ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
TomBarndtsTwin 11:14 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
The 27 is definitely interesting. It's a lot for sure. I think there are a lot of factors. Before this year, since 2009, Brady ranked an average of 9.8 in the league in getting DPI calls and was never #1. This year, having to throw deep the most (83), and the team struggling, Brady definitely just put a lot of balls up and benefitted from calls. Evans especially benefitted, he was the recipient of majority.

Before the SB, I heard they led the league but not one complaint on this site, GB site, or any other about this fact. Now a few questionable calls and everything is fixed? The only other PI call I remember anyone complaining about was the one at the end of the NFC Championship game verse the Packers. The guy had his jersey that stretched out 2 feet, it was the right call.

Bottom line, with or without calls, Brady and the Bucs were winning that game and winning handily.
I see we have a Bucs fan here.

It WAS actually discussed on this site, prior to the Super Bowl, just not in this thread. There were even a couple questionable calls in the Nov. game in Tampa that raised our eyebrows when the Chiefs got up big and the Bucs spent the final 3 quarters creeping back into the game.

It wasn't 'fixed', but it certainly was 'biased' officiating. Even 2 former NFL head of officials thought so. MULTIPLE new agencies (national) wrote stories on it the day after the game.

Did it affect the outcome? Yes. Did it lose the Chiefs the game? No. Our patchwork O-Line and Andy's questionable scheme and in-game coaching decisions did that. But make no mistake, it would have been much closer, especially at halftime, if some of the egregious calls that went against KC weren't called. You know, the ones that HADN'T been called the entire time in the playoffs, but suddenly, magically, were officiated differently for the Super Bowl and benefitted the Bucs and Brady, playing in his new home stadium.

But I'm sure you're right . . . . . . . . nothing to see here.
[Reply]
GoForIt 11:18 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

It WAS actually discussed on this site, prior to the Super Bowl, just not in this thread. There were even a couple questionable calls in the Nov. game in Tampa that raised our eyebrows when the Chiefs got up big and the Bucs spent the final 3 quarters creeping back into the game.

It wasn't 'fixed', but it certainly was 'biased' officiating. Even 2 former NFL head of officials thought so. MULTIPLE new agencies (national) wrote stories on it the day after the game.

Did it affect the outcome? Yes. Did it lose the Chiefs the game? No. Our patchwork O-Line and Andy's questionable scheme and in-game coaching decisions did that. But make no mistake, it would have been much closer, especially at halftime, if some of the egregious calls that went against KC weren't called. You know, the ones that HADN'T been called the entire time in the playoffs, but suddenly, magically, were officiated differently for the Super Bowl and benefitted the Bucs and Brady, playing in his new home stadium.

But I'm sure you're right . . . . . . . . nothing to see here.
Didn't the Chiefs defense lead the league in penalties?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:38 AM 02-23-2021
No, it's not true.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:41 AM 02-23-2021
4th in total penalties, 6th in penalty yards. But not really sure what that has to do with anything?

There were some extremely egregious calls against KC in the 2nd quarter. Everyone saw it. And the Super Bowl was officiated differently than all the other playoff games this year. Why do you think that is?

Again, not saying that lost KC the game, but it certainly affected the outcome. The funny thing is they (officials) didn’t even really need to do it. Tampa Bay probably wins the game, possibly comfortably, if it’s officiated evenly. And there’s no discussion about it. Nor National stories. Or former NFL officials commenting on how bad it was.

But, again, I get it. You’re a Bucs (Pats) fan so nothing to see here . . . . .
[Reply]
GoForIt 11:47 AM 02-23-2021
4th in total penalties, 6th in penalty yards. But not really sure what that has to do with anything?

There were some extremely egregious calls against KC in the 2nd quarter. Everyone saw it. And the Super Bowl was officiated differently than all the other playoff games this year. Why do you think that is?

Again, not saying that lost KC the game, but it certainly affected the outcome. The funny thing is they (officials) didn’t even really need to do it. Tampa Bay probably wins the game, possibly comfortably, if it’s officiated evenly. And there’s no discussion about it. Nor National stories. Or former NFL officials commenting on how bad it was.

But, again, I get it. You’re a Bucs (Pats) fan so nothing to see here . . . . .
SBs are generally called tight because of the magnitude of the game. The Chiefs DBs have been grabbing all year. Typically how a team has performed all year comes back to bite them in the biggest game.

I agree about the the calls not really affecting the outcome. Mattieu losing his mind had more effect and Breeland being beaten like a drum all game.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:27 AM 02-23-2021
Patriots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Patriots.
Brady.

These people are "those" kind of fans, more at home with an issue or People or Us Weekly than Beckett's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 02-23-2021
Look, another mult troll ball washer.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:39 AM 02-23-2021
Bucs vs Vikes https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...-interference/
[Reply]
Sorce 11:43 AM 02-23-2021
Tom Brady is not MJ, Tom Brady is Bill Goldberg, his greatness is manufactured.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:57 AM 02-23-2021
That could be the most made up, irrelevant post about what actually happened in the SB... far worse than the made up DPIs and defensive holdings. It's like a Bills fans' attempt to troll, but didn't actually watch the game.

A solid 4 clowns, all with severe TBI.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:19 PM 02-23-2021
Since the Chiefs became the best team in the NFL, I've really come to enjoy the ignore function on this site. Any time a fan of a cheating team shows up, I immediately put them on ignore and go about my day.
[Reply]
GoForIt 12:32 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Since the Chiefs became the best team in the NFL, I've really come to enjoy the ignore function on this site. Any time a fan of a cheating team shows up, I immediately put them on ignore and go about my day.
The Bucs are the best team in football. World champs with the most complete team, GOAT QB and the weaker conference. They are more likely to repeat in 2021 than the Chiefs were this year.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:38 PM 02-23-2021
https://www.sportscasting.com/tom-br...mediately/?amp
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:46 PM 02-23-2021
It's AMAZING! And it only took Tom Brady going to TB to make it happen!

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs...ki-data-crunch

Want to see more??

https://www.nflpenalties.com/index.p...019&view=total

In 2019, the Tampa Bay Bucs were the MOST (as in #1) penalized team in the league. They committed 133 penalties for 1111 yards! And then Tom Brady signs with the Bucs. This year, only 84 penalties for 715 yards (good for 20th in the league in penalties).

Look at all that discipline on defense that Tom Brady brought to the Bucs JUST by signing him. Truly IMPRESSIVE!
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up