ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 95
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:53 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How does that change his beliefs and what Lil Wayne thinks?

This is a huge fucking reach to suggest tit changes anything. I also just posted another rappers take on the subject. Lil Wayne is far from the only one, but nice try.

And again, stop dodging stats/facts and focusing on the anecdotes. You continue to stay away from them.
My god. It changes nothing.

My point is you’re bringing up what one person thinks because of the actions of a single white cop acting heroically. And you’re extrapolating out from that to support your argument.

And I’m telling you that single white cop also was fired for blatant racism and brutality.

So, the guy who was tased aggressively probably has a different take from Lil Wayne, but he’s not a rapper so you’ve chosen not to cite him in this thread as being equivalent.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Every race is different. But don't try and tell me that you start with the point that you tell people that their race is pre-disposed to be violent murders (which is what you did with that blacks kill whites post) then turn around and say that those same people who you just basically called genetically violent are gonna tell you their inner thoughts on racism and say that "ya we are violent and racism doesn't exist". That's garbage and you know it. Thats being disingenuous at best and a outright lie at worst.
Get a fucking clue:

https://streamable.com/vfn19d

And I never said anybody would say racism doesn’t exist. You really need to learn how to fucking read.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
My god. It changes nothing.

My point is you’re bringing up what one person thinks because of the actions of a single white cop acting heroically. And you’re extrapolating out from that to support your argument.

And I’m telling you that single white cop also was fired for blatant racism and brutality.

So, the guy who was tased aggressively probably has a different take from Lil Wayne, but he’s not a rapper so you’ve chosen not to cite him in this thread as being equivalent.
My point was that not all black people think the same. I’ve already proven that with two examples of famous rappers off the top of my head. I just remembered another. Rapper Trina was recently under fire because of her comments on the subject. That’s the thing a lot of them disagree, but are scared to go against the mainstream narratives in fear of backlash because “cancel culture”. We all know Kanye’s take on all of this as well.

You realize there are numerous famous blacks on YT and social media that say these same things, right? All it takes is a look around the internet to see that not all black people have the same opinions about race and police brutality, but here you are arguing that it’s not the case. I can continue to find more or you can stop being ignorant in assuming that all black people think exactly alike.

Also, whenever you’re ready we can talk about facts/stats because at the end of the day even if all black people felt/thought the same, it doesn’t make it a fact.
[Reply]
Spott 06-07-2020, 03:04 PM
This message has been deleted by Spott.
TwistedChief 03:06 PM 06-07-2020
My point was that not all black people think the same. I’ve already proven that with two examples of famous rappers off the top of my head. I can continue to find more or you can stop being ignorant in assuming that all black people think the same. I just remembered another. Rapper Trina was recently under fire because of her comments on the subject. That’s the thing a lot of the disagree, but are scared to go against the mainstream narratives.

You realize there are numerous famous blacks on YT and social media that say these same things, right? All it takes is a look around the internet to see that not all black people have the same opinions about race and police brutality, but here you are arguing that it’s not the case.

Also, whenever you’re ready we can talk about facts/stats because at the end of the day even if all black people felt/thought the same, it doesn’t make it a fact.
God, you're so fucking dense. No one is claiming that every black person feels the same about racism. Of course there will be some black people who have felt like they've never experienced it just as there will be those who feel oppressed by it on a daily basis. People live varied lives and absorb things differently.

But if some haven't experienced it and some have, guess what....racism is still a problem. It doesn't need to apply to every last black person in this country to be something that needs to be addressed.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:08 PM 06-07-2020
Also, I can tell a lot of you don’t actually know any black people because there are a lot who will tell you they don’t think racism is a big deal and they didn’t experience it much in their lives. In fact, some find the idea that white people can speak for all of them by saying otherwise offensive.

Stop looking at all of this in such black and white terms. It’s more gray than you think. You can believe black lives matter and still understand this.
Get a ****ing clue:

And I never said anybody would say racism doesn’t exist. You really need to learn how to ****ing read.
Doesn't exist is the same as saying it isn't a big deal nimrod. You need to learn how to write better. My point is that no one ever told you that and that you're full of shit. No black person is gonna confide in you anything after your stupid comments about them being killers. You say your Cuban if I was to start off a conversation saying good things about Castro and bad things about Cubans would EVER tell me your inner thoughts about anything? No. No you wouldn't. You can think whatever you wanna think about race and police and whatever else but don't try bullshit everyone into thinking that you've talked to any black people and they agree with your garbage. No one is buying your nonsense.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:08 PM 06-07-2020
God, you're so fucking dense. No one is claiming that every black person feels the same about racism. Of course there will be some black people who have felt like they've never experienced it just as there will be those who feel oppressed by it on a daily basis. People live varied lives and absorb things differently.

But if some haven't experienced it and some have, guess what....racism is still a problem. It doesn't need to apply to every last black person in this country to be something that needs to be addressed.
I’m dense when you’re the one that has been arguing against my point only to turn around and pretend like you agreed all along. The irony.

Let’s just move on from the anecdotal stuff and talk about the facts/stats that you continue to avoid. How about that?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:10 PM 06-07-2020
Doesn't exist is the same as saying it isn't a big deal nimrod. You need to learn how to write better. My point is that no one ever told you that and that you're full of shit. No black person is gonna confide in you anything after your stupid comments about them being killers. You say your Cuban if I was to start off a conversation saying good things about Castro and bad things about Cubans would EVER tell me your inner thoughts about anything? No. No you wouldn't. You can think whatever you wanna think about race and police and whatever else but don't try bullshit everyone into thinking that you've talked to any black people and they agree with your garbage. No one is buying your nonsense.
JFC you have to be one of the dumbest motherfuckers I’ve ever come across on CP. Where did I call black people killers? I’m taking about stats/facts. I’m not generalizing the entire fucking race moron.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:17 PM 06-07-2020
I’m dense when you’re the one that has been arguing against my point only to turn around and pretend like you agreed all along. The irony.

Let’s just move on from the anecdotal stuff and talk about the facts/stats that you continue to avoid. How about that?
You can cite whatever stats you want about crime, etc. That will do nothing to prove or disprove the fact that there’s an ingrained bias in society that holds blacks back.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:21 PM 06-07-2020
You can cite whatever stats you want about crime, etc. That will do nothing to prove or disprove the fact that there’s an ingrained bias in society that holds blacks back.
:-)

So stats prove nothing, but your anecdotal bs prove this “fact”?

You are really fucking stupid and your white guilt shows big time.

What are blacks being held back from? There are blacks in every profession. We had a black president for 2 terms. You all perpetuating this narrative only makes things worse and slows the progress down. You’re telling blacks that there’s this unseen force holding them back when there’s proof that a black man can be anything he wants to be.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:24 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Here's what you're not understanding-and I'm meaning this in the most neutral, trying to be helpful way I possibly can in this day and age:

White folks don't live in the same America that black folks do. White people don't get choked out on the street for passing a counterfeit $20 bill. White folks don't get shot to death in their own home on mistaken identity like Breonna Taylor did. Or chased down and shot while jogging.

And these aren't a handful of isolated cases. This kind of thing has been going on forever.

If you don't live in a city, in a mixed race neighborhood, you might not have actually seen that with your own eyes, I get it. I grew up in small towns, and my concepts of race were much different. Now I live in East Hyde Park, Mannheim Park actually. Right off 39th Street between Troost and Paseo. I own a three story brick shirtwaist on a big double lot.

Now that I've lived in mid-town Kansas City for 25 years, I see things very differently. I see every day how I'm treated versus how they are, and especially from Police-but not JUST from the Police. At the corner store. From other neighbors who haven't been here as long but the awesome old houses drew them here. I know that my black neighbor next door, when he gets pulled over has a very different set of fears than I do. I'm just going to get a ticket. He might get shot. He's a retired educator, worked for the school system for 30 years and owns his own home. I'm the rock-and-roller with the history of questionable leisure-time activies. I've had the cops called to the house exactly once in 25 years, and they told us to keep it down at 4 am.

It's really not hyperbole; it's very real. And a lot of America that lives in the suburbs or small towns have no idea. To them, black folks in the city are all dope slinging gang bangers or on welfare. That's like saying all small town folks are racist rednecks. To the Police, a lot of them see the black people that way too.

When the athletes kneel or wear shirts or some other visible protest, it's SUPPOSED to make you uncomfortable. It's SUPPOSED to make you think about things. They're using their celebrity to draw attention to something very important. When you ignore that long enough, you're going to get riots. Even then, most of the protesters over the last few weeks have been peaceful, with handfulls of people that are taking advantage by looting and destroying. And in several already documented cases, some of those have been white people that have very different reasons for being there. Some to stoke the racial violence, some just to loot free shit. In my first hand experience, I've seen KCPD react with violence to people just marching and chanting. The news is full of Police overreactions, you don't have to look far.

There's clearly a Police culture that needs to change. A certain amount of brutality has just been accepted for far too long. It's more than just 'a few bad apples'. This isn't about politics. It's way, way more than that.

So when they kneel during the anthem, you can listen, and you can consider why...or you can wait and have race riots. it's an escalation, and it's inevitable.

And if it makes you uncomfortable...well, yeah, that's the point. You can react by saying, "I don't like this." or you can learn WHY they're doing so. Just because you've not had first hand experience doesn't mean it isn't real. We're all Americans, but some of us live in a different America.

I've been staying away from CP during all of this, and I probably will retreat again, but I just wanted to say that I'm so goddamned proud of Patrick and Tyrann. Not just for this public service announcement but just the quality of men they are. Drew Brees isn't being muffled, he's being criticized-and while that criticism is well founded nobody's going to run him out of the league. He reconsidered how his statement was being taken and clarified. He's been a fine man for a long time, and his image will recover.

That's a long post, and many of you won't read it, or flame away and disregard. That's fine. It's MY truth, as a longtime observer 'imbedded' if you will for decades in and around the black community in the city. It would be my hope that you would at least consider what I've had to say.

Great post. I loved living in midtown and have a lot of great memories there. Living downtown now and I am really happy but it does not have as much character.

More to your point it takes a little bit accept that America you have experienced is not the America you have experienced and when other people take time to tell you about their America you should listen to them and believe them.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:25 PM 06-07-2020
:-)

So stats prove nothing, but your anecdotal bs prove this “fact”?

You are really fucking stupid and your white guilt shows big time.

What are blacks being held back from? There’s blacks in every profession. We had a black president for 2 terms. You all perpetuating this narrative only makes things worse. You’re telling blacks that there’s this unseen force holding them back when there’s proof that a black man can be anything he wants to be.
Okay. Want stats? Go study by study and explain to me how these have all gotten it wrong. I’m waiting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...res-the-proof/

Then just for fun let’s go with something a little lighter:

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minoritie...ore-interviews
[Reply]
mkp785 03:30 PM 06-07-2020
JFC you have to be one of the dumbest mother****ers I’ve ever come across on CP. Where did I call black people killers? I’m taking about stats/facts. I’m not generalizing the entire ****ing race moron.
Hey shithead. You're the one putting up stats saying police are more likely to be killed then kill. In a thread that our black QB is saying be aware of police violence. You're saying that black people are murderers and that cops are more in danger of them then the other way around. You literally just posted stuff on the previous page about how much more blacks kill people. YOU just did that. Don't try and fucking lie about it. You're also trying to distract from the point of what Mahomes was saying and not only that, you're trying to say that his point doesn't even hold weight b/c other blacks have told so.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:33 PM 06-07-2020
Okay. Want stats? Go study by study and explain to me how these have all gotten it wrong. I’m waiting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...res-the-proof/

Then just for fun let’s go with something a little lighter:

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minoritie...ore-interviews
I can’t read the Washington post article, but I can tell you right now there are studies that dispute it.

I’m clearly not saying racism doesn’t exist at all. It’s just not systemic or as prevalent as everybody (like you Mr. White Guilt) wants to believe.

There’s nothing a black man can’t be today all the way up to the president of our country. Stop telling them otherwise because you sound like a white supremacist.

Also, this conversation was mostly about police brutality to begin with, but the stats/facts sure made you move the goalposts fast!
[Reply]
staylor26 03:34 PM 06-07-2020
Hey shithead. You're the one putting up stats saying police are more likely to be killed then kill. In a thread that our black QB is saying be aware of police violence. You're saying that black people are murderers and that cops are more in danger of them then the other way around. You literally just posted stuff on the previous page about how much more blacks kill people. YOU just did that. Don't try and fucking lie about it. You're also trying to distract from the point of what Mahomes was saying and not only that, you're trying to say that his point doesn't even hold weight b/c other blacks have told so.
These are facts moron. I’m not saying anything other than the facts. Facts can’t be racist dumbass.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:39 PM 06-07-2020
Staylor needs to stick to sports.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 95
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up