ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 59
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:25 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
If anybody's workplace is filled with turmoil and uncertainty today like mine is, I feel you.
My boss walked in this morning and said that anyone worried about their health is free to go home and sign up for unemployment, and their jobs will not be in jeopardy

So I’m feeling MUCH better right about now, two weeks seems like a good cooling off period to me, maybe longer if things continue to get worse

I feel for those who’d rather hunker down but can’t, it’s a worrisome time
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:40 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
Grandson brought his.22 in w a shell jammed in it he wanted me to dig out.
My bad I assumed it was spent.
Messed w it for a couple minutes and couldn’t get it out.
Aimed it at the floor and pulled the trigger.
Shot a hole in the floor between the stove and the sink.
Supper ended right then
Like I said, my bad.
sec
i did this once with a 12 gauge... almost word for word. i still feel stupid
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My boss walked in this morning and said that anyone worried about their health is free to go home and sign up for unemployment, and their jobs will not be in jeopardy

So I’m feeling MUCH better right about now, two weeks seems like a good cooling off period to me, maybe longer if things continue to get worse

:-) That is good news for ya
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:07 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) That is good news for ya
Yeah money isn’t everything, and I’m no spring chicken with two risk factors... was super grateful to her for being so cool about it
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:43 AM 03-23-2020
My office is at least closed to the public starting today. Still have to get an election set up though. I’m going to be pissed if I put in all of this work and then they postpone it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:53 AM 03-23-2020
I'm dealing with a lot of guilt over self-isolating when I know that my work is short-staffed, but given my immune suppression from chemo, I know it's the right move. We've got a decent amount of money in checking and savings to carry us through the next few months, and even if I end up losing my job from this, I can live with that.
[Reply]
luv 08:57 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

I would love to be at home, but I'd have to use vacation time since we can't afford to not have income coming in. I'm waiting until non-essential businesses are ordered to close, especially since it's going to take that for us to do so. My boss thinks this entire thing is being blown out of proportion and we should all just man up. Thankfully, my boyfriend was high enough up in his restaurant that he is not out of a job, and, so far, daycare is still open. That would be the other thing that would make me have to miss work.
[Reply]
luv 08:59 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My office is at least closed to the public starting today. Still have to get an election set up though. I’m going to be pissed if I put in all of this work and then they postpone it.
Our municipal elections scheduled for April 7 have been postponed until June.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:02 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'm dealing with a lot of guilt over self-isolating when I know that my work is short-staffed, but given my immune suppression from chemo, I know it's the right move. We've got a decent amount of money in checking and savings to carry us through the next few months, and even if I end up losing my job from this, I can live with that.
You pretty much have job security. Pharmacists are always in demand. (Nice career choice)
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:08 AM 03-23-2020
Didn’t know you were battling cancer, damn man very sorry to hear that

Originally Posted by luv:
I would love to be at home, but I'd have to use vacation time since we can't afford to not have income coming in. I'm waiting until non-essential businesses are ordered to close, especially since it's going to take that for us to do so. My boss thinks this entire thing is being blown out of proportion and we should all just man up. Thankfully, my boyfriend was high enough up in his restaurant that he is not out of a job, and, so far, daycare is still open. That would be the other thing that would make me have to miss work.
As with Hamas above, very sorry to hear about the tight spot you and yours are in... wish there was an easy answer for you, and everyone else out there in the same predicament

It’s gotta be agonizing, and your boss is a freaking moron :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:16 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Our municipal elections scheduled for April 7 have been postponed until June.
This is why I believe more schools will close for longer times

OH MY IT HAPPENED
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 AM 03-23-2020
You’re good. I think You’re exactly the person that should be self quarantining.

I’d be surprised if there were a ton of job losses over this.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:45 AM 03-23-2020
Jobs smob who gives a fuck about the job you are too valuable of a Chiefs Planeter to be doing work in time like this just keep from getting the C19 you dig?

And Kick Cancers ass
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
8 overall
Minus 1 for retirement hit
Minus 1 for pulling a fraz and shooting a hole in the kitchen floor
Wife is pissed
sec
For the record, I did NOT shoot a hole in the floor. :-)

I shot a hole in the wall, the pantry door, and the bottom of the side of the refrigerator door. After that, the bullet rolled harmlessly onto the kitchen floor.

But the floor was fine. :-)
[Reply]
Predarat 10:35 AM 03-23-2020
6 - could be better but could be much worse. Still have a job for now but if cutbacks happen and I get axed, not much out there right now.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 59
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up