ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 95
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 03:37 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Or you know you could just shut up and listen. Rather than jumping straight to "your feelings are wrong" just listen. These protests have proven the police thugs need a lot of reform, they are attacking peaceful protesters with unnecessary force. Lets start there.
Sorry, but I care about facts not feelings. I’m not going to just blindly go with narratives and anecdotes.

And I said police brutality was a real issue.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 06-05-2020
There is a lot of whataboutism going on in this thread. Are there other things messed up in our society, yeah. But this is what the spotlight is on now. Police brutality and systematic racism. The police have basically responded by saying hold my beer. Not just against black people either, they have made it clear they are out of control. Lets focus on fixing these problems then we can concentrate on fixing the other problems people have mentioned. Lets not just say well this is a problem too so lets do nothing.
It's okay to engage and disagree with the underlying thesis of an argument - you don't have to just take things at face value even if it means you aren't 'woke' enough.

You have any idea how many police interactions have come about as a results of these 'protests' that have devolved into riots? Or how many more people have been injured or killed by fellow rioters?

There have been tens of thousands of officers involved in this throughout the country. A handful of them have engaged in physical confrontation, most of those have been reasonable once the entire picture has emerged.

But the .1% of them that arguably were not and of course your stance is 'they are out of control'.

For the rioters this shit is all the result low-information rioters who refuse to contextualize anything or consider alternate view who are simply using this as a pretext to steal shit and/or vent frustrations that they never bothered to verify through any kind of independent examination.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:40 PM 06-05-2020
Or you know you could just shut up and listen. Rather than jumping straight to "your feelings are wrong" just listen. These protests have proven the police thugs need a lot of reform, they are attacking peaceful protesters with unnecessary force. Lets start there.
Have you guys seen this video?

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:41 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Police brutality is an issue. My critiques are:

1. It’s mostly a male issue yet black women are telling white men they don’t know what it feels like to be scared of the cops. A white male is more likely to be a victim of police brutality than a black female. If I simply pointed this fact out, I’d be labeled a racist.

2. The stats don’t support the hyperbolic narratives of black men being hunted. If anything, it’s the cops that are 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black man.

3. There’s not much talk about realistic solutions. It’s just a lot of anger and virtue signaling on social media.
{CLICK, CLICK} "Re-tweet by sportswriter who went into journalism wanting to work for the New York Times or The Atlantic"

LOOK HOW WOKE I AM!

As I said yesterday, if any of these guys had a position they were passionate and versed about, never in a million years would they surrender their agency and THEIR passion to someone else's words.

If you truly care, you address it in your own voice. If you just want internet points, you re-tweet whatever you think will get you the most of them.

Fucking cowards, the lot of them.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:46 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

World’s largest gang.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:46 PM 06-05-2020

Yup - I do think it's interesting that it's a white guy while so many minorities are still telling white folk that only minorities are victims of excessive force.

And I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But EVERY profession has it's worst ones. They all have bad examples. Whatever high-minded profession you name, by definition one of them has to be the worst one of them. Somewhere there's a pediatric neurological surgeon who has been vetted for years and gone through education that has weeded out most. And he's STILL the worst pediatric neurosurgeon on the planet. And someday he can (or already has) made a decision that cost him his job. Or impacted someone's life in a negative way but was borderline enough that he's able to continue practicing.

Every single profession has those. And the higher states jobs yield higher stakes consequences.

But how does painting the overwhelming majority of them who ARE good at their jobs with the same brush help? It's just gonna convince the good ones with a calling who would've served their communities faithfully for decades to go "nah, that's just not something I can subject myself or my family to..." Or worse still, be afraid/ashamed of the fact they ever considered it a noble profession to begin with so they'll just perpetuate the cycle.

Everything about what these people are doing is counterproductive.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:47 PM 06-05-2020
Police brutality is an issue. My critiques are:

1. It’s mostly a male issue yet black women are telling white men they don’t know what it feels like to be scared of the cops. A white male is more likely to be a victim of police brutality than a black female. If I simply pointed this fact out, I’d be labeled a racist.

2. The stats don’t support the hyperbolic narratives of black men being hunted. If anything, it’s the cops that are 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black man.

3. There’s not much talk about realistic solutions. It’s just a lot of anger and virtue signaling on social media.
There's plenty of realistic solutions. Tell me why whenever lawsuits happen after one of these events that its always the city(taxpayer) that pays? A real simple solution would be to have these multi-million dollar lawsuits come out of the police retirement fund that the unions have set up. Why are our tax dollars going to some help out gung ho cop who can't stop himself from shooting/beating someone? I bet we'll see a drop off in these events if the cops themselves have to start paying out for these killings/beatings. If their pensions start getting hurt-that will get their attention.

Also, there's plenty of time to discuss about white cops killing innocent white people-it happens everyday. The point of what Pat, HB and everyone else is saying is that they want to talk about it happening to black people. They took their time to make the video to discuss that. If some white players (or whomever) else wants to make a video about police brutality as it relates to white people then they are more then welcome to.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:47 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
World’s largest gang.
There are a shitload more people in a shitload of ACTUAL gangs who will murder your ass for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, black or white. And I'm talking raw numbers, let alone on a percentage basis.

You're a goddamn idiot.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:48 PM 06-05-2020

Yea that was awful :-)

The worst part about it is the guys were handling it calmly until they let somebody else make their decisions for them (“Push him! Push!”)

But this is a perfect example of how dumb people are:

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:49 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup - I do think it's interesting that it's a white guy while so many minorities are still telling white folk that only minorities are victims of excessive force.

And I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But EVERY profession has it's worst ones. They all have bad examples. Whatever high-minded profession you name, by definition one of them has to be the worst one of them. Somewhere there's a pediatric neurological surgeon who has been vetted for years and gone through education that has weeded out most. And he's STILL the worst pediatric neurosurgeon on the planet. And someday he can (or already has) made a decision that cost him his job. Or impacted someone's life in a negative way but was borderline enough that he's able to continue practicing.

Every single profession has those. And the higher states jobs yield higher stakes consequences.

But how does painting the overwhelming majority of them who ARE good at their jobs with the same brush help? It's just gonna convince the good ones with a calling who would've served their communities faithfully for decades to go "nah, that's just not something I can subject myself or my family to..." Or worse still, be afraid/ashamed of the fact they ever considered it a noble profession to begin with so they'll just perpetuate the cycle.

Who, specifically, is saying that exactly?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:50 PM 06-05-2020
But this is a perfect example of how dumb people are:

I loved that.

Even when it's evidence that this isn't a racial issue (at least these instances related to the riots), it's turned into a racial issue.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:51 PM 06-05-2020

I would say 100% of those cops in that video have an issue. Notice how it was the national guard that stopped to take care of him? The rest kept walking and trying to arrest people. Protect and serve my ass.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:51 PM 06-05-2020
For me, it proves that police nationwide need better training. Also, it's time for police forces across the nation to better screen applicants because the fact is that some people are just not cut out to do police work.

That said, the lack of empathy is just as much, if not more disturbing. I don't know how anyone could just walk past any person that's bleeding from their right ear after a fall, especially a 75 year old man.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:52 PM 06-05-2020
There are a shitload more people in a shitload of ACTUAL gangs who will murder your ass for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, black or white. And I'm talking raw numbers, let alone on a percentage basis.

You're a goddamn idiot.
If your argument is they’re better than most gangs, you’ve lost the argument.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:52 PM 06-05-2020
I loved that.

Even when it's evidence that this isn't a racial issue (at least these instances related to the riots), it's turned into a racial issue.
It serves no purpose and just further creates a divide between SJW’s and reasonable people that really care.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 95
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up