ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 57
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
lewdog 02:22 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
Tried a magic eraser? We use it in stains on our above ground vinyl liner and does wonders. Not sure on a set in stain like that.
Have not. I may give it a shot.

Originally Posted by eDave:
I'd probably just resurface each step. Pebbletech or something offsetting. Can't believe you don't have a hoop?
Yeah at some point the whole pool needs resurfaced. Honestly, not a fan of pebbletech. It just feels too rough and tough on feet. A lot of the colors makes pools look dark too. I like the smooth surface of plaster and it's bright blue/green water look. I am probably in the minority on not liking pebbletech, I know.

I think I'll get a hoop for next summer. By then he'll be 3 and possibly interested.
[Reply]
eDave 03:02 PM 10-04-2020
Yea. I was referencing more of an aesthetic thing. Pebbletech is the devil, considering the whole sweeping thing I mentioned earlier. And you gotta have a nicer octopus. More expensive all around. My next pool will have an aeration outlet at the steps. Why wouldn't you (considering you could control it independently). And a mister system all up underneath the pool edge. And kick ass lighting to light that fog up.

Anyway, nice jungle.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:13 PM 10-04-2020
Dropped in a couple boxwoods and some miss kim lilacs couple weekends ago
[Reply]
lewdog 03:22 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ah hellz yeah!

Get enough privacy to frequent your backyard naked. #Goals
[Reply]
The Mayor 05:00 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You have a suggestion for me?
It looked like iron to me. You could do an ascorbic acid treatment. To test it out, get some vitamin c tablets and put them over the stain. It will likely lighten it slightly in that small spot. If it does, it's an iron stain. The AA treatment is pretty easy, but requires your attention for several days (have to lower chlorine and ph).
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:15 PM 10-04-2020
try bamboo get 30' in 2 seasons

QUOTE=lewdog;15216062]Ah hellz yeah!

Get enough privacy to frequent your backyard naked. #Goals[/QUOTE]
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:22 PM 10-04-2020
I would talK to pool supply co about muriatic acid.

Someone once suggested bleach and I was all like "bitch, do you even know hat chlorine is?" I'd probably just resurface each step. Pebbletech or something offsetting. Can't believe you don't have a hoop. Looks refreshing!

[Reply]
scho63 07:45 PM 10-04-2020
Lewdog-do you plant colorful perennials that are normally cooler weather and just water the hell out of them and keep them in shade?

You have flower or raised garden boxes?

I miss the colorful stuff I grew back east
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:35 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My box woods ate shit a couple years ago in a late freeze. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:29 PM 10-04-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Lewdog-do you plant colorful perennials that are normally cooler weather and just water the hell out of them and keep them in shade?

You have flower or raised garden boxes?

I miss the colorful stuff I grew back east
Nothing lasts in the summer here outside of Vincas, which I love and they LOVE the heat. Other than that, what you liked blooming back East could probably be grown here in late fall and through winter. Think opposite of normal gardening instincts here! Poppies do well here in winter and add nice color. Late fall sprinkle wildflower seeds and starting in February you'll see a huge mixture grow and look nice into May.

Read this. It's all about planting time here as we absolutely get enough sun and there's not enough frost to worry about.

https://cals.arizona.edu/extension/o...erplanting.pdf

I have a raised bed for vegetables. Basically plant what you want each year as trying to shade cloth and protect in summer is basically pointless outside of keeping pepper plants from year to year. Winter veggies are very easy here and are planted Aug-September (could still plant now as it's still so hot!). These include carrots, brocoli, beets, lettuce, radishes (super easy), onions.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 08:07 PM 10-06-2020
I meant to post this earlier in the week. One of my tunnels early spring.
Attached: 741773CC-5641-4383-A9E3-AFF673846062.jpg (120.7 KB) 
[Reply]
eDave 08:09 PM 10-06-2020
MOhillbilly is a one-upper.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10-06-2020, 08:17 PM
This message has been deleted by MOhillbilly.
htismaqe 08:21 PM 10-06-2020
I've had a guy out the last few days rebuilding my koi pond that was damaged in the derecho. I'll never be able to replace my fish but damn, the guy is doing great work. I'm excited to see it with water in it.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 08:38 PM 10-06-2020
MOhillbilly is a one-upper.
I have 5500 brassicas in for the fall garden. I’ll post pics if I get around to it.

Tried to post pictures of the summer crops but the upload failed.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
I meant to post this earlier in the week. One of my tunnels early spring.
That. Is. Awesome.

Please share more.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 57
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up