ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 909 of 3903
« First < 409809859899905906907908909 910911912913919959100914091909 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:58 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Do you even READ the links you post? This article says no such thing.

From the very first paragraph:

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.
Yeah got my hopes up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:59 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Sugar Fish restaurant evidently opened for the weekend. That’s the kind of stuff that will keep this going for even longer.
Since we can't hire contractors due to the virus, I had to remove and replace a faucet and drain in one of our bathrooms. We ordered the faucet about 10 days ago on Amazon but it just arrived on Friday and once I opened the box and laid it all out, the only way I could install it was to go to Home Depot in Hollywood, which is #1 on my list of Most Hated Places in Hollywood.

I wore an N95 mask and sterile medical gloves (we had two boxes before the outbreak) and when I arrived, the parking lot was packed on the bottom level and most of the top level. The line trailed around the block.

But instead of normal Social Distancing, these people were mostly all up close, talking in groups, etc. Once I got in line, I had to put my arm up and fully extend it to keep people at arm's length.

If other retailers around town are as lax with the orders, it just makes wonder "Why are we even doing this?".

It was a drag.
[Reply]
TLO 10:01 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Why does it think Missouri will have 3000 deaths?? That's more than most of the other states projections.
Someone smarter than me please explain.
[Reply]
wazu 10:02 PM 03-29-2020
New cases dropped, along with a massive dip in new deaths today. Good news!
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:04 PM 03-29-2020
Except it's false.

Again.

And again.

And again.

IT'S FALSE
There’s a lot of misinformation I’ll give you that, and that link was shit for good information. Throw this into your twitter search function: hydroxychloroquine azithromycin

The last week some positive results have been reported that I believe aren’t false. Take a look and if you need help finding ones you trust I’ll circle back and try to help out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:06 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Yeah got my hopes up.
It's really annoying.

IMO, the Mods Sticky the information.

Not one country has completed their clinical trials as of tonight. The FDA issued an emergency use authorization just today. New York had been authorized but the rest of the country weren't allowed to even try it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:08 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
The last week some positive results have been reported that I believe aren’t false. Take a look and if you need help finding ones you trust I’ll circle back and try to help out.
They're all false or fake.

Again, not even one country has completed their clinical trials and it was just authorized today for use outside of New York, which had already been authorized to try in emergency cases only.

No other doctors outside of New York could even try it before today.
[Reply]
neech 10:13 PM 03-29-2020
Do you even READ the links you post? This article says no such thing.

From the very first paragraph:

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:14 PM 03-29-2020
Other places were trying it because I know of pharmacists that have filled HCQ+Azithromycin scripts.
[Reply]
ARROW2 10:15 PM 03-29-2020
Headlines:

First baby dies after testing positive

Me actually reading article:

Investigation is ongoing as to the the cause of death

WTF?!!!

Sensationalism....
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:24 PM 03-29-2020

Again, not even one country has completed their clinical trials and it was just authorized today for use outside of New York, which had already been authorized to try in emergency cases only.

That last part isn’t true. I know for a fact a hospital here started giving these drugs earlier this week on a trial basis.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:25 PM 03-29-2020

Saying they are all false or fake isn’t as accurate as saying some are incomplete, rushed, or awaiting final results. That’s to be expected given the high stakes atmosphere around Covid-19. The lack of a control group is the largest concern regarding the French study. I look forward to seeing the results of the NY trial, and am hopeful that this is another avenue to help the fight against this pandemic.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/an-upda...nt-11585509827 (paywall - not sure how to get around it, but I was able to and it was a very good and hopeful read)

Conclusion of linked article:

“For my entire career, I have taken a conservative approach to medicine. I don’t want to give false or premature hope. All of this is subject to further refinement as more information arrives. But likewise I can’t ignore the available evidence. This appears to be the best widely available option for treating Covid-19 and not merely easing the suffering from the disease. It would be irresponsible not to pursue this option aggressively.“

Dr. Colyer is a practicing physician. He served as governor of Kansas, 2018-19.

Written and updated today.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:28 PM 03-29-2020
Since we can't hire contractors due to the virus, I had to remove and replace a faucet and drain in one of our bathrooms. We ordered the faucet about 10 days ago on Amazon but it just arrived on Friday and once I opened the box and laid it all out, the only way I could install it was to go to Home Depot in Hollywood, which is #1 on my list of Most Hated Places in Hollywood.

I wore an N95 mask and sterile medical gloves (we had two boxes before the outbreak) and when I arrived, the parking lot was packed on the bottom level and most of the top level. The line trailed around the block.

But instead of normal Social Distancing, these people were mostly all up close, talking in groups, etc. Once I got in line, I had to put my arm up and fully extend it to keep people at arm's length.

If other retailers around town are as lax with the orders, it just makes wonder "Why are we even doing this?".

It was a drag.
I don’t get it either.

Stay home. Kind of staying home helps, but I’m not sure why everyone out here believes it’s okay to do the exact opposite of what they’re telling us to do.
[Reply]
eDave 10:33 PM 03-29-2020
Safeway has cat litter.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 PM 03-29-2020
So I had to venture out of the house tonight, first time I’ve left since Thursday. Guy got my info from someone and got in touch with me. Severe toothache only gets better when he has ice water in his mouth.

After doing yard work and cutting limbs all day I thought “yay now I get to go do a root canal or pull this guys tooth” . But in that moment I caught myself and said “self, this dude is in a world of pain and you can help him, get over your shit and get off your ass”

So met him at the office, took and X-ray, numbed him up and took the tooth out. He has insurance so I just took his card and told him not to worry about the co pay or paying anything, if insurance pays on it great. If not, eh, it cost me about 2 dollars to go do it so no big deal. Guy broke down into tears after because he had been in pain over the weekend and was so relieved to have it over with.

Anyway We talk for a minute or two from about 10 feet apart and go on our separate way.

Point of the story, driving their Springfield to my office, it was surreal. Ghost town and nothing is open and highways are dead. Weird feeling
[Reply]
Page 909 of 3903
« First < 409809859899905906907908909 910911912913919959100914091909 > Last »
Up