Truly was a dying breed

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Well played sir.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:07 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
This sucks. RIP

Truly was a dying breed
Flop is laughing at this from his corner of hell.
[Reply]
bowener 08:13 AM 05-11-2020
Guys, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I enjoyed his posts here and I was thankful for his work with SOC. I did not know him and I do not personally know a single one of you on this board. I can say that I genuinely wish I had known this man Mike. From your responses in this thread, it is quite clear that he was a good man, an honest man, and above all, he was a truly great friend to a lot of you. While I am a mostly empty voice on this board, I'd like you all to know I do appreciate how much time you spend here and the incredible community you have made for each other. I feel like a voyeur at times looking in from the outside, hearing of your get-togethers and stories, seeing the pictures from tailgates, but I enjoy it all. Though I am not close to anyone, I do feel sorrow when this place loses a voice, and with it, we lose countless stories told and untold. Thank you all for letting me participate in your community, even if I am outside the circle you all still add something to my daily life. Thank you for that.

Tonight I will drink some beer and eat some ribs in honor of a man I did not know but wish I had.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:13 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wow, usually ib in these types of situations are cringe-worthy to watch and I can't make it more than a few seconds through it, since the guests are fumbling through their words and not making a bit of sense. Not Flop. He was a god damn baller on there and didn't have even one little fuck up.

I didn't have much interaction with him, but I was in the CPFD group and I always really liked him. Of the old mods he was by far my favorite. CP lost another good one.

RIP
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:17 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
One of the best times of my life and Mike was one of the main reasons why.

Dude....I can remember Mike stepping in between Buck and some drunk Chiefs fans because they were trying to start shit with Buck because he was a Chargers fan.
That weekend was epic. Then again, most of my interactions with him were as well. Didn't matter if we were at a game, out to dinner or just on the phone - Mike was larger than life and was amazing at finding the bright side and making you feel better about everything.

One night me, Mike and Clay went to dinner at Waldo Pizza because he HAD to try the Burnt End pie. Every time I'm in town and pass the place I think of his face lighting up as he ate. You'd have thought he was eating gold. Shit, that was a LONG time ago.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:40 AM 05-11-2020
RIP
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
That weekend was epic. Then again, most of my interactions with him were as well. Didn't matter if we were at a game, out to dinner or just on the phone - Mike was larger than life and was amazing at finding the bright side and making you feel better about everything.

One night me, Mike and Clay went to dinner at Waldo Pizza because he HAD to try the Burnt End pie. Every time I'm in town and pass the place I think of his face lighting up as he ate. You'd have thought he was eating gold. Shit, that was a LONG time ago.
He was definitely over the top with his attitude and energy.

I’m just glad he got to see Mahomes and a championship before he left.

Fuck man. This fucking sucks so much.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:51 AM 05-11-2020
Word hath brought he who came upon Glory
That the love of his heart lay suffering
And pined for the comfort a SuperBowl may bring;
Brought upon by change his hand helped guide
Slay the beasts of past whispers and know
That today he rests with a victorious honor

Rest in Peace, Big Man.
[Reply]
morphius 09:06 AM 05-11-2020
Well damn. I was never sure how worried I should be with him, his FB posts went from "I'm a 1%er" to "I can't take it any more", his jumping from job to job and in and out of hospitals. I was a bit worried when I saw this thread that he might have done something drastic. Feel bad for his friends and family, praying for them all.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:15 AM 05-11-2020
RIP bud.

Looks like you’ll be missed by a lot of friends.
[Reply]
alanm 09:35 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
When I first joined, I think he was Flop that told me to PM Bob Dole about something or other.

He seemed like a good dude. RIP.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
chinaski 09:54 AM 05-11-2020
RIP! I enjoyed his posts. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:59 AM 05-11-2020
Not the way to start a Monday. Terrible news.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:04 AM 05-11-2020
Sept 2010, MNF vs the Chargers, post CP bash.... epic weekend.

[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:06 AM 05-11-2020
That's too bad. RIP, friend.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up