ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 15 of 59
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:52 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Welp got the call today.

Both my son and I are laid off.
Sorry to hear that, try to make the best of it
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:58 PM 03-23-2020
Welp got the call today.

Sorry to hear, Brother. Hoping something comes along for you soon.
[Reply]
Otter 01:15 PM 03-23-2020
Welp got the call today.

I'm sorry to hear that, bro.

This is the perfect time to do some online classes. Something certified that you can add to your resume would be ideal and making lemonade from lemons.

That's what I've been doing. Work has come to a virtual halt here as well and it's starting to look like a ghost town outside.

I think we'll all come out of this fine but it's gonna get Rosie & Whoopie ugly.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:15 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I have all four of my grandchildren from 7:00 to 7:00. And they're not the younger cute, sweet, easy to take care of kind. One is a preteen pms'ing bitchy shit and her sister ain't far behind both boys think their job is to irritate the hell out of the girls all day long.

How the fuck do you think I'm doing?
I'd be chugging grandpa's cough syrup at an alarming rate if I were you.

I've just got a 3 year old boy. I didn't know a single child could say "Daddy" that many times in a day. Sometimes I'll ignore him until he gets to like the 8th one, but he just comes over and tugs on me at that point anyhow.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:18 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Then act like it never happened.
Or post about it on ChiefsPlanet. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:25 PM 03-23-2020
No complaints. Had scheduled this week off from work for months, parents were going to visit. They've stayed in Hawaii instead of flying back to the States, so I'm just playing video games, cleaning, watching TV, and so on. Supposed to return to work Sunday, but I doubt my job working grounds at a golf course will be considered essential to the powers that be. Bills are all paid and have a few weeks of food, so I'm okay for now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:46 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
:-)
she's been working at home for a week.
i've been sent home today to work.:-)
brrrr, it's cold around here.
sec
So you weren’t banished to the couch?:-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:49 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
I'm sorry to hear that, bro.

This is the perfect time to do some online classes. Something certified that you can add to your resume would be ideal and making lemonade from lemons.

That's what I've been doing. Work has come to a virtual halt here as well and it's starting to look like a ghost town outside.

I think we'll all come out of this fine but it's gonna get Rosie & Whoopie ugly.
I am actually signed up for some online classes... Im not going into detail as of what, but learning a new potential hobby/trade.

Im spending the day calling all the creditors and discussing options. They seem to all be in good moods and very willing to help you in anyway possible.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:50 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Or post about it on ChiefsPlanet. :-)
Where you get to relive it every six months or so when someone brings it up!
[Reply]
dmahurin 02:00 PM 03-23-2020
Welp got the call today.

My job is hiring in Lees Summit. Lab tech's testing mostly corona samples currently. Some jobs just require high school diploma, some require college. Full time, part time, days, nights, pretty much everything available. Benefits, PTO, 401 matching all that good stuff.

https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/...=LANCASTERLABS

Hiring is happening quickly from what I understand. The lab is understaffed and needing people.
[Reply]
scho63 02:01 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
If anybody's workplace is filled with turmoil and uncertainty today like mine is, I feel you.
The Prison Laundry? :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:03 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Where you get to relive it every six months or so when someone brings it up!
FWIW, Iowanian's story makes me feel much better. He did more damage to his kitchen with eggs than I did with a .38. :-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:09 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
My job is hiring in Lees Summit. Lab tech's testing mostly corona samples currently. Some jobs just require high school diploma, some require college. Full time, part time, days, nights, pretty much everything available. Benefits, PTO, 401 matching all that good stuff.

https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/...=LANCASTERLABS

Hiring is happening quickly from what I understand. The lab is understaffed and needing people.
Thats awesome!

Were in OKC...
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:11 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
FWIW, Iowanian's story makes me feel much better. He did more damage to his kitchen with eggs than I did with a .38. :-)
I'm sure the smell of gunpowder disperses a bit more quickly than that of foul eggs as well.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:13 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'm sure the smell of gunpowder disperses a bit more quickly than that of foul eggs as well.
Also, my refrigerator still works. :-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 59
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up