ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 232
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
Miles 11:57 PM 05-05-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The NBA has evolved analytically into a game that favors the 3 point shot. LeBron's game is fitted more towards the 80s and 90s style, especially with his athleticism and strength. He is the same size as Karl Malone.

2011 Mavericks shot 41.1% from three in the Finals. They were a 36.5% from three for the season.
2014 Spurs shot 46.6% from three in the Finals. They were a 39% from three for season.
Warriors are an elite three pointing shooting team.

You want to beat LeBron in the Finals. Hit threes pointers above your normal average. Great equalizer in basketball.

2007 Cavs had no fucking business being in the Finals other than LeBron is a bad ass.
That’s the Rockets model to add upside variance
[Reply]
stevieray 11:58 PM 05-05-2018
Traveling, Man.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:03 AM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
That’s the Rockets model to add upside variance
Yep Morey is very analytical. Warriors are as well. 3 > 2 is the motto. It's also neutralized the inside game, where the bigger stronger players dominated basketball from the beginning of time.
[Reply]
Miles 12:07 AM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Yep Morey is very analytical. Warriors are as well. 3 > 2 is the motto. It's also neutralized the inside game, where the bigger stronger players dominated basketball from the beginning of time.
I’m a Rockets fan so I’d hope it works but GSW got there first and added Kd.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:12 AM 05-06-2018
It is working for Houston. They won 60 games and they're going to make the West Finals and will take a game off the greatest team ever assembled.
[Reply]
Miles 12:27 AM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It is working for Houston. They won 60 games and they're going to make the West Finals and will take a game off the greatest team ever assembled.
It’s been enjoyable to wach Houston this season until I remember GSW are healthy now. It’s been fun pretending this year was competive.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:44 AM 05-06-2018
Brett Brown's deficiencies have killed my sixers. He's been completely outcoached by Stevens and though some of our key players have been missing In action at times, he's failed to make changes at crucial times. And as a result, we've come up short against a team who has no business being 3-0 up against us.

Now trying to look at potential replacements as I can't see Brown surviving this. He just comes across as more of a "motivational" coach than a technical one and that won't cut It against Boston moving forward. We need someone who can deal with Stevens.
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:11 AM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Brett Brown's deficiencies have killed my sixers. He's been completely outcoached by Stevens and though some of our key players have been missing In action at times, he's failed to make changes at crucial times. And as a result, we've come up short against a team who has no business being 3-0 up against us.

Now trying to look at potential replacements as I can't see Brown surviving this. He just comes across as more of a "motivational" coach than a technical one and that won't cut It against Boston moving forward. We need someone who can deal with Stevens.
There is no one out there that can deal with Stevens except Lebron
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:47 AM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
There is no one out there that can deal with Stevens except Lebron
Brett has been twenty points up on him twice and took the last game to over time. Stevens is good, but he's not unbeatable. When we put more weapons around Simmons and Embiid we're gonna give him a fight and a half, I can assure you of that.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:25 AM 05-06-2018
You said Jordan "mowed through the playoffs." He didn't actually do that compared to LeBron (lost in the first round three times) and he never won in the playoffs until he had great players around him (Scottie Pippen). You're the one moving the goal posts.

Under this logic, it would have been better for LeBron to lose last week in the first round (as MJ did repeatedly) rather than losing in three weeks to a 73 win team with Durant (which is going to happen). It makes no sense.

But, of course, this argument has been exposed repeatedly for the specious nonsense it is several times over.
Remember this number: 6.

- number of times Jordan led his teams to the Finals.

- number of times Jordan’s teams won in the Finals.

- number of Finals MVP’s for Jordan

- number of Finals (in a few weeks) that Lebron’s teams will have lost in

- the game number in which the Toronto Blue Jays lost to the Royals in the ALCS, choking away an opportunity in the 9th (much like Lebron in a couple Finals) that led to the second World Series appearance in a row for the Royals.

This post has been brought to you by the number 6.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:27 AM 05-06-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

- the game number in which the Toronto Blue Jays lost to the Royals in the ALCS, choking away an opportunity in the 9th (much like Lebron in a couple Finals) that led to the second World Series appearance in a row for the Royals.

Post Of The Year
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:30 AM 05-06-2018

So in summary, now that they can't even rely on the stats (as LeBron is shattering every individual record in the books) Jordan backers have absolutely nothing to stand on anymore except repeating the same tired shit that doesn't even make sense. It reminds me of the Kobe stuff about five years ago.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:12 PM 05-06-2018

I'm a Lebron guy, but I approve of this post mostly due to the Royals paragraph
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 05-06-2018
So in summary, now that they can't even rely on the stats (as LeBron is shattering every individual record in the books) Jordan backers have absolutely nothing to stand on anymore except repeating the same tired shit that doesn't even make sense. It reminds me of the Kobe stuff about five years ago.
:-)

Now Jordan backers have absolutely nothing to stand on

Like going 6 for 6 in dominating fashion with two 3-peats, 6 Finals MVP’s, no game 7’s, and the fantastic stats in those Finals to boot is absolutely nothing.

You’re so incredibly biased it is ridiculous. I completely disagree with any person that thinks Lebron is the GOAT, but if they can at least acknowledge it’s in no way unanimous at this point of his career, I can somewhat respect their opinion.

You on ther other hand are completely ignoring winning. The ultimate goal. That is beyond ridiculous.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:28 PM 05-06-2018
6-0 in the NBA Finals with 6 MVP’s doesn’t make sense?

Interesting argument.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 232
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up