ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Post covid: The return of a modernized drive in?
BigRedChief 08:43 PM 05-27-2020
We had this discussion in one of the threads in here. Would drive ins return post covid? The answer is in......

Romantic, cozy, and a total throwback, drive-in theaters are a great way to shake up movie night and can even encourage social distancing while having fun. Florida is home to some of the oldest surviving drive-in movie theaters, and soon, it will also hold Florida's and the world’s largest drive-in theater.

Called Lighthouse 5, the theater will be found in Eustis and feature 5 different screens, on-site restaurants, and even camping!

On their Facebook page, they explain that two to three screens would be dedicated to new Hollywood releases, one to two screens for old throwbacks, and one screen for film fests, indies, and rentals.

This would be your one-stop-shop for all your movie needs.

At the center of it all would be a lighthouse, the location’s namesake, as featured on their Facebook page.

https://www.narcity.com/news/us/fl/o...te-movie-night
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:46 PM 05-27-2020
They set up a drive in at the Twin Creek in Bellevue and showed ET and Jurassic Park. I haven't heard much about the response, but it seems like a cool ass idea. I haven't been to a drive in movie in about 20 years I think...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:59 PM 05-27-2020
I think so. I don't really like movie theaters, but a drive in would be a fun experience.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:01 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think so. I don't really like movie theaters, but a drive in would be a fun experience.
they can Bluetooth the sound through an app or website. You get a code for that time and movie. The portable Bluetooth speakers are really cheap These days.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:08 AM 05-28-2020
California has active drive ins. Several of them. As I recall the Drive-In Sacramento 6 is where I first kissed my wife back in 1988, and it is still open.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:09 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
They set up a drive in at the Twin Creek in Bellevue and showed ET and Jurassic Park. I haven't heard much about the response, but it seems like a cool ass idea. I haven't been to a drive in movie in about 20 years I think...
I'm sure it has been at least 20 years for me.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:54 AM 05-28-2020
With the new normal being what it is. It could be pretty fun. My seats in my 200 are comfy
[Reply]
Up