ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 95
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
mkp785 02:16 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You want to talk about being in fear for their lives?

Let’s talk about the fact that blacks kill whites more than the other way around despite being a MUCH smaller portion of the population.

You all don’t want to talk about facts though, you want to talk about anecdotal stories that have went viral and what you think.
Great point. I'm sure all those "black people you know" love discussing that right? You say that, then they respond "that's right Stayor we are violent and you know what? We don't think racism is big issue either" Is that more or less how the conversation goes when you talk to your inner-city black friends? Please the rest of the us know what its like...
[Reply]
staylor26 02:20 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Great point. I'm sure all those "black people you know" love discussing that right? You say that, then they respond "that's right Stayor we are violent and you know what? We don't think racism is big issue either" Is that more or less how the conversation goes when you talk to your inner-city black friends? Please the rest of the us know what its like...
I’ve already said that most of them don’t agree, but you’re too fucking stupid and lack reading comprehension. My point was that they don’t all think the same way and to suggest they do is actually kind of racist. Do you really think all races think the same?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:22 PM 06-07-2020
I mean have any of you ever heard Lil Wayne talk about race or police brutality?

You guys really need to listen to more black people. You sound ignorant believing that they all think the same.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:29 PM 06-07-2020
Did you grow up playing football with all the inner-city blacks? Were you actually friends with any of them?

You have no fucking clue what any of them are like because you don’t even know any of them.
My high school class in West Palm Beach started with 1100 kids. By graduation, it was down to 700 because a large minority didn’t make it. There was a huge divide at my high school in socioeconomic status and race. You keep citing inner-city blacks as if they’re the ultimate arbiter. Your high school was likely a complete melting pot of students where the lines were blurred and differences were more accepted. My high school was different and the experiences my friends had are perhaps even more - not less - relevant to the discussion at hand.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:32 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
My high school class in West Palm Beach started with 1100 kids. By graduation, it was down to 700 because a large minority didn’t make it. There was a huge divide at my high school in socioeconomic status and race. You keep citing inner-city blacks as if they’re the ultimate arbiter. Your high school was likely a complete melting pot of students where the lines were blurred and differences were more accepted. My high school was different and the experiences my friends had are perhaps even more - not less - relevant to the discussion at hand.
Dude, I get. I’m just trying to explain to you that just because you think they all feel a certain way doesn’t mean they all do.

And again, can we just talk about the fact/stats and leave the anecdotal stuff out for a second?

If white people are so evil/racist and blacks are just all victims that live in fear, why don’t the homicide stats reflect it?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:35 PM 06-07-2020
Dude, I get. I’m just trying to explain to you that just because you think they all feel a certain way doesn’t mean they all do.

And again, can we just talk about the fact/stats and leave the anecdotal stuff out for a second?

If white people are so evil/racist and blacks are just all victims that live in fear, why don’t the homicide stats reflect it?
Post the homicide stats you're referring to, dude.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM 06-07-2020
https://streamable.com/vfn19d
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:38 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Here's what you're not understanding-and I'm meaning this in the most neutral, trying to be helpful way I possibly can in this day and age:

White folks don't live in the same America that black folks do. White people don't get choked out on the street for passing a counterfeit $20 bill. White folks don't get shot to death in their own home on mistaken identity like Breonna Taylor did. Or chased down and shot while jogging.

And these aren't a handful of isolated cases. This kind of thing has been going on forever.

If you don't live in a city, in a mixed race neighborhood, you might not have actually seen that with your own eyes, I get it. I grew up in small towns, and my concepts of race were much different. Now I live in East Hyde Park, Mannheim Park actually. Right off 39th Street between Troost and Paseo. I own a three story brick shirtwaist on a big double lot.

Now that I've lived in mid-town Kansas City for 25 years, I see things very differently. I see every day how I'm treated versus how they are, and especially from Police-but not JUST from the Police. At the corner store. From other neighbors who haven't been here as long but the awesome old houses drew them here. I know that my black neighbor next door, when he gets pulled over has a very different set of fears than I do. I'm just going to get a ticket. He might get shot. He's a retired educator, worked for the school system for 30 years and owns his own home. I'm the rock-and-roller with the history of questionable leisure-time activies. I've had the cops called to the house exactly once in 25 years, and they told us to keep it down at 4 am.

It's really not hyperbole; it's very real. And a lot of America that lives in the suburbs or small towns have no idea. To them, black folks in the city are all dope slinging gang bangers or on welfare. That's like saying all small town folks are racist rednecks. To the Police, a lot of them see the black people that way too.

When the athletes kneel or wear shirts or some other visible protest, it's SUPPOSED to make you uncomfortable. It's SUPPOSED to make you think about things. They're using their celebrity to draw attention to something very important. When you ignore that long enough, you're going to get riots. Even then, most of the protesters over the last few weeks have been peaceful, with handfulls of people that are taking advantage by looting and destroying. And in several already documented cases, some of those have been white people that have very different reasons for being there. Some to stoke the racial violence, some just to loot free shit. In my first hand experience, I've seen KCPD react with violence to people just marching and chanting. The news is full of Police overreactions, you don't have to look far.

There's clearly a Police culture that needs to change. A certain amount of brutality has just been accepted for far too long. It's more than just 'a few bad apples'. This isn't about politics. It's way, way more than that.

So when they kneel during the anthem, you can listen, and you can consider why...or you can wait and have race riots. it's an escalation, and it's inevitable.

And if it makes you uncomfortable...well, yeah, that's the point. You can react by saying, "I don't like this." or you can learn WHY they're doing so. Just because you've not had first hand experience doesn't mean it isn't real. We're all Americans, but some of us live in a different America.

I've been staying away from CP during all of this, and I probably will retreat again, but I just wanted to say that I'm so goddamned proud of Patrick and Tyrann. Not just for this public service announcement but just the quality of men they are. Drew Brees isn't being muffled, he's being criticized-and while that criticism is well founded nobody's going to run him out of the league. He reconsidered how his statement was being taken and clarified. He's been a fine man for a long time, and his image will recover.

That's a long post, and many of you won't read it, or flame away and disregard. That's fine. It's MY truth, as a longtime observer 'imbedded' if you will for decades in and around the black community in the city. It would be my hope that you would at least consider what I've had to say.
I've lived in a 80% black neighborhood for the last 7.5 years. They had a race riot in the mid-90's about 1 mile from where I live that was national news. Every white person born after say 1960 chooses to live here. We get along with our neighbors. We go over to their house, they come to ours, we have parties and invite everyone. Just like most neighborhoods in the USA.

But, you get beyond the individual neighbor level. Theres a problem with schools, police and realtors treating people differently. The "black" schools are horrible. Realtors wont list in the area. A similar house 1.5 miles away in a poor white neighborhood lists for $100K more than one in a poor black neighborhood. There is nothing more desirable about the white neighborhood than the color of the majority of the residences skin. We didn't give a shit so we took the extra $100K worth of house.

I've walked around 2000+ miles in the last few years around the neighborhood. Never had an issue. My black neighbors get hassled at least 2-3 times a year. Police stops and ask for an ID. I see cops all the time. Never been stopped. So in the south, at least in my experience, in my city, a white person is viewed by the police differently than a black person.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:38 PM 06-07-2020
https://streamable.com/vfn19d
I'm talking about the data, man. Where is the data you're referring to coming from? I've been researching it and I can't find anything that reflects what you're talking about.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:39 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Post the homicide stats you're referring to, dude.
This is a known fact and it’s the same every year. The fact that so many of you have opinions on this and aren’t aware speaks volumes. I will find it when I get a chance, but you can take it to the bank.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:39 PM 06-07-2020
I mean have any of you ever heard Lil Wayne talk about race or police brutality?

You guys really need to listen to more black people. You sound ignorant believing that they all think the same.
You just cited Lil Wayne. If others don’t know the story, he shot himself when he was younger and a white officer saved him while black officers ignored him. For that reason, Lil Wayne has for years spoken in favor of the police, even proclaiming that he doesn’t know what racism is.

That white officer who saved Lil Wayne. Wanna know what happened to him?

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...58224201a.html

Thank you for again assuming your small sample size of experience is representative.

Lil Wayne... GTFO.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:41 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm talking about the data, man. Where is the data you're referring to coming from? I've been researching it and I can't find anything that reflects what you're talking about.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:42 PM 06-07-2020
This is a known fact and it’s the same every year. The fact that so many of you have opinions on this and aren’t aware speaks volumes. I will find it when I get a chance, but you can take it to the bank.
I'm not arguing with you - but this is literally the response I always get when I ask to see the data. "Everybody knows this data!" and usually on twitter I get an attached picture that was posted by 3 percenters or some other white genocide folks.

I'm genuinely asking to see this data. I've been curious about it for a while.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:43 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You just cited Lil Wayne. If others don’t know the story, he shot himself when he was younger and a white officer saved him while black officers ignored him. For that reason, Lil Wayne has for years spoken in favor of the police, even proclaiming that he doesn’t know what racism is.

That white officer who saved Lil Wayne. Wanna know what happened to him?

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...58224201a.html

Thank you for again assuming your small sample size of experience is representative.

Lil Wayne... GTFO.
How does that change his beliefs?

This is a huge fucking reach. I also just posted another rappers take on the subject. Lil Wayne is far from the only one, but nice try. I’m still right in saying not all black people think the same, and you’re still ignorant for suggesting otherwise.

And again, stop dodging stats/facts and focusing on the anecdotes. You continue to stay away from them like everybody else does with this subject.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:53 PM 06-07-2020
I’ve already said that most of them don’t agree, but you’re too ****ing stupid and lack reading comprehension. My point was that they don’t all think the same way and to suggest they do is actually kind of racist. Do you really think all races think the same?
Every race is different. But don't try and tell me that you start with the point that you tell people that their race is pre-disposed to be violent murders (which is what you did with that blacks kill whites post) then turn around and say that those same people who you just basically called genetically violent are gonna tell you their inner thoughts on racism and say that "ya we are violent and racism doesn't exist". That's garbage and you know it. Thats being disingenuous at best and a outright lie at worst.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 95
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up