ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 95
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:09 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So again with you, baseless speculation.

Who are these other people that would oppose kneeling during the anthem that would refuse to watch the NFL in 2020?

What mob?

Speculation? No, given that this opinion is in this thread I don’t feel the need to find other examples.

I’m guessing it would be the same mob that called Brees racist and/or accused him of not understanding and being part of the problem.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:09 PM 06-06-2020
Why do people care so much about how another fan feels and chooses to do? If one finds something offensive and chooses to spend his money elsewhere, good for him. Thats his choice. Never understood why strangers take it personally and jump into a group think mentality and bash away.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:10 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Ok so the song has been around for over a hundred years
Do you know anything about the origins of the anthem because it sure as hell sounds like you're completely clueless.

but not common at sports events until about 75 years ago. My point remains.
No, your point does not remain
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’m guessing it would be the same mob that called Brees racist and/or accused him of not understanding and being part of the problem.
So, more speculation.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:12 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Why do you feel the need to exaggerate it?

I only use that word to convey I don’t think it’s the automatic response from everyone.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:17 PM 06-06-2020
So, more speculation.

You say that as if hypothesizing or making guesses based on available evidence renders the point moot. Given it did occur it’s reasonable to assume the same people accusing Brees would also be the ones accusing others making similar statements as Brees of the same thing.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 02:19 PM 06-06-2020
Do you know anything about the origins of the anthem because it sure as hell sounds like you're completely clueless.

No, your point does not remain
I said the song has been around for over a hundred years - 1814 to be exact. It was recognized for official use by the Navy in 1889. Is that not over a hundred years? I understand it didn't officially become the national anthem until later but I said the "song" was around for over a hundred years which is correct so you must be misunderstanding me.

And my point does remain - the point being that singing the national anthem at sporting events has been happening for a long time and is important and meaningful to a lot of people who don't want to see it hijacked for another cause no matter how worthy that other cause.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:35 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Some people really do deserve to have Matt Cassel as their QB.
:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 06-06-2020
Ok so the song has been around for over a hundred years but not common at sports events until about 75 years ago. My point remains.
Why did you try to claim that the "ceremony" had been around for over 100 years?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:42 PM 06-06-2020
I said the song has been around for over a hundred years - 1814 to be exact. It was recognized for official use by the Navy in 1889. Is that not over a hundred years? I understand it didn't officially become the national anthem until later but I said the "song" was around for over a hundred years which is correct so you must be misunderstanding me..
It was a fucking British drinking song, Fuckhole

And my point does remain - the point being that singing the national anthem at sporting events has been happening for a long time and is important and meaningful to a lot of people who don't want to see it hijacked for another cause no matter how worthy that other cause.
Your point does not remain. You're talking out of your fucking ass.

Wanna tell us about the second and third verse of the national anthem?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:43 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why did you try to claim that the "ceremony" had been around for over 100 years?
Because like most people complaining about "kneelers", he's fucking stupid
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 02:56 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I was simply mistaken. I admitted it. Now that we are on the same page that singing the anthem at sports has been happening for decades (almost like it's a ceremony, huh?), my point about people being upset about it being hijacked for another cause was what I was expressing. Stop trying to distract from the point by harping over the time which makes no difference to my stance.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 03:06 PM 06-06-2020
It was a ****ing British drinking song, ****hole

Your point does not remain. You're talking out of your ****ing ass.

Wanna tell us about the second and third verse of the national anthem?
I guess that will surprise a lot of us who learned in school that the lyrics were written by Francis Scott Key during the war of 1812 after we fought off the attempted British taking of Baltimore.

Anyway, I didn't come to debate the origin of the damn song. You're just distracting from my point which I'll state again is the fact that the anthem has been a meaningful song for most people for decades now that most people view as being grateful for our freedoms and the people who fight and die for them. Most people will not approve hijacking this for another cause so you are actually hurting your cause by doing it this way. This is a cause that should unite not divide
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:17 PM 06-06-2020
I guess that will surprise a lot of us who learned in school that the lyrics were written by Francis Scott Key during the war of 1812 after we fought off the attempted British taking of Baltimore.
The music was from a British drinking song

Anyway, I didn't come to debate the origin of the damn song. You're just distracting from my point which I'll state again is the fact that the anthem has been a meaningful song for most people for decades now that most people view as being grateful for our freedoms and the people who fight and die for them. Most people will not approve hijacking this for another cause so you are actually hurting your cause by doing it this way. This is a cause that should unite not divide
You've missed the point, entirely, which is no surprise
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 03:24 PM 06-06-2020
The music was from a British drinking song

You've missed the point, entirely, which is no surprise
Why don't you explain your point? I've explained my point. Are you disputing that most Americans view the anthem as a respectful moment celebrating our country, our freedoms and the people who fight for them? Are you disputing that the anthem is very meaningful for many people and most do not want it hijacked for another cause no matter how worthy that other cause?

These were my points. Other than nitpicking dates or the origin of the music, what point are you making and how does it relate to my points?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06-06-2020, 03:41 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants. Reason: Meh
Page 36 of 95
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up