ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
TribalElder 12:37 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by MAG:
i hate this guy
This

fuck Dak

He is dumb as hell and will end up on the outside looking in being greedy

On top of all that it's dumb as FUCK to be asking for 45 million in the final season, you ask for the big number up front otherwise you get cut in year 5 unless that is his plan
[Reply]
Mecca 12:37 PM 05-21-2020
Prescott really only wants a 4 year deal, the Cowboys are pushing for that 5th year because they think by then he'll be like the 8th highest paid QB...so he's pushing back that he wants a number that keeps him top 5...
[Reply]
-King- 12:43 PM 05-21-2020

Per source familiar with Prescott negotiations the report about a 5/175m offer with desire for $45 million in final year isn't accurate. Have been no meaningful discussions for some time between the sides so seems as if they are as far apart as they were a few months ago

— Jason_OTC (@Jason_OTC) May 21, 2020

To clarify any recent speculation on Dak Prescott’s contract negotiations: there have been no discussions on other scenarios other than the Cowboys wanting a longer deal and Prescott wanting a shorter deal, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:43 PM 05-21-2020
Rapoport and Schefter both saying this isn't true. Still a matter of Dak wanting 4 years and Cowboys wanting 5.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:52 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The problem is that NFL QB contracts aren't given out based on "how good you are compared to this guy". They're more or less "Next man up, next highest paid QB".

Mahomes will be the highest paid QB until the next guy gets paid.

Hell, there was a time when Derek Carr was the highest paid player in NFL history.

Right now it's Dak's turn.
Yeah, for it being a business, there a lot of emotion in contract signings.

Particularly with QB, where there's just one starter per team, if you don't make your guy the highest paid when he's up for negotiation, you are signalling that you aren't buying the best available. Even if it's accurate, you don't want to send that message, and the players don't want to hear that message.

It's an analog to the mishegas in Green Bay picking a QB high when ARod is still around. Even as the top dog ages, you have to pretend he's going to play forever.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:54 PM 05-21-2020
As much as he's taking shit if Prescott got to the open market he'd get the contract he wants.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:56 PM 05-21-2020
I don't give a fuck what his "stats" were. He isn't winning a title, so I think they are dumb as fuck for even offering that. Barely a top 10 QB...if that

AGAIN..Don't.....give....a...shit...how many "yards" he had.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:56 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
The fact that there's no mention of guaranteed money should tell you what you need to know about who leaked it and why.
I think you hit the nail on the head. It's hard to imagine ANYONE would turn down a contract like this, unless very little of it is actually guaranteed.
[Reply]
Stargazer 12:58 PM 05-21-2020
There is no way I'm doing this if I'm the Cowboys. Being saddled with this player would do more harm than good.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:07 PM 05-21-2020
Even with those gaudy stats the Cowboys still only managed 8-8 and failed to win the worst division in the NFL. He's only won one playoff game in his entire career. Blame Jason Garrett all you want but they're effectively replacing him with the same damn milquetoast mediocrity in Mike McCarthey so shit won't be getting better on that front, and now adding that insane contract on top of it all? Just doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:08 PM 05-21-2020
The Cowboys were 0-8 when trailing at the half. 0-7 when trailing into the fourth quarter.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:08 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Stargazer:
There is no way I'm doing this if I'm the Cowboys. Being saddled with this player would do more harm than good.
Are they going to do any better than him?

Prescott would get the contract he wants on the open market, if they were to walk on him that would be like saying because I got a 7 that isn't good enough till I get a 10...you then die old and alone because you never find it.

Because he isn't Mahomes doesn't mean he shouldn't get paid, the dude is better than any QB we had for 40 years until Mahomes came a long.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05-21-2020, 01:09 PM
This message has been deleted by RealSNR.
RealSNR 01:10 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sure, but that's not how NFL QB contracts go though. Dak is playing by the rules that NFL Owners/GM's set themselves up for.
Dak is bitching about making $35+ million five years from now because though he would be paid like a top 3 QB now, in that time he'll be closer to the 10th or so highest paid QB, which is no different than the contract extension process that Rodgers, Luck, Manning, and other top QBs have gone through before Dak.

Why is Dak so fucking special that the game gets to be changed now that he's up to bat? If he's just playing the game the way it's set up and he gets top money that he doesn't deserve because it's just his turn, then why does he think he gets to be different than the other QBs and have a deal that doesn't show its age by the end of its span?

I'm not advocating for adopting a so-called league maximum offer like the NBA has, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

Your starting RB is often on a day 2/3/undrafted rookie contract, and they're expected to account for sometimes upwards of 20% of a team's total offensive yardage output. They take the most punishment and wind up a brain in a jar if they manage to stick around the league for 7+ years, and they're told, "Sorry, we can't offer you that nice longterm extension. You're a RB." The best they can hope for is stringing together multiple seasons of fantasy football-relevant production and getting on the goddamn Campbell's Chunky Soup can.

The owners should have done something about THAT shit in the CBA.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:11 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dak is bitching about making $35+ million five years from now because though he would be paid like a top 3 QB now, in that time he'll be closer to the 10th or so highest paid QB, which is no different than the contract extension process that Rodgers, Luck, Manning, and other top QBs have gone through before Dak.

Why is Dak so fucking special that the game gets to be changed now that he's up to bat? If he's just playing the game the way it's set up and he gets top money that he doesn't deserve because it's just his turn, then why does he think he gets to be different than the other QBs and have a deal that doesn't show its age by the end of its span?

I'm not advocating for adopting a so-called league maximum offer like the NBA has, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

Your starting RB is often on a day 2/3/undrafted rookie contract, and they're expected to account for sometimes upwards of 20% of a team's total offensive yardage output. They take the most punishment and wind up a brain in a jar if they manage to stick around the league for 7+ years, and they're told, "Sorry, we can't offer you that nice longterm extension. You're a RB." The best they can hope for is stringing together multiple seasons of fantasy football-relevant production and getting on the goddamn Campbell's Chunky Soup can.
He has leverage, I don't blame him to be honest. It's not like he made 30 mill off his rookie deal like some of the other guys.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:12 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Is he even a top 10 QB? I think there are at least 10 I take over him.
PMII
Brees
Wilson
Brady
Watson
Rodgers
Ryan
Tannehill
Wentz
Murray

I put Wentz and Murray over Prescott. And even Brady's deflated balls with a pop gun arm at this point is better than Prescott.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up