ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 95
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:17 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
During the anthem? I’ll stop being a fan.

I know this isn’t popular right now.... but I am stupefied at the idea I can be against police brutality, but somehow I have to accept kneeling during the anthem.

Two ideas that are only connected by either ignorance or agenda.

I hate Brees comments were muffled, they were his free speech. I hate I can barely say my free speech. Even here. With relative ambiguity.

I didn’t hate Kap’s free speech, I just disagree with how he delivered it. But it was his, and I respected his conviction, even if the pig socks were distasteful.

I don’t mind disagreeing with someone. But I disagree with being bullied to make politically correct comments to “feel safe”.
But that goes two ways. As if players weren't bullied by fans and owners to stay silent on issues they wanted to speak out about. And that goes way beyond the anthem. The Rams were told not to "gesture" about "I can't breathe." The NBA and WNBA were bullied into not wearing protest t-shirts. Several players have had their careers ruined over this kneeling thing. So while I don't like Brees being forced let's not act like he's the only person who's been bullied for expressing himself freely.
[Reply]
dmahurin 09:33 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by MAG:
Still waiting for any sort of statistics to back up police brutality against black people.
An article with a TON of facts laid and all of them have a cited source. Irregardless of if you like Washington post or not these are all legitimate stats with data to back them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...res-the-proof/
[Reply]
jettio 09:35 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But that goes two ways. As if players weren't bullied by fans and owners to stay silent on issues they wanted to speak out about. And that goes way beyond the anthem. The Rams were told not to "gesture" about "I can't breathe." The NBA and WNBA were bullied into not wearing protest t-shirts. Several players have had their careers ruined over this kneeling thing. So while I don't like Brees being forced let's not act like he's the only person who's been bullied for expressing himself freely.
Seems to me that Brees talked to his teammates and peers and spoke for himself afterwards.

I think his first comments were sincere. And his apology afterwards was sincere and his response to Trump was sincere.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:50 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Players say and do things all the time fans wouldn’t like or could be controversial to a group of people. But they don’t usually try to force it on everyone using the game as the platform and because of that people mostly don’t care. So to say players were bullied as if they are being silenced is disingenuous and purposely victimizing them. They are employees subject to the employers who want to to what is best for the company. I honestly don’t see how this is so complicated.

Like you said in another post if players want to do things and have outlets beyond game time I’m pretty sure almost no one will throw a fit about that because it’s much easier to avoid topics you don’t want to hear about during your sports entertainment. The few that do get upset will be much easier to dismiss.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:58 AM 06-06-2020
I'm very good with shedding these crybaby "fans" regardless of what Pat does. Stop watching the Chiefs, stop watching the NFL, stop watching college football, and most importantly stop posting on a Kansas City Chiefs message board. That'll show 'em!
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:02 AM 06-06-2020
I call bullshit on all you fat asses who say you'll do something different on Sunday and no longer watch the NFL.

Most of you lazy jackasses have no other hobbies than sitting on your fat ass, eating carb loaded food and watching TV. That routine is too engrained into your greasy lard ass DNA to change your behavior.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:13 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Players say and do things all the time fans wouldn’t like or could be controversial to a group of people. But they don’t usually try to force it on everyone using the game as the platform and because of that people mostly don’t care. So to say players were bullied as if they are being silenced is disingenuous and purposely victimizing them. They are employees subject to the employers who want to to what is best for the company. I honestly don’t see how this is so complicated.

Like you said in another post if players want to do things and have outlets beyond game time I’m pretty sure almost no one will throw a fit about that because it’s much easier to avoid topics you don’t want to hear about during your sports entertainment. The few that do get upset will be much easier to dismiss.

Sports figures protesting using the game has been going on for decades, this isn't anything new.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:08 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'm very good with shedding these crybaby "fans" regardless of what Pat does. Stop watching the Chiefs, stop watching the NFL, stop watching college football, and most importantly stop posting on a Kansas City Chiefs message board. That'll show 'em!
The systematic removal of racists from the fanbase and this site would be a major step in the right direction.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:09 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I call bullshit on all you fat asses who say you'll do something different on Sunday and no longer watch the NFL.

Most of you lazy jackasses have no other hobbies than sitting on your fat ass, eating carb loaded food and watching TV. That routine is too engrained into your greasy lard ass DNA to change your behavior.
You tell on yourself for sure here.:-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:11 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The systematic removal of racists from the fanbase and this site would be a major step in the right direction.

Are you one of those people who think if you don’t like the anthem protest then you are a racist?
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:13 AM 06-06-2020
No I'm one of those people that watches rednecks post racist shit on this site every day
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:15 AM 06-06-2020
No I'm one of those people that watches rednecks post racist shit on this site every day

So the only people that would stop watching are racists?
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:18 AM 06-06-2020
No but they won't be missed either
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:23 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:

You forgot to include the goatee in the description of us.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 AM 06-06-2020
That hobby is very time consuming and never ends.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 95
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up