ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 04:38 AM 05-25-2020
Greedy hippy
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:43 AM 05-25-2020
I would cut him. Do it Jerry.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:29 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
In a pre-COVID world, that was too much money to give Dak.

In this current climate, where we don't even know if/when there will be football (or for how long), he's a ****ing idiot for not running to sign that thing.

The difference between Dak leading the Cowboys and Dalton leading the Cowboys is negligible. Dak is not a game-changing quarterback. He's not Mahomes, or Russell Wilson, or Brees or Jackson or Watson or even Rodgers (although Rodgers is about to exit the "game-changing QB" club, just as Brady did last season). Those guys above can add wins to their team's total just by being under center. They deserve big money. Dak does not. Compared to what Dalton is making, they're better off putting that Dak money to good use on surrounding players.
Best post in this thread.
[Reply]
Valiant 12:29 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If the Browns and Jets both finish in the Top 5, I would doubt that either team would go with yet another young QB at the helm. I didn't see any rumors about the Giants looking into Tua, which would be really surprising since Gettleman is an old school old fart and a guy that doesn't give up on players so easily.

Of course, anything is possible but that doesn't seem like the right play because ownership would be tossing the new GM and coaching staffs after a couple of seasons or in the Browns and Giants case, one season, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Dysfunctional franchises ruin more NFL players than coaching or ability. Had Rosen or Darnold gone to better franchises, let alone franchises that have proven offensive-minded coaches, their careers would likely be very different at this point.

Look at Tannehill as a recent example. The dude was playing in quicksand down in Miami yet exploded in Tennessee after he was traded for peanuts.

Tampa is in the "Win Now" mode, so it made perfect sense for them to sign Brady. They have great offensive weapons and a very good defense under Todd Bowles.

The other part of the equation is this: Would Tampa or Indy have given up a 1st rounder and some change for Dak instead of signing Brady and Rivers, respectively? I think the answer is a definite "Maybe", if not a full on Yes. Both teams think they're Super Bowl ready, with their only need being at QB.

If you had a chance to get Prime Years Dak instead of old, beat up and slow Philip Rivers or Old Man Brady, maybe one of those teams bites and maybe both get involved.

They're likely to hover around 7-9 to 9-7 for the next several seasons. Even if the Cowboys draft well for the next few years, Dak will be 29 years old before their ready to compete for a Super Bowl.

With probably somewhere around $105 million invested in him at that point, which is just another reason why they should take what they can get for Dak and move on, IMO.
Brady is still interesting to me. He seems to have slipped last year. And once that starts it speeds up each year. Now he is in a new system outside of slinging to gronk. Whom I hope gets busted for his roids use. to me, Brady was signed as a stop gap and sell seats.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:36 PM 05-25-2020
Dak isn't worth half of that, he is an idiot.
[Reply]
007 03:35 PM 05-25-2020
Dak is and idiot
[Reply]
Bowser 04:33 PM 05-25-2020
Rule One of sports contract negotiations - never follow the Mike Moustakas plan of attack.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:58 PM 05-25-2020
I think the Browns are going to be better than people predict
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:02 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:06 PM 05-25-2020
Browns Chargers conference championship...

Winner plays the Bears in the SB.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 05:09 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Rams or Chargers, new stadiums means playoffs
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:57 AM 05-26-2020
Is this from 2018?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:49 PM 05-26-2020
I saw a dumbass say LA are more dangerous with Tyrod :-)
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 01:01 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Boy, wouldn't that suck for Phillip Rivers To sign with the Colts only for the Chargers to finally succeed... (But that isn't gonna happen on Mahomes' watch.)

Sorry for the random thought that was a bit off topic...
[Reply]
Valiant 01:45 PM 05-26-2020
Did they get a new qb?

Mayfield win Percentage against teams with a winning record is Ryan leaf bad if I remember correctly.
It is his 3rd year, if he does the same he is out.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up