ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:11 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Patrick Mahomes
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Tom Brady
Lamar Jackson
Deshaun Watson
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Ryan
Dak Prescott

I can think of at least five or six QBs that I would take over him. I think he's in that Deshaun Watson, Ben Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan area.
With the addition of Hopkins, I bet Murray is looked upon as a top 5 QB by the end of the year.
[Reply]
-King- 12:12 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I’d go get Dalton and tell Dak to fuck himself... edit lol, they can now tell Dak to go fuck himself
Dalton has never had even close to the year Dak had last year.
[Reply]
notorious 12:13 PM 05-21-2020
I think Dalton will play pretty good in Dallas.
[Reply]
-King- 12:13 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
$45M? :-)

What's he thinking?
That's going to be the going rate for franchise QBs in 5 years.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:17 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Dalton has never had even close to the year Dak had last year.
Sure but look where he played, the top to bottom worst franchise in the league... I’d take my chances before overpaying Alex Smith 2.0
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:18 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
He had 5300 total yards and 33 touchdowns last year. He's not Mahomes but there aren't 10 QBs better.
That makes a fair amount of sense.

But if someone flops that contract down in front of me I probably sign it. I mean come on. Unless his arm falls off or he shits the bed he’ll probably play it out.

FFS Kirk YOU LIKE THAT Cousins, who is not what I’d call good, didn’t play his way out of town on his contract.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:20 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As Chris Simms explained (kinda odd this is hitting the newswire now, as it was a comment he said in passing about 2 weeks ago) this issue isn't the total dollar figure. It's the structure of the contract. Dak wants the final year of his contract to rival what a new contract would look like 5 years from now. Hence the 45M+.

Unless the structure of the contract has language about Dak fucking a sheep in Jerry’s office every Tuesday night or something extreme like that, I fail to see how that offer isn’t good for Dak.

I know I know... fuck the billionaire owners. I get it. But I just don’t think the 10th best QB deserves to make top 3 money such that the value never goes out of date as the contract ages
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:21 PM 05-21-2020
The problem is that NFL QB contracts aren't given out based on "how good you are compared to this guy". They're more or less "Next man up, next highest paid QB".

Mahomes will be the highest paid QB until the next guy gets paid.

Hell, there was a time when Derek Carr was the highest paid player in NFL history.

Right now it's Dak's turn.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:21 PM 05-21-2020
Well, I guess if you believe in yourself and value yourself way up there, I guess turn it down. But holy fuck dude...
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:22 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I know I know... fuck the billionaire owners. I get it. But I just don’t think the 10th best QB deserves to make top 3 money such that the value never goes out of date as the contract ages
Sure, but that's not how NFL QB contracts go though. Dak is playing by the rules that NFL Owners/GM's set themselves up for.
[Reply]
tatorhog 12:23 PM 05-21-2020
Sure, but that's not how NFL QB contracts go though. Dak is playing by the rules that NFL Owners/GM's set themselves up for.
Agreed, but at some point that wheel will stop spinning.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:24 PM 05-21-2020
Look, the numbers suggest that he's worth 5/$165-175MM. He turns 27 this Summer. There is NOTHING to suggest that he should get a penny more than $35MM/yr, and the 'Boys would be shit crazy to pay him any more than that. I get what he's doing, but it's totally unrealistic given the current market. Not only that, Dallas has a guy they can plug in TODAY who is a high level backup and can adequately get you through until the next season, if necessary.
[Reply]
-King- 12:24 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sure but look where he played, the top to bottom worst franchise in the league... I’d take my chances before overpaying Alex Smith 2.0
The Bengals weren't a terrible team before a couple years ago. They were on par with the Cowboys. He had AJ Green and only twice had over 4000 yards and once over 30 touchdowns. His best numbers are 4200 yards and 30 touchdowns and 20 INTs. Dak had 4900 passing yards, 30 touchdowns and 11 INTs. That's significantly better.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:31 PM 05-21-2020
The problem is that NFL QB contracts aren't given out based on "how good you are compared to this guy". They're more or less "Next man up, next highest paid QB".

Mahomes will be the highest paid QB until the next guy gets paid.

Hell, there was a time when Derek Carr was the highest paid player in NFL history.

Right now it's Dak's turn.
Yeah, but someone is gonna have to draw a line somewhere. That shit is unsustainable with a salary cap. And salary cap is good for the league to keep it competitive.

And with rookie contracts being reasonable these days, and seemingly more decent QBs coming out of the draft these days than there used to be, you would be better off just drafting another one every year than paying top dollar to a dude that is pretty fucking replaceable. Spend that money on the rest of your roster.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:34 PM 05-21-2020
Unreal.

He's offered THAT contract and refuses?!? He's arguably not even worth that type of contract.

If I was the Cowboys, I would try and flip him now for picks and just play Andy Dalton (who will look a lot better in that offense than he did in Cincy the last few years) and draft a QB in 2021 to learn under Andy, preparing to take over in 2022.

If not, play him under the franchise tag this year and trade him in the off-season (or let him walk for a comp pick if you don't feel like dealing with the headache or you think he might play another year under the tag since it goes up significantly in the 2nd year) and then followed with same scenario above (draft 2021 QB, play Dalton 2021, rookie QB takes over in 2022).

I get Dak trying to get as much as he can while he can get it, but his numbers on the field and his playoff performance are not compatible with that contract.

Dallas really just needs to tell him and his agent to **** off at this point. We offered you a fair deal and you turned it down. Moving on . . . . . .
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up