ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Manhattan DA to get Trumps Taxes
Cosmos 10:56 AM 02-22-2021
The Supreme Court refused to issue a stay order, and as a result, Trumps accounting firm Mozartís will be handing over Trump Org tax documents.

Finally, Trump will not have to wait any longer to prove his innocence...

https://www.axios.com/supreme-court-...b1992be5c.html
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:19 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Finally, Trump will not have to wait any longer to prove his innocence...
Sorry, what country are we in? I believe the presumption is innocence because it's impossible to prove you haven't done something.

I can't imagine what it must be like to have Trump living rent free in people's heads.

He's gone; find something else to concentrate on.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:20 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
So you are so partisan and close minded you are sure there is something to be found in returns that will put Trump in jail?

A guy like Trump gets audited frequently. Don't you think his tax crimes would have already come to light?
He's so partisan and closeminded he's just hoping that the tax records reveal to the public something 'concerning' because Trump opened himself to use of the criminal courts to feed the court of public opinion by having the temerity to be elected president.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:31 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, told Congress in 2019 that Trump improperly inflated and deflated the value of his real estate assets for tax and insurance purposes.
How did he do this without violating attorney/client privilege? If he simply violated it, would you trust the testimony from such an attorney?
[Reply]
banyon 12:34 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
He's so partisan and closeminded he's just hoping that the tax records reveal to the public something 'concerning' because Trump opened himself to use of the criminal courts to feed the court of public opinion by having the temerity to be elected president.
How about, if there are facts to support a crime, then it should be prosecuted?

And if there aren't then they don't? That too complex a view?
[Reply]
eDave 12:35 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
So you are so partisan and close minded you are sure there is something to be found in returns that will put Trump in jail?

A guy like Trump gets audited frequently. Don't you think his tax crimes would have already come to light?
Super rich but can't see his taxes.

Super smart but can't see his grades.

Super not guilty but everyone associated with him is a criminal.

This Trump guy might be full of shit.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:36 PM 02-22-2021
"It was my experience that Mr. Trump inflated his total assets when it served his purposes, such as trying to be listed amongst the wealthiest people in Forbes, and deflated his assets to reduce his real estate taxes," Cohen said in February 2019.

Lulz^. Cohen canít even give a straight answer on this matter. He inflates and deflates!

If Trump did deflate in order to pay lower real estate taxes, it was offset by being overcharged by insurance companies. If thereís any restitution to be paid to State governments it needs to be paid by insurance. Not Trump.
[Reply]
banyon 12:36 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
How did he do this without violating attorney/client privilege? If he simply violated it, would you trust the testimony from such an attorney?
Only the communications are protected, not the actions during the course of the representation.

Moreover, no state bar protects an ongoing crime such as a fraud by the privilege, particularly when the lawyer was a participant.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:36 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Super smart but can't see his grades..
Obama?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:37 PM 02-22-2021
The refusal to take up the election challenges is much more important news, and is an excellent demonstration as to why I didn't want Kavanaugh or Barrett as the selections.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:42 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The refusal to take up the election challenges is much more important news, and is an excellent demonstration as to why I didn't want Kavanaugh or Barrett as the selections.
The Goldilocks court.

Too early, too late, too quick, moot, move on.

Cowards, and they deserve every bit of loss of credibility they accumulate.
[Reply]
2112 12:45 PM 02-22-2021
Another Rachel Madcow nothingburger?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:49 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The Goldilocks court.

Too early, too late, too quick, moot, move on.

Cowards, and they deserve every bit of loss of credibility they accumulate.
One of the obvious problems when you use gatekeepers to make personnel decisions for you is that you're stuck using personnel that was acceptable to the gatekeepers. The inability to find workarounds for that is what will probably go down as Trump's biggest failing as president.

And it didn't have to be that way. In this case, both Kavanaugh and Barrett had obvious red flags that were overlooked. In other cases, we often saw that same thing, whether from the person's history, the person's background, or the person's advocates.
[Reply]
banyon 12:49 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Another Rachel Madcow nothingburger?
It looks to me that Vance is putting a lot of eggs in this basket for it to be nothing.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:51 PM 02-22-2021
Somebody wake up Mueller, this is the biggie.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:51 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
It looks to me that Vance is putting a lot of eggs in this basket for it to be nothing.
What's the top priority for him I wonder....this or Malcom X? Busy times.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up