ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 57
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:16 AM 06-06-2021
Tomatoes- Tons of volunteer cherry tomato plants all around the yard too. I just let them grow wild

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:32 AM 06-06-2021
I'm on a city lot so my backyard is the size of a postage stamp, so mostly potted stuff for right now.

New for this year are boxwoods in vertical planters. Going to shape them into spheres once they grow out. Mostly to try and hide my utilities.

Arbs from last year that that appear to be doing well. Not sure what the potted plant is but they love the direct sun and flower all summer.

Also grabbed a couple ferns that I'm not sure what to do with yet.

My homie Spruce Chen

Have some available space near my garage. I beta tested some Miss Kim lilacs back there last fall which performed well with fragrant blooms last month. So I plan to fill out that spot with more lilacs this fall. Thinking some native grass or ground cover around them to saturate the space.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:35 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

I ain't leaving you hanging KC!

What's the foliage hanging over the trees in this photo? Almost looks like peach tree leaves.

Looks good man. Vertical planters can definitely be your friend. They look classy and can be moved to different spots in the yard or patio.

Lilacs are a great choice. Super resilient and always look great in the summer.

I assume you'd like to keep the grass pad as is with no intention of putting a tree in the middle of it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:40 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I ain't leaving you hanging KC!

What's the foliage hanging over the trees in this photo? Almost looks like peach tree leaves.

Looks good man. Vertical planters can definitely be your friend. They look classy and can be moved to different spots in the yard or patio.

Lilacs are a great choice. Super resilient and always look great in the summer.

I assume you'd like to keep the grass pad as is with no intention of putting a tree in the middle of it.
Not sure what those trees are, but they're definitely developing some type of fruit. They're my neighbors and she no speaky the english. I love them though and plan to ask her daughter what they are next time she's over. I'll post pictures once Imgur unfucks itself this morning.

Definitely plan to keep the grass pad as is. Its the perfect size to easily maintain. I did get a notice from the city that the shitting looking green space in front of my house between the sidewalk and the city is eligible for a tree. So they're going to come plant something, probably an oak or maple some time this summer. I'm happy about that for the shade potential and I don't feel like upkeeping the grass there because a) I don't own it and b) shitty dog owners that don't pick up their dog's shit would ruin it anyway.

EDIT: Google indicates its a dwarf mango tree
[Reply]
lewdog 06:37 AM 06-08-2021
Not sure what those trees are, but they're definitely developing some type of fruit. They're my neighbors and she no speaky the english. I love them though and plan to ask her daughter what they are next time she's over. I'll post pictures once Imgur unfucks itself this morning.

Definitely plan to keep the grass pad as is. Its the perfect size to easily maintain. I did get a notice from the city that the shitting looking green space in front of my house between the sidewalk and the city is eligible for a tree. So they're going to come plant something, probably an oak or maple some time this summer. I'm happy about that for the shade potential and I don't feel like upkeeping the grass there because a) I don't own it and b) shitty dog owners that don't pick up their dog's shit would ruin it anyway.

EDIT: Google indicates its a dwarf mango tree
Mangos can’t tolerate freezing so unless it’s moved every winter, it’s probably a stone fruit like peach, plum or nectarine.

But let me know!
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:20 AM 06-08-2021
Mangos can’t tolerate freezing so unless it’s moved every winter, it’s probably a stone fruit like peach, plum or nectarine.

But let me know!
They're definitely in ground trees but I don't recall them producing any fruit last year. They sure do look like mini mangos, but maybe a nectarine??

[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:15 AM 06-08-2021
Looking great Lew!!!!!
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:21 AM 06-08-2021
Tomatoes- Tons of volunteer cherry tomato plants all around the yard too. I just let them grow wild

Hemp?

Still looks like it is throwing out pistils. Looks like she may want more food.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:33 AM 06-08-2021
I love to garden. I'm not into growing veggies or herbs, but I love maintaining plants and flowers in pots and my beds. I'd manicure it all day everyday if I had the time. It's extremely satisfyingly to me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:38 AM 06-08-2021
I fucking hate yard work. Thank God for weed.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:38 AM 06-08-2021
Anybody know a good sod company/person who is reasonable priced? Just need a front yard sodded at a rental.
[Reply]
Pennywise 11:40 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I ****ing hate yard work. Thank God for weed.
Thread over.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:08 PM 06-08-2021
They're definitely in ground trees but I don't recall them producing any fruit last year. They sure do look like mini mangos, but maybe a nectarine??

Can’t be mangos, I promise. I have to protect my mangos when it hits 35 degrees here.

Nectarine is my guess. Super healthy trees they have! Love that look.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:09 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Hemp?

Still looks like it is throwing out pistils. Looks like she may want more food.
I can’t recall the strain my wife is growing. First time growing so it’s a learning process. I think the yellowing was from too much sun when it hit 110 here the other day.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:21 PM 06-08-2021
I can’t recall the strain my wife is growing. First time growing so it’s a learning process. I think the yellowing was from too much sun when it hit 110 here the other day.

[Reply]
Page 39 of 57
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up