ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 232
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:04 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
And it's all so opinion and era driven. Magic was the best and people in that time didn't care as much for MJ. Now its MJ and Lebron. In 30 years it'll be Lebron and whoever.
It is always going to be MJ and whoever until some one goes 7-0, 7-1 or 7-2 in NBA championships while putting up equal or better numbers.

It will follow the same path as the Montana vs Brady debate.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:05 AM 05-04-2018
If you go back and watch highlights you see the allure of MJ. It was pure poetry in motion and fun to watch. Its like comparing Jim Browns style to Barry Sanders. Both great stats but one just has a uniqueness.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:09 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It is always going to be MJ and whoever until some one goes 7-0, 7-1 or 7-2 in NBA championships while putting up equal or better numbers.

While also not bouncing from team to team throughout their career. Brady stayed put and did it with various different cast.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:14 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
While also not bouncing from team to team throughout their career. Brady stayed put and did it with various different cast.
Yep.

I was thinking last night about just how bad the East is. Looking at the All Star rosters there is maybe 3-4 guys in the East that would make a West All Star team and they would be Lebron, Giannis, Kyrie and Embiid. That is how awful the East is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

So by the champ numbers, Michael doesn’t measure up to some of the celtics
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 05-04-2018
Why does staying with one team matter? I mean, Jordan deserted his team in his prime to go play another sport
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:54 AM 05-04-2018
Why does staying with one team matter? I mean, Jordan deserted his team in his prime to go play another sport
Not taking the troll bait here. Have a good day man!
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 05-04-2018
Not taking the troll bait here. Have a good day man!
It’s all good. Not trying to troll just a different league today with free agency and all

It’s like that in all sports professionally now. I don’t like it but it is what it is
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:07 AM 05-04-2018
So by the champ numbers, Michael doesn’t measure up to some of the celtics
He is tied for 10th in total championships but I think you left out the part about putting up equal or better numbers. MJ and Lebron are ahead of those guys stats wise.
[Reply]
mcaj22 11:25 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy shit you guys are crazy.

You’re really letting the first two games agains the Raptors **** with your heads. No way you say this after/during the Pacers series.

The Rockets with home court would be HEAVY favorites.
that overated Rockets team is struggling against a shit ass Rubioless Jazz team that is led by a rookie.

Thats pathetic. Lebron would crush both.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
that overated Rockets team is struggling against a shit ass Rubioless Jazz team that is led by a rookie.

Thats pathetic. Lebron would crush both.
The Jazz are a lot better than you’re giving them credit for. They’re well coached and they play excellent defense. Besides, it was just one game.

I don’t understand your logic when the Cavs were struggling with a Pacers team that was even worse.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 12:18 PM 05-04-2018
So right now I am leaning towards thinking Boston is the best matchup for the Warriors out of the Eastern conference... thoughts?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:52 PM 05-04-2018
It’s all good. Not trying to troll just a different league today with free agency and all

It’s like that in all sports professionally now. I don’t like it but it is what it is
Cool. When you compared a guy at 30 trying make it to the MLB and guy ditching his team to play with a few HOFers to trophy hunt it seemed like trolling. Obviously 1 guy likes a challenge more.than the other... all tinfoil hat theories aside.
[Reply]
TEX 01:09 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Jazz are a lot better than you’re giving them credit for. They’re well coached and they play excellent defense. Besides, it was just one game.

I don’t understand your logic when the Cavs were struggling with a Pacers team that was even worse.
Exactly. You don't understand the logic because its not very sound... The Pacers are worse than the Jazz and the Cavs barley escaped. Weren't they heavily outscored even though they managed to win the series?
[Reply]
iDeaL 01:57 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
So right now I am leaning towards thinking Boston is the best matchup for the Warriors out of the Eastern conference... thoughts?
Don’t think so. 2 games in, the reason the Celtics have beaten Philly is that their 1 thru 3 (Rozier, Tatum, Smart) has been severely outplaying the Sixers 1 thru 3 (Simmons, Redick, Covington). The rest of this series has yet to play out, but I can’t see that happening against GS (Curry, Thompson, KD) if they do happen to close Philly out and then get past the Cavs. So far, the C’s seem to have the Sixers bamboozled on the defensive end of the ball. Their rotations have been late, lazy, or outright nonexistent at times, allowing the Celtics to consistently shoot wide open 3 pointers that have been going in. Redick is a liability on the defensive end, as is Belinelli when he gets out there. The other thing the Celtics have done is run out on every Sixers missed 3 resulting in a long rebound, often getting 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 fast break situations. One of the most underestimated parts of the Warriors game is their defensive ability as a team. The things Boston has been doing to Philly just wouldn’t happen against GS on a consistent basis, imo. However, Brad Stevens has shown himself to be one hell of a coach, and maybe he could come up with some kind of gameplan for GS and have success with it. If Kyrie and Hayward weren’t injured, we would be looking at one hell of an NBA Finals this year.

Realistically, no team in the East matches up with GS right now. But all coaching, strategy, analytics, etc. aside, the thing that sets GS and Cleveland apart from everyone else is that, in the end, they each have players that are literally unstoppable when they get going (LeBron, KD). That’s why I think we are looking at a 4th straight GS vs. Cleveland Finals, with GS winning. They just have too many horses. I would hate to see LeBron lose in the Finals again because he has been playing his ass off and definitely deserves another ring, but I don’t think he can overcome the Warriors by himself. He would need Love, Smith, and Korver to play out their minds.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 232
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up