ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1972 of 2688
« First < 972147218721922196219681969197019711972 19731974197519761982202220722472 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:48 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even then, I don't think you'll ever see a "stud" line in KC. It takes to much in terms of resources that could be spent elsewhere.

Yes, they might retool and they can certainly get better but the days of the 2003 Chiefs are over. We won't ever see that again.
Well, I feel like I'm having to keep reiterating-

You don't have to have first round picks all over the line.

interior linemen are usually more like mid round picks.

We're going to have to devote SOME draft resources, and in short order. A bunch of UDFA isn't going to cut it within a couple of years.

Schwartz and Fisher are aging and starting to show some injury issues. Schwartz may be done very soon if his back problems don't improve, and they usually don't.

Kelce will begin to slow down more than likely. He's a freak; you can't just draft another one and replace his production.

By 2022, Clyde and the running game will be a lot more important than it is now.

And keeping Mahomes clean long enough to hit those bombs to Tyreek will be of utmost importance.

Tyreek will still be there and fast as hell, but Watkins won't.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:51 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
If we draft well we could get significantly better. I have never thought much of Andy Heck. Our Oline doesn't ever seem as polished as other Olines. Especially when it comes to handling stunts and twists.
But if we drafted OL well, you'd just complain about something else. So, what's the point really.................
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:52 PM 12-03-2020
Eric Berry 8m cap hit is finally off the books at the end of this year.
Watkins' 16*m is gone at the end of this year, he's a FA.
Next year is Fisher's last year though.
We can release Frank Clark in 2022 years and break even and get his 26m cap number off the books.
That Berry contract really fucked us. We got nothing out of the Hobo.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:52 PM 12-03-2020
Can't you fuckers use Google?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ings-are-back/

:-)
Why did you post a link to an article updated in 2016?

Here: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nsive-monster/

Mahomes #1 :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 PM 12-03-2020
Why did you post a link to an article updated in 2016?

Here: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nsive-monster/

Mahomes #1 :-)
Because that article describes what "elo" is dumbshit. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I feel like I'm having to keep reiterating-

You don't have to have first round picks all over the line.

interior linemen are usually more like mid round picks.

We're going to have to devote SOME draft resources, and in short order. A bunch of UDFA isn't going to cut it within a couple of years.

Schwartz and Fisher are aging and starting to show some injury issues. Schwartz may be done very soon if his back problems don't improve, and they usually don't.

Kelce will begin to slow down more than likely. He's a freak; you can't just draft another one and replace his production.

By 2022, Clyde and the running game will be a lot more important than it is now.

And keeping Mahomes clean long enough to hit those bombs to Tyreek will be of utmost importance.

Tyreek will still be there and fast as hell, but Watkins won't.
Again, I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.

I'm not saying we can't or won't have a GOOD line. I'm not saying we NEED 1st round picks.

Jake said "stud" line. Without a big stroke of luck, we're not ever going to have a "stud" line like we had in 2003. We're not going to have a "stud" line like Indy or LV have now. Those "stud" lines DO have 1st round picks, especially on the interior.

Because those teams invested heavy capital in those positions and the Chiefs aren't going to do that.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:59 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
But if we drafted OL well, you'd just complain about something else. So, what's the point really.................
You just can't tell the difference between discussing and complaining. Running around with your silk panties in a "twist" crying because i said our Oline wasn't very good. Guess what, it isn't any good.

I also talk about how Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are fucking awesome. You ignore that because it doesn't go along with your constant bitching about me.

Hitchen might be having his best year ever, just ignore it.
Sneed looks like he is going to be a real gamer, just ignore it
CEH will be really productive when the interior of our Oline improves, just ignore it
Gay has shown some promise too, just ignore it

GFY
[Reply]
JakeF 09:02 PM 12-03-2020

I'm not saying we can't or won't have a GOOD line. I'm not saying we NEED 1st round picks.

Jake said "stud" line. Without a big stroke of luck, we're not ever going to have a "stud" line like we had in 2003. We're not going to have a "stud" line like Indy or LV have now. Those "stud" lines DO have 1st round picks, especially on the interior.

Because those teams invested heavy capital in those positions and the Chiefs aren't going to do that.
Just let the word "stud" go since it's such a problem for you.
Holy Shit :-)

I can't wait until we have a "quality" offensive line!!!

Taking shit for "complaining", Taking shit because i want too good of players. JFC
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:14 PM 12-03-2020
KC is pretty close to a stud OL on paper. Fish is playing great. If schwartz gets right we need to hit on maybe one pick. It could be niang. Reid loves drafting tackles and moving them inside. I think the most important interior position is RG, and that's where our worst player is right now. As is wiley and reiter are pushed back on every run.

I think my point is being missed here. Maybe I'm not clear. The OL issues is one of contracted players being unable to play. On paper we are like 1 guy away from elite on the OL.

But that's next year. This year we have to deal. Mahomes covers it well. Hes still the best. On the thread topic, that's what's special. Most QBs take sacks and make terrible decisions when confronted with interior pressure. Mahomes is so good throwing off his back foot hes getting away with shit no other QB could do.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:38 PM 12-03-2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 PM 12-03-2020
Just let the word "stud" go since it's such a problem for you.
Holy Shit :-)

I can't wait until we have a "quality" offensive line!!!

Taking shit for "complaining", Taking shit because i want too good of players. JFC
Hey man, I was just making friendly conversation. I never accused you of complaining (at least not this time).

I'm just saying that this isn't that kind of team. A lot of people here dream of the days when the defense gave up 14 points a game and had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Those days are LONG past and they're not coming back, at least not while Patrick Mahomes is here.

Martyball is dead and buried. We are real contenders now.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:50 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
KC is pretty close to a stud OL on paper. Fish is playing great. If schwartz gets right we need to hit on maybe one pick. It could be niang. Reid loves drafting tackles and moving them inside. I think the most important interior position is RG, and that's where our worst player is right now. As is wiley and reiter are pushed back on every run.

I think my point is being missed here. Maybe I'm not clear. The OL issues is one of contracted players being unable to play. On paper we are like 1 guy away from elite on the OL.

But that's next year. This year we have to deal. Mahomes covers it well. Hes still the best. On the thread topic, that's what's special. Most QBs take sacks and make terrible decisions when confronted with interior pressure. Mahomes is so good throwing off his back foot hes getting away with shit no other QB could do.
That's simply not true at all.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:08 AM 12-04-2020

Mahomes already has the highest overall, but a couple of his throw accuracy ratings are heading towards that 99 as well �� @PatrickMahomes @Chiefs @ochocinco @EAMaddenNFL pic.twitter.com/9rB5yL1uQJ

— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) December 4, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:02 AM 12-04-2020

I would agree with that, more than likely.

It's always possible that the board just falls a certain way and a C or a G is the BPA and Veach takes one at #32. I doubt that would be the focus and intent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I would agree with that, more than likely.

It's always possible that the board just falls a certain way and a C or a G is the BPA and Veach takes one at #32. I doubt that would be the focus and intent.
Right.
[Reply]
Page 1972 of 2688
« First < 972147218721922196219681969197019711972 19731974197519761982202220722472 > Last »
Up