ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 57
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:37 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Bee safe?
I didn’t see bees on the label. I just sprayed the seating areas in the yard, so I hope it is.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 08:11 PM 06-14-2018
Bifenthrin is very toxic to bees and wasps. Make sure when spraying to keep it away from any plants that are being pollinated by bees and be aware of drift.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:38 AM 10-06-2018
October Limes and a few Meyer Lemons.

Morning Glory tree I grew from a seed at the start of this year. Training to grow into a tree. These suckers grow fast!!!

[Reply]
lewdog 07:43 PM 04-23-2019
Bump this shit!

Added a loquat tree in a grow bag and a banana tree in the ground in my small side yard. Blueberry bush is thriving. Lime, lemon and orange tree always fine. Grape tree adding grape buds currently. Added a barbados cherry tree which loves heat this year near pool. Rose season is over but I had some nice ones.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:46 PM 04-23-2019

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:51 PM 04-23-2019
I'm so jealous living in the panhandle of Texas
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:14 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Bump this shit!

Very nice...
[Reply]
KS Smitty 08:16 PM 04-23-2019
How do you keep the roses alive through the summer?
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:32 PM 04-23-2019
Time is my issue here.

I till gardens as one of my side hustles. I've fought tractor problems for a couple,of years and it's getting old. The past two weeks I have gone to do 6 jobs(3 tonight) where someone who has called me recently, had someone else show up and till for Them. It's their choice but if you call me Saturday and I road a tractor 5 miles to till for you and only find out when I get there that it's done.....it's infuriating. If you have someone else do your work....give me a ducking courtsy call. Pretty basic mad code.

Also....my circle are having an "outlaw giant pumpkin" contest. No rules, just make the biggest pumpkin. I'm open to super duper cheat codes. Help me beat my brothers and asshole friends.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:35 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Time is my issue here.

I till gardens as one of my side hustles. I've fought tractor problems for a couple,of years and it's getting old. The past two weeks I have gone to do 6 jobs(3 tonight) where someone who has called me recently, had someone else show up and till for Them. It's their choice but if you call me Saturday and I road a tractor 5 miles to till for you and only find out when I get there that it's done.....it's infuriating. If you have someone else do your work....give me a ducking courtsy call. Pretty basic mad code.

Also....my circle are having an "outlaw giant pumpkin" contest. No rules, just make the biggest pumpkin. I'm open to super duper cheat codes. Help me beat my brothers and asshole friends.
You should go back in about 3 months and till those same garden.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:39 PM 04-23-2019
Time is my issue here.

I don't know that it's a cheat but only allow 3 blossoms to set fruit and then cull that down to the largest one so all the energy in the vines go to that single punkin. Good luck.

Also Dill's Atlantic are the seeds you want to plant.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:45 PM 04-23-2019
Time is my issue here.

N, P, K water sunlight. Fertilize frequently so it never has to suffer.

What are your tractor problems?
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

The biggest problem is I bought a piece of shit that had supposedly been restored but sat a long time. Something new all the time. The good news is my dad knows a lot about old shitty tractors and it makes him feel good when I call him to come help me figure out what to do. Maybe it's the best tractor ever.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Genetics probably being the most important thing here but I would add beneficial bacteria and fungi as well. Maybe even bring in springtails if he doesn't already have them. Start by making the soil the best you can so uptake of nutrients can be effective as possible. Beneficials might even help to not get so hot on the nutrients.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:24 PM 04-23-2019
Here are a couple of links that expound on what has been said regarding giant pumpkins.

http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/giantpumpkins.htm

http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/giantpumpkins.htm
[Reply]
Page 27 of 57
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up