ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 929
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120520 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:50 PM 07-27-2016
Today was a good day to own PMD. I bought it a couple of years ago and it immediately lost 20% and stayed there. But today's gain of 31.39% is the largest single-day increase I've ever had in a stock. I'm now in the black on it for the first time ever.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:37 PM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Today was a good day to own PMD. I bought it a couple of years ago and it immediately lost 20% and stayed there. But today's gain of 31.39% is the largest single-day increase I've ever had in a stock. I'm now in the black on it for the first time ever.
Cha-Ching!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:01 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I have to share this even though I don't really want to but it's just toooo funny. I bought this penny stock about 3 years ago with a hope of good long term gains. So this company just didn't move up the whole time . in fact it decreased about 50% but I felt like it still had potential. Finally yesterday I had made up my mind I wasn't waiting any longer because I found a real winner I wanted to move that money into so I SOLD. TODAY that company announced a million dollar contract with the US military and the stock moved up 35 %. That's exactly the ****ing news I had been waiting on for the last year. If I had just waited one more ****ing day ! :-):-):-)
I threw $3000 back at it right after and it's currently up to about $7000. I'm on pins and needles because I'm afraid the investors are going to take their profits and crash it. I still think this company has long term success, they are making bullet proof vests out of spider silk. They genetically crossed the Golden Orb spider with silk worms and the product is stronger than Kevlar or steel. They just opened up production in Vietnam and opened a facility in Indiana to increase production.

http://www.kraiglabs.com/

(KBLB)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:37 PM 08-01-2016
I threw $3000 back at it right after and it's currently up to about $7000. I'm on pins and needles because I'm afraid the investors are going to take their profits and crash it. I still think this company has long term success, they are making bullet proof vests out of spider silk. They genetically crossed the Golden Orb spider with silk worms and the product is stronger than Kevlar or steel. They just opened up production in Vietnam and opened a facility in Indiana to increase production.

(KBLB)
I'd take the profits out of that and keep the original $3k only in there to grow. Invest the $4k you made in something less risky or sit in cash for a good time to buy. But that's just me.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:42 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'd take the profits out of that and keep the original $3k only in there to grow. Invest the $4k you made in something less risky or sit in cash for a good time to buy. But that's just me.
Exactly what I was thinking.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:44 PM 08-01-2016
I know , I know. That would be the right thing to do ! And in the back of my mind there's this little devil telling me it could go to $10 and you'll be rich. And I think this company really has a future.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:46 PM 08-01-2016

(KBLB)
I came here to post exactly what Lew posted.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:49 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I came here to post exactly what Lew posted.
Well , now that I've heard it from a farmer I think i'll just have to do that.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:53 PM 08-01-2016
I know , I know. That would be the right thing to do ! And in the back of my mind there's this little devil telling me it could go to $10 and you'll be rich. And I think this company really has a future.
Just play with the house's money, bro. I did something similar with that NVDA stock you were asking about. I got into it when it went down to ~30. Sold half at ~56, despite the company's significant upside. The old saying is that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:56 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Just play with the house's money, bro. I did something similar with that NVDA stock you were asking about. I got into it when it went down to ~30. Sold half at ~56, despite the company's significant upside. The old saying is that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.
In one of my accounts, I set a policy that I would buy a stock, and then when it went up 20% I would sell off the original money, keep the profit in it, and then use the original money to buy another stock. My theory is that I can take advantage of random variations in prices to increase my return, and in the long term I'm building my zero-fee mutual fund.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:57 PM 08-01-2016
Well , now that I've heard it from a farmer I think i'll just have to do that.
Lots of smarts in this thread!

It lessens your risk while maintaining your profits, while still being able to profit from that company should it continue to rise. It's a risky sector though, which is why I would maintain a success where I doubled my profits.

Nice job by the way!
[Reply]
Nightfyre 07:04 PM 08-01-2016
In one of my accounts, I set a policy that I would buy a stock, and then when it went up 20% I would sell off the original money, keep the profit in it, and then use the original money to buy another stock. My theory is that I can take advantage of random variations in prices to increase my return, and in the long term I'm building my zero-fee mutual fund.
My dad and I were kicking around a similar idea. Just cash out after a good pop and leave the remainder in the stock to build a diversified portfolio over time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:08 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
My dad and I were kicking around a similar idea. Just cash out after a good pop and leave the remainder in the stock to build a diversified portfolio over time.
I've been doing it for quite a while in one account, but eventually switched to a different strategy. I think I was matching the market but not beating it. I adopted it for a new account and it's been doing quite well.

All in all, I like doing it because you minimize risk, keep some skin in the game if you happen to identify a stock rocket, and you don't get fleeced by mutual fund fees.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 07:09 PM 08-01-2016
I've been doing it for quite a while in one account, but eventually switched to a different strategy. I think I was matching the market but not beating it. I adopted it for a new account and it's been doing quite well.

All in all, I like doing it because you minimize risk, keep some skin in the game if you happen to identify a stock rocket, and you don't get fleeced by mutual fund fees.
I think one of the major upsides is that you end up with a portfolio of companies you have researched and actually like/liked at one point or another.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:14 PM 08-01-2016
[QUOTE=Nightfyre;12346528]Just play with the house's money, bro. I did something similar with that NVDA stock you were asking about. I got into it when it went down to ~30. Sold half at ~56, despite the company's significant upside. The old saying is that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.[/QUOTE]

Ohh, I like that ! Haven't heard that in a long time.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 929
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120520 > Last »
Up