ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:43 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
The Bengals weren't a terrible team before a couple years ago. They were on par with the Cowboys. He had AJ Green and only twice had over 4000 yards and once over 30 touchdowns. His best numbers are 4200 yards and 30 touchdowns and 20 INTs. Dak had 4900 passing yards, 30 touchdowns and 11 INTs. That's significantly better.
You’re welcome to your opinion, but paying second tier guys first tier money is a surefire way to hamstring your franchise for years to come IMO

You can point to stats all you want, but Dalton is by far the better pure passer
[Reply]
Mecca 01:45 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You’re welcome to your opinion, but paying second tier guys first tier money is a surefire way to hamstring your franchise for years to come IMO

You can point to stats all you want, but Dalton is by far the better pure passer
You do realize if they don't pay him they're flushing all of the current roster talent right?
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:50 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You do realize if they don't pay him they're flushing all of the current roster talent right?
Not sure I follow... you mean because Dalton couldn’t maximize their talent as well as Dak?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:50 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Not sure I follow... you mean because Dalton couldn’t maximize their talent as well as Dak?
Andy Dalton is a scrub.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:51 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's retarded. He's butthurt he's getting his money too soon? What?
It’s not stupid to ask for it. It is stupid to walk away from life money over what your deal looks like 5 years from now. If he’s worth $45m then he’d probably just want a new agreement and if he’s not they’ll just cut him so not sure I understand his logic?
[Reply]
Shields68 01:51 PM 05-21-2020
Yep. Jerry is not going to hold this up over year 5 or 10 million in on the 5th year.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:51 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Motherfuckers real name is Rayne. Lmfao. Wtf?
Rayne Dakota. I'm offering him 10 mil less a year just for having such a queerbait name. Needs a man's name like Patrick.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:54 PM 05-21-2020
You do realize that if they pay him they’re flushing all of the current roster talent right?
[Reply]
notorious 01:57 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You do realize that if they pay him they’re flushing all of the current roster talent right?
Nope. Gotta sign Alex Smith II to elite money because reasons.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:59 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
It’s not stupid to ask for it. It is stupid to walk away from life money over what your deal looks like 5 years from now. If he’s worth $45m then he’d probably just want a new agreement and if he’s not they’ll just cut him so not sure I understand his logic?
Most of these guys are not on the cut list simply due to the lack of options. I would guess he either plays out his 5 years or is extended. Border line top 10 QB's are rarely cut. Especially in their 26-31 seasons. But it does seem like it is a case of who blinks first, do not see either side holding up this deal over 10 million in year 5.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:59 PM 05-21-2020
Dak is better than Andy fucking Dalton, but I'd probably just roll with Dalton too if your QB who is fringe Top 10 wants 45M a year. 30-35M about going rate at the very most.

I have no qualms with Dak though. If he thinks he's worth that and that holding out for a better deal is the way to go, more power to him. Although he might be driving the cost up on Mahomes.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:03 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Nope. Gotta sign Alex Smith II to elite money because reasons.
When did Alex Smith put up 4900 yards and 30 tds?

Dak has leverage should he not use it?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:10 PM 05-21-2020
Andy Dalton is a scrub.
You’re easily one of my favorite football guys here, but I’d disagree with that sentiment

Career - 62% 31594 204 118 87.5

That’s not too shabby at all considering the dysfunctional shithole that is Cincinatti
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:11 PM 05-21-2020
When did Alex Smith put up 4900 yards and 30 tds?

Dak has leverage should he not use it?
He plays an EXTREMELY similar style.

The only difference between Alex Smith in 2017 and Dak Prescott in 2019 was drop-backs. Prescott had 600 attempts in 2019 to Smith's 505. He had slightly better yards/attempt than Smith but Smith had a better adjusted Y/A and a better passer rating.

The problem with the argument, though, is that "Alex Smith 2.0" is being used as a pejorative when in all reality, Alex Smith had one of the better seasons in the league in 2017. You sign Dak to that deal and he gives you 5 years like Alex Smith had in 2017, you're doing just fine.

But Dak does have a cap, IMO. Just as Smith did. And if your goal is to win a title because you had the best team in the league - well Dak is probably someone you move on from. But Dak's also a guy that will keep you in the national dialogue. He'll move units, so to speak. If your goal is to remain competitive, try to catch a break, win a weak division and then have a miracle kind of 'lightning in a bottle' Joe Flacco run to a title...well, keep Dak. Because the odds are pretty high that the Cowboys will be worse over the next 5 years if they move on from Prescott than they would be if they kept him.

Now the latter option is probably still QB purgatory, but Jerrah's not getting younger. He may well just not feel like dealing with a rebuild that he may not live to see the end of.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:12 PM 05-21-2020
You don’t pay a QB that kind of money who routinely fails when things around him aren’t going well. He doesn’t elevate the team and at that price you better be able to.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up