ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3796 of 4898
« First < 2796329636963746378637923793379437953796 379737983799380038063846389642964796 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:48 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
None of Denver's injuries thus season impacted that record
Interesting. I would say that losing Tim Patrick before the season starts was pretty big. Suggesting that no injuries impacted a record is silly. Suggesting that they would have been in the playoffs without all the injuries is silly as well.

The major whiff on this season was coaching and it started out with camp hugs in the preseason and their whole approach to the regular season.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:48 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
I mean, whenever I am reading this thread and I see a comment like this one, I don't even need to scan left to see the name of the poster behind the comment.
Obviously if you have a lot of injuries, it impacts your record to some extent. But the Denver injury excuse (for what seems like the last 5 years now) has a few problems.

1) The team hasn't looked good BEFORE the injuries amassed. Their biggest problems have been at areas that haven't been majorly affected by injuries (namely, QB and head coach).

2) Even if Denver actually DID have a great roster that was playoff-bound when healthy....so what? You don't stay healthy. Clearly there is a training/conditioning problem that isn't going to magically disappear. On top of having a number of injury-prone players.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:52 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Obviously if you have a lot of injuries, it impacts your record to some extent. But the Denver injury excuse (for what seems like the last 5 years now) has a few problems.

1) The team hasn't looked good BEFORE the injuries amassed. Their biggest problems have been at areas that haven't been majorly affected by injuries (namely, QB and head coach).

2) Even if Denver actually DID have a great roster that was playoff-bound when healthy....so what? You don't stay healthy. Clearly there is a training/conditioning problem that isn't going to magically disappear. On top of having a number of injury-prone players.
Their OL has been a consistent problem. But, losing guys like Patrick before things start and J Williams early on certainly do not help. Those were 2 key offensive starters that only accounted for 4 games, all Williams. I won't go through the other names that missed stretches of games because that happens on most teams.

Injuries have been a consistent problem for sure and yes, they need to address and enhance their conditioning and other programs. Starts with coaching and they have not had a good one for some time.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:13 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Their OL has been a consistent problem. But, losing guys like Patrick before things start and J Williams early on certainly do not help. Those were 2 key offensive starters that only accounted for 4 games, all Williams. I won't go through the other names that missed stretches of games because that happens on most teams.

Injuries have been a consistent problem for sure and yes, they need to address and enhance their conditioning and other programs. Starts with coaching and they have not had a good one for some time.
I obviously haven't analyzed their OL closely, but they were ranked very highly in pass block win rate early on this year and still finished 9th. And their run block win rate was 4th.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 01-10-2023
Broncos have already discussed terms of the trade for Sean Payton which everyone has said will cost a 1st rd pick.

So if they hire him they won’t even pick until the 3rd rd :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:21 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Broncos have already discussed terms of the trade for Sean Payton which everyone has said will cost a 1st rd pick.

The General drafted Dulcich, Quinn Meinerz and Baron Browning in the 3rd round, FYI.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:24 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The General drafted Dulcich, Quinn Meinerz and Baron Browning in the 3rd round, FYI.
:-):-):-):-):-)

:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 10:27 AM 01-10-2023

They probably think it’s worth it for a HC with one SB appearance despite top 5 defenses and a HOF QB in his prime. This time it will be different though.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:27 AM 01-10-2023
Fuck dem picks right? :-)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:27 AM 01-10-2023

A first round pick is the absolute floor...they will probably have to give up next years first and either a second next year or a third this year....so they might not even pick in the third.

:-) fans better pray Dallas wins on Monday Night...if they lose, Jerry is gonna sweep in and steal Payton from them.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:27 AM 01-10-2023
Thankfully Veach is significantly a better drafter than “The General”.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:28 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
A first round pick is the absolute floor...they will probably have to give up next years first and either a second next year or a third this year....so they might not even pick in the third.

:-) fans better pray Dallas wins on Monday Night...if they lose, Jerry is gonna sweep in and steal Payton from them.
That actually makes more sense.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:28 AM 01-10-2023
Considering everything they need to address... I just cannot fathom trading a R1 and other picks for Payton. I think he's a fine coach, but not sure I'm sold on the idea.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:29 AM 01-10-2023

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:29 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:

I said the same thing recently... once Dallas loses to Tampa, McCarthy is out and Jerry sets his sights on the guy he wanted years ago - Sean Payton.
[Reply]
Page 3796 of 4898
« First < 2796329636963746378637923793379437953796 379737983799380038063846389642964796 > Last »
Up