ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 57
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 06-08-2021
It's like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of weed...

[Reply]
lewdog 01:17 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of weed...

Hey, we’re new at this asshole!!!

Show me your plant!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Show me your plant!
Fuck, I'm too lazy and burnt out to grow it. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:01 PM 06-08-2021
I ****ing hate yard work. Thank God for weed.
Other than people who hate their wives, who likes it? The dude across the street from me mows his lawn 5 times a week.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Other than people who hate their wives, who likes it? The dude across the street from me mows his lawn 5 times a week.
I know a lot of people that like to work outdoors. I'm not one of them, however.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 PM 06-08-2021
I know a lot of people that like to work outdoors. I'm not one of them, however.
If I had a riding lawn mower and alot of high powered landscaping & tree trimming machinery, it may be a little more fun.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 06-08-2021
If I had a riding lawn mower and alot of high powered landscaping & tree trimming machinery, it may be a little more fun.
I have a riding lawnmower. It's boring and repetitive.

Noise canceling headphones work wonders though.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:30 PM 06-08-2021
I love my job, but I'm not making the world a better or more beautiful place by what I do. Yard Work/Gardening gives me a sense of accomplishment and is an enjoyable, visible payback. It's a great stress release for me.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:49 PM 06-08-2021
I can’t recall the strain my wife is growing. First time growing so it’s a learning process. I think the yellowing was from too much sun when it hit 110 here the other day.
Ah, could be heat stress. I do see a couple leaves canoeing. But with Arizona heat I would expect that. Not letting it dry out helps a lot.

Only reason I thought it might be wanting to be fed more is the yellowing looks to be top to bottom, like the soil may not have enough nutrients left in it. One leaf toward the bottom looks to be showing a phosphorus deficiency IMO. I first thought it was finishing up but,... looking at the picture closer I see white pistils all over which tells me it does have a way to go and should not be yellowing top to bottom like she is finishing. When the caylx matures the pistil will recede somwhat back into the caylx and turn orange.

But I'm a everyday asshole, so take it with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:59 PM 06-08-2021

Show me your plant!
oh, i wanna play

this was from a long time ago when I was a outlaw.

bottom nug shot of Qush.
Attached: Qush2.jpg (89.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Stryker 08:23 PM 06-08-2021
If we are being serious here... I have managed to kill all bugs in my yard as well as fertilize and kill all dandelions, dollar weed and clover. Next treatment is Labor Day. Satisfied with my new methods! :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:28 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
oh, i wanna play

this was from a long time ago when I was a outlaw.

bottom nug shot of Qush.
Well that looks neat. Dang.

You can have 6 plants per adult here.

This is our first attempt. We plan to buy more seeds and it's actually easier to grow them here in winter. We were trying to get this one done before summer but we got a slow start.
[Reply]
eDave 08:32 PM 06-08-2021
There's a lot to learn about growing weed. For a weed, it's hard.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:58 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
If we are being serious here... I have managed to kill all bugs in my yard as well as fertilize and kill all dandelions, dollar weed and clover. Next treatment is Labor Day. Satisfied with my new methods! :-)
Please share your methods.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:03 AM 06-19-2021
I fertilize and maintain my lawn believing a full, healthy lawn is the best weed control, but I'm starting to see a few pop up this year. Mostly clover and broadleaf.

What are y'all using for weed control?

Spray and pray with hose attachment or concentrated mixes?
[Reply]
Page 40 of 57
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up