ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:37 PM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
Can you record? Do you get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, EspnNews, FS1, NBA TV, NFL Network, MLB Network, Big Ten Network?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:36 AM 11-12-2017
Anybody else using this?

Not paying, but I have a log in. So far it's fantastic. I like the no contract pay aspect. And the interface is really good.

35$ per month is reasonable. Should be interesting to watch it grow and see how it expands. I like paying nothing. So it'll be tough for me to go back.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:40 AM 11-12-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can you record? Do you get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, EspnNews, FS1, NBA TV, NFL Network, MLB Network, Big Ten Network?
Gosh, if only there was a simple way to find the answers to these questions. Hmmm... what to do?
[Reply]
Fish 12:22 PM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Not paying, but I have a log in. So far it's fantastic. I like the no contract pay aspect. And the interface is really good.

35$ per month is reasonable. Should be interesting to watch it grow and see how it expands. I like paying nothing. So it'll be tough for me to go back.
I'd been using SlingTV. Mostly just for sports. I really loved how you could watch NCAA games for several days after they aired. And sometimes NFL and other league games too. But most everything about it sucked except the actual content.

YoutubeTV has been great so far. Need to verify that it does indeed air Royals games though. It goes by location, and provides FS1, so I'm assuming it will. The normal channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc are all the actual KC stations too, so that's nice. It provides all the channels I would normally watch if I had cable. Interface is great. DVR feature is incredible. I'm happy.
[Reply]
Fish 12:26 PM 11-18-2017
And FYI if anyone is considering trying it...

They have an offer right now where if you pay for 1 month worth of service($35), they'll mail you a Chromecast absolutely free.

https://support.google.com/youtubetv.../7298638?hl=en
[Reply]
srvy 12:41 PM 11-18-2017
Have NFL network and SEC?
[Reply]
Fish 01:00 PM 11-18-2017
No NFL Network.

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports, the SEC Network, the Big Ten Network, and CBS Sports.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:18 PM 11-18-2017
Have seen several comments saying you can't skip commercials on DVR. Any way around that?
[Reply]
Fish 01:26 PM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Have seen several comments saying you can't skip commercials on DVR. Any way around that?
You can skip commercials on DVR. You just can't for On Demand stuff. And if an On Demand version exists, it will play that instead of your DVR version...

Originally Posted by :
With most TV providers, viewers are given the option to both record shows to their DVR when they air, and watch on-demand programs that are made available. The big difference between the two is that DVR recordings allow viewers to skip the commercials, while on-demand does not. YouTube TV also possesses both DVR and on-demand options, but according to a report by The Wall Street Journal, if an on-demand version of a recorded show is available, the service will force the user to watch the on-demand version, complete with unskippable ads.

This “feature” was obviously not advertised upfront, but a YouTube spokeswoman has confirmed that it’s not a mistake, and is tied to the specifics of content deals the services has with certain content providers like ABC, NBC, and FOX. By comparison, PlayStation Vue has both DVR and on-demand options, but allows users to pick which one they’ll view, with commercials fully skippable in the DVR recording. Naturally, this isn’t sitting well with many subscribers to YouTube TV, who assumed that their DVR service would function like any other.

On the plus side, the on-demand version of an episode usually doesn’t go up until the following day after a show airs, so if a user gets to the recording early enough, they can watch without ads. Still, that’s a pretty small window, and one unlikely to satisfy most. If a show happens to be entirely unavailable on-demand, the problem solves itself, as the recorded version is the only option. Sadly, that only applies to a small portion of available popular shows.

[Reply]
007 03:36 PM 11-18-2017
You can skip commercials on DVR. You just can't for On Demand stuff. And if an On Demand version exists, it will play that instead of your DVR version...
If only I could set this up in Topeka to have kc stations.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:39 PM 11-18-2017
That's what I was reading. Oh well.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:41 AM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
Have any friends in KC? It allows for up to 6 log ins. Split it with somebody. 35$ is cheap. 17.50$ is better.

I'd almost do that.
[Reply]
Fish 11:44 AM 11-19-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
You can't? What ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX stations does it give you then?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:54 AM 11-19-2017
You can't? What ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX stations does it give you then?
Topeka has it's own locals. But I'll bet you could get a decent OTA antenna to get them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Up