ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1109 of 3903
« First < 10960910091059109911051106110711081109 111011111112111311191159120916092109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:43 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by :
"The next two weeks are extraordinarily important," said Birx. "This is the moment to not be going to the grocery store, not going to the pharmacy, but doing everything you can to keep your family and your friends safe and that means everybody doing the six-feet distancing, washing their hands."
Yeah, well, people need to get food and medicines and such. This is the kind of shit that's going to start setting people off.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:45 PM 04-04-2020
Meanwhile in NYC...:-)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:52 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Meanwhile in NYC...:-)

whats your deal with NY? Largest city in America. Crammed in tight. Most international travel enters the USA through there. It’s going to be a miracle if they are not a hotspot on any pandemic.

Getting tired of you harping on NY like this whole thing is their fault.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:53 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
whats your deal with NY? Largest city in America. Most international travel enters the USA through there. It’s going to be a miracle if they are not hotspot on any pandemic.
Did you really just ask that question?
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So if I went to donate blood, I'd know if I had the coronavirus?
No

I mean if they had the test you could. I just donated Wednesday and there was no mention of it
[Reply]
AustinChief 09:15 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

So thats good.
If that's accurate that's huge. It confirms what many have been saying about the spread being MUCH more than most estimates. We need to get off our ass and do mass serology tests here. If a metro area hits 50% immunity it would be time to start easing restrictions in that area. And yes I know that herd immunity requires a much higher percentage but if you phase things out correctly you can achieve that goal without stressing healthcare too much.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:22 PM 04-04-2020
Not looking good for our resident eeyores. Keep the focus on sports, not politics. Thanks in advance.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/...RbhWUNg_Sa_m2E
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:23 PM 04-04-2020
Shit man that sucks.:-)
Yeah it does. It didn't happen in USA either. This truly is a global war. This CoronaVirus is no joke either.

Originally Posted by petegz28:
Did you really just ask that question?
It's the way you are coming across in your posts. You are acting like NYC wants this to happen or that they are not social distancing like everybody else.

It's not NYCs fault how bad they are getting hit by this. It's not like they are spreading it on purpose. It's just a city that has the worst possible characteristics for a virus that spreads the way the China Virus does. Overpopulated, party city, subways, lots of tourists, etc.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:26 PM 04-04-2020
This is how the richest people in the world should be spending their money these days.

This is so cool. Like literally trying to be the guy that "saves the world."
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:28 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Bill Gates is the man. Unlike a lot of the super rich he truly does care about helping people.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
If that's accurate that's huge. It confirms what many have been saying about the spread being MUCH more than most estimates. We need to get off our ass and do mass serology tests here. If a metro area hits 50% immunity it would be time to start easing restrictions in that area. And yes I know that herd immunity requires a much higher percentage but if you phase things out correctly you can achieve that goal without stressing healthcare too much.

Based on my understanding that’s a pretty small town so I’m not sure what the numbers are. But yeah we need to start doing some of that here ASAP

I also think they need to start some random testing of just the virus tests
[Reply]
Monticore 09:29 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:

They still need to figure out how long you are immune for and if you are immune to all strains but it is a positive
[Reply]
synthesis2 09:30 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
The company I work for should have one ready to go by December -February and our President feels very confident it’s going to work. Should have 20 plus million ready to go by the times it’s approved . Cautiously very optimistic
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They still need to figure out how long you are immune for and if you are immune to all strains but it is a positive
All the other corona viruses leave a pretty long lasting immunity I don’t see why this one would be different
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
The company I work for should have one ready to go by December -February and our President feels very confident it’s going to work. Should have 20 plus million ready to go by the times it’s approved . Cautiously very optimistic
Have you guys got into testing humans yet?
[Reply]
Page 1109 of 3903
« First < 10960910091059109911051106110711081109 111011111112111311191159120916092109 > Last »
Up