ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 59
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 10:25 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't know how anyone can be a 10 when there's so much suffering to come from others. This is beyond tragic for the majority of the world.
This.
Its the ME way of thinking.
If I'm ok that is all that matters I saw it a ton the first couple of weeks here.
After the Domino effect spread far enough people realized the seriousness of the situation.
I'd guess it was someone who is a 10 that gave my post a thumbs down.
Just for a fun exercise I tried reading through it to think of what would've given that reaction.

Weakness on my part? Denial on their part?
Maybe the person still hopes that the virus is fake news..
I'm unsure.

Honestly I'm hoping the middle of the country never does get to the point we are here in NY.
But at this moment the only thing that will stop it is some amazing news coming from NYC and the Med trials.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:26 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've lost $8k in cancelled events March-May.

FUCK ME.
That sucks man. Hopefully our Government will help you cover most if not all of that.
I know I know. " not holding my breath "
[Reply]
neech 10:28 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
So your life is pretty much the same it was and you only gave it a #5? :-)

What the hell would you give it if things got a little worse a #2? :-)

[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 10:29 AM 03-22-2020
Anyone know anyone who has the COVID 19 virus?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:31 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
This.
Its the ME way of thinking.
If I'm ok that is all that matters I saw it a ton the first couple of weeks here.
After the Domino effect spread far enough people realized the seriousness of the situation.
I'd guess it was someone who is a 10 that gave my post a thumbs down.
Just for a fun exercise I tried reading through it to think of what would've given that reaction.

Weakness on my part? Denial on their part?
Maybe the person still hopes that the virus is fake news..
I'm unsure.

Honestly I'm hoping the middle of the country never does get to the point we are here in NY.
But at this moment the only thing that will stop it is some amazing news coming from NYC and the Med trials.
Hey if someone is happy and not letting all the bad stuff that's going on in the world get to them then I say good for them. Who I am to tell someone how to feel?
[Reply]
notorious 10:33 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Hey if someone is happy and not letting all the bad stuff that's going on in the world get to them then I say good for them. Who I am to tell someone how to feel?
Best thing you've ever posted.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:34 AM 03-22-2020
I voted 7. Was going to come back to the states in January 2021 but now with where the economy is headed I may need to stay until summer 2021. I was in Thailand when the virus started breaking out and I almost came back but for now I’m staying put since I can pay my bills from back home and put money away for when I get back.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:36 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Only indirectly. A good friend has a cousin whose entire household got it in NYC.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:43 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I have a co-worker who's neighbor has died from it.

But no, I myself didn't know him.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 10:51 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Please keep in mind.
All of my comments aside.
My son & I both symptom free now.
My family has made the best of it stuck in a shutdown community.
We've cooked some insane food.
We've binged a couple of shows.
We were lucky enough to have avoided Breaking Bad..its new to us.
I'm 54 but I still enjoy playing video games with my sons.
I'm leveling toons on WoW that I haven't played in 5 yrs.
The dog has gone for so many walks on trails that he barely runs now when he hears the leash come out.
Sex like were snowed in from a Blizzard and its my Birthday.
Its a sunny day today shot hoops in my driveway.
The wife and I purchased some pot so we sneak out to the garage & catch a buzz when we can out of view. My Youngest is still unaware we do this from time to time.
Board games.Card games.
Chess tourney we have going on.
Might build a fire tonight outside.
We've done a lot of early spring cleaning.

So do not think I'm curled up in a ball paralyzed with fear.
Our country is Strong I have complete Faith we will get it all back on track but it might take a good amount of time.

But my eyes are not closed to the world Economy Tanking.
Nor all the sick people who are strongly effected by this.
Italy holy shit..almost 2k people in the last 3 days.

So I'm keeping on but the condition of the world alone has to take you down 4 or 5 points.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:52 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I went with a 5. I'm not nearly as worked up about this as a lot of people. I have plenty of food, ammo, etc. and know plenty about survival. I'm prepared to hole up for a longtime if needed. On the down side, it cost me my job and I'm really worried about my elderly parents. If I were to get it, I'm sure I would beat it, if not, it's been a hell of a run, no regrets. My folks on the hand, may not come out of is as well, so that's my primary stressor.
Fuck. You were in the oil fields. Sorry man.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:00 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
Please keep in mind.
All of my comments aside.
My son & I both symptom free now.
My family has made the best of it stuck in a shutdown community.
We've cooked some insane food.
We've binged a couple of shows.
We were lucky enough to have avoided Breaking Bad..its new to us.
I'm 54 but I still enjoy playing video games with my sons.
I'm leveling toons on WoW that I haven't played in 5 yrs.
The dog has gone for so many walks on trails that he barely runs now when he hears the leash come out.
Sex like were snowed in from a Blizzard and its my Birthday.
Its a sunny day today shot hoops in my driveway.
The wife and I purchased some pot so we sneak out to the garage & catch a buzz when we can out of view. My Youngest is still unaware we do this from time to time.
Board games.Card games.
Chess tourney we have going on.
Might build a fire tonight outside.
We've done a lot of early spring cleaning.

So do not think I'm curled up in a ball paralyzed with fear.
Our country is Strong I have complete Faith we will get it all back on track but it might take a good amount of time.

But my eyes are not closed to the world Economy Tanking.
Nor all the sick people who are strongly effected by this.
Italy holy shit..almost 2k people in the last 3 days.

So I'm keeping on but the condition of the world alone has to take you down 4 or 5 points.

buddy, that was normal life before the internet and all it's distractions.. i encourage you to keep it up, after this passes.

I actually hope this for the country.... a reset would serve us well..especially if this gets worse.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:10 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
****. You were in the oil fields. Sorry man.
Close, a lot of my customers were oilfield businesses.
[Reply]
Otter 11:10 AM 03-22-2020
I'm on the east coast and need a haircut really badly and my favorite sushi spot is closed as well as the barber.

Is it time to start rioting yet? :-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:14 AM 03-22-2020
I find it very distressing for three reasons, the first two more altruistic, the third selfish.

1. An insidious feature of this virus is the isolation it induces, including people dying alone in hospitals without the presence of their loved ones. I imagine the surviving family suffer the most from this. The dying must be treated as lepers. This is now occurring for approaching 2,000 victims per day globally. All so incredibly sad to contemplate.

2. If it's this stressful for me, with a secure job, I can't imagine what it's like for the economically dislocated. This is more stress than humans are designed to handle at once.

3. My daughter has severe asthma, and her lungs react strongly to even a cold. That makes me very nervous. My city is estimated to have only a small fraction of the beds and ventilators it will need even by conservative estimates of infection. Yet people continue to congregate as though there were no threat. The thought of my daughter being isolated while enduring what for her could be a life threatening illness is terrifying.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 59
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up