, weight, reach, and muscle mass are all scaled up to match Tyson's.
•This does not affect his fighting ability, and the square-cube law is not in effect.
•Fight takes place in a UFC octagon (no rules).

Some responses:
I've seen every fight machida had ever fought and whoever thinks he would have any fucking chance of "rocking" Tyson must be on life support because they are obviously too stupid to breathe on their own.

Halfwit probably made that post
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:52 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Except that Bruce Lee was the one that exposed that by creating an art that basically became the basis for MMA. He's the one who believed that martial arts needed to incorporate other forms of fighting like boxing to be effective at "street fighting."

He wasn't just an actor, for christ's sake. I agree he wasn't a fighter that we know of. But he was a hell of a lot more than just an actor.
What was he then?
[Reply]
stevieray 04:59 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
What was he then?
Chuck Norris , Jim Kelly and Sugar Ray Leonard have expressed opinions.

At current rates, he trained people at $1800 Hr.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:59 PM 01-28-2016
link?
His knowledge of martial arts isn't a question. He wrote multiple books and everyone agrees that his mastery and understanding is superb. Go to youtube and type in bruce lee exhibition and there are several videos that show his training method. Again, most of these show his mastery and practice of the arts. Not much evidence of how he'd react in a competitive scenario. Talking purely from an exhibition, teaching, and practice standpoint.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:17 PM 01-28-2016
What was he then?
If Bruce Lee wasn't in movies, he'd be considered a martial arts expert, innovator, and teacher. And his athletic ability would still be considered topnotch. What martial arts actors can brag that they revolutionized martial arts (literally transformed it) and created an entirely different form of martial arts? The fact that he was the first to adapt martial arts to become more practical to street fighting and that he was extremely well versed not just in the how, but the why, says that his understanding of martial arts went well beyond choregraphing movies. His martial arts was meant to prep for real fights.

So again, I agree that just because he taught and understood, doesn't mean he would know how to react in real time. But saying he's just an actor diminishes his really impressive credentials as an expert. He created his own fighting style which is heavily borrowed to this day. He created his own conditioning programs. And my guess is, if MMA existed today, he'd adapt that training and his approach would be pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:32 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
You're doing brilliant things in here, Halfcan. Just brilliant.
And people probably still think Tyson would win under the rules I posted-which are from the World Karate Championship. They are the basis for most competitions. Tyson would still have the size advantage-but it would not matter-it would come down who the best fighter is.

Oh that's right Tyson would KILL that phony karate-chop actor with the first punch-he would just fall over dead like all the tubby punching bags Iron Mike fought.
[Reply]
Brock 12:46 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
And people probably still think Tyson would win under the rules I posted-which are from the World Karate Championship. They are the basis for most competitions. Tyson would still have the size advantage-but it would not matter-it would come down who the best fighter is.

Oh that's right Tyson would KILL that phony karate-chop actor with the first punch-he would just fall over dead like all the tubby punching bags Iron Mike fought.
Those things that happen at karate tournaments? They aren't fights.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:27 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wait.

So we take Tyson's MASSIVE advantage in size and just eliminate it by scaling Bruce Lee up?

If nothing else, I'd say that's a pretty obvious acknowledgment that Lee at 135 pounds would get absolutely murdered by Tyson at his prime 215.

[Reply]
rico 06:01 AM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
That dude looks like his priorities are:

1.) smash some puss
2.) looke nicer than those other brothers from Catskill.
3.) beat bruce Lee down to his second death.
4.) Smash some puss..
[Reply]
vailpass 01:39 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by rico:
That dude looks like his priorities are:

1.) smash some puss
2.) looke nicer than those other brothers from Catskill.
3.) beat bruce Lee down to his second death.
4.) Smash some puss..
:-):-)
[Reply]
rico 01:47 PM 03-27-2016
Holy shit, I was drunk last night. I don't even remember posting that.
[Reply]
rico 01:49 PM 03-27-2016
If Mike Tyson learned Jute Keen Du, he would totally be able to beat Bruce Lee at it!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 63 of 82
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up