ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 95
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:27 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
No but they won't be missed either

Well I agree. But you probably shouldn’t say that non racists might also stop watching on principle outside of this anonymous format or people will claim you are an enabler or don’t understand the problems and seek to get you fired.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:29 AM 06-06-2020
I guess my point is, Mahomes continues to improve the Chiefs Kingdom
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:30 AM 06-06-2020
Anybody who quits watching the Chiefs because their players kneel were never real fans anyway. No one gives a shit so hit the road.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:41 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I call bullshit on all you fat asses who say you'll do something different on Sunday and no longer watch the NFL.

Most of you lazy jackasses have no other hobbies than sitting on your fat ass, eating carb loaded food and watching TV. That routine is too engrained into your greasy lard ass DNA to change your behavior.
You forgot that most of their hobby's revolve around doing shit for their wives mostly that revolve around picking up gravy and fix the air conditioner
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:45 AM 06-06-2020
Patrick Mahomes is your goddamn QB and you're going to stop watching because wavy sky cloth and song about wavy sky cloth?

Enjoy your miserable life, I guess.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Patrick Mahomes is your goddamn QB and you're going to stop watching because wavy sky cloth and song about wavy sky cloth?

Some people really do deserve to have Matt Cassel as their QB.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:08 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Some people really do deserve to have Matt Cassel as their QB.
They'd rather the watch the Chiefs lose but be respectful to the sky cloth for 60 seconds than watch them win and see an occasional player kneel
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:09 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

No shit it makes no sense but there is alot of dumb people on CP.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 12:13 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
During the anthem? I’ll stop being a fan.

I know this isn’t popular right now.... but I am stupefied at the idea I can be against police brutality, but somehow I have to accept kneeling during the anthem.

Two ideas that are only connected by either ignorance or agenda.

I hate Brees comments were muffled, they were his free speech. I hate I can barely say my free speech. Even here. With relative ambiguity.

I didn’t hate Kap’s free speech, I just disagree with how he delivered it. But it was his, and I respected his conviction, even if the pig socks were distasteful.

I don’t mind disagreeing with someone. But I disagree with being bullied to make politically correct comments to “feel safe”.
This is exactly right. Protesting racism and police brutality is a great cause, but it is completely unnecessary to hijack a ceremony that has been around for over a hundred years that commemorates people fighting and dying for our freedom. If Kap had started a march or other protest not during the national anthem, then I would have supported it. No matter how worthy the cause, it's not necessary to hijack a ceremony that is meaningful to most people.

The same crap is happening now where sleazy people are taking advantage of the George Floyd situation to try to ram their beliefs down peoples' throats. This should have been a unifying situation where pretty much everyone can agree that the Floyd killing was an outrage and at a minimum we need more awareness and better training to prevent it happening again, especially with a focus on the black community. But no, people have to hijack it to try to ram the whole systemic racism and anti-police belief down peoples' throats and try to hijack the national anthem ceremony. Everyone that does this is just taking advantage and dividing people instead of uniting.

If Pat kneels during the anthem, I'll be disappointed, but I'm not going to stop watching. I've been disappointed by athletes before but they are athletes not world leaders and I watch them for entertainment not their viewpoints.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:22 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Well I agree. But you probably shouldn’t say that non racists might also stop watching on principle outside of this anonymous format
In English, please

or people will claim you are an enabler or don’t understand the problems
What does this even mean?

and seek to get you fired.
Ditto. What does this even mean?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:32 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In English, please

What does this even mean?

Ditto. What does this even mean?

Just exaggerating the idea that is out there that only racists or white nationalists would oppose the kneeling during the anthem, and anyone who suggests otherwise is complicit in enabling those racists and is liable to be victimized by the mob.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 06-06-2020
Just exaggerating the idea that is out there that only racists or white nationalists would oppose the kneeling during the anthem
So again with you, baseless speculation.

Who are these other people that would oppose kneeling during the anthem that would refuse to watch the NFL in 2020?

and anyone who suggests otherwise is complicit in enabling those racists and is liable to be victimized by the mob.
What mob?
[Reply]
stumppy 12:41 PM 06-06-2020
Just exaggerating the idea that is out there that only racists or white nationalists would oppose the kneeling during the anthem, and anyone who suggests otherwise is complicit in enabling those racists and is liable to be victimized by the mob.
Why do you feel the need to exaggerate it?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
This is exactly right. Protesting racism and police brutality is a great cause, but it is completely unnecessary to hijack a ceremony that has been around for over a hundred years that commemorates people fighting and dying for our freedom.
This is completely false and has no ring of truth, whatsoever. The Star Spangled Banner didn't even become the National Anthem until 1931.

The anthem was first played at Boston Red Sox games after WWI. It didn't become commonplace at sporting events until after WWII.

If you don't believe me, read this link on The History Channel and please, stop with the horseshit.

https://www.history.com/news/why-the...porting-events
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 01:04 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is completely false and has no ring of truth, whatsoever. The Star Spangled Banner didn't even become the National Anthem until 1931.

The anthem was first played at Boston Red Sox games after WWI. It didn't become commonplace at sporting events until after WWII.

If you don't believe me, read this link on The History Channel and please, stop with the horseshit.

https://www.history.com/news/why-the...porting-events
Ok so the song has been around for over a hundred years but not common at sports events until about 75 years ago. My point remains.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 95
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Up