ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Manhattan DA to get Trumps Taxes
Cosmos 10:56 AM 02-22-2021
The Supreme Court refused to issue a stay order, and as a result, Trumps accounting firm Mozart’s will be handing over Trump Org tax documents.

Finally, Trump will not have to wait any longer to prove his innocence...

https://www.axios.com/supreme-court-...b1992be5c.html
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:39 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
The Supreme Court refused to issue a stay order, and as a result, Trumps accounting firm Mozart’s will be handing over Trump Org tax documents.

Finally, Trump will not have to wait any longer to prove his innocence...

https://www.axios.com/supreme-court-...b1992be5c.html
This was just a necessary loss in order to allow the case to be appealed to the Double Super Supreme Court.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:41 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Trump strikes me as a person willing to take a lot of liberties, playboy and billionaire. I think there probably is a lot in the tax returns that can be disputed. Maybe even make a case of fraud.

On the other hand the only reason NY is looking at him is because of partisan politics and they disagree with him politically. Which is even more of a concern.
:-)
[Reply]
Shields68 11:41 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
His own lawyer went in front of Congress under oath and testified about how they would defraud banks on their loans in New York. He described the method and how he was involved.


As I remember, that is when Vance's office got involved.
It was a pretty vague statement that he inflated his net worth in making a bid to buy the Buffalo Bills. It made by someone who is himself convicted of fraud. So it was about a loan which was turned down and no actual details. So no he did not describe the method. Further it has nothing to do with his tax returns. That has spiraled out from what Cohen said.

Just do not see that going anywhere absence TDS and partisanship.
[Reply]
loochy 11:41 AM 02-22-2021
Isn't this the IRS's arena to investigate? If they didn't find anything, why would anyone else? Isn't this almost a case of double jeopardy?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:43 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
So, you are so partisan and so close minded, that there could be nothing in those returns that would concern you?
Define 'concern'

The IRS has been aware of their contents since they were filed. Their lack of legal concern should be the end of the matter.

Now everyone will be aware of the contents, and 'concern' gets weighed in the court of public opinion, which is the endgame to begin with.

If that's a culture you are comfortable with, remain comfortable with it when it descends on someone you have more affinity for than Trump.

Or you could boldly assert your alliance and just post your tax filings here for everyone to pore over.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:46 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
His own lawyer went in front of Congress under oath and testified about how they would defraud banks on their loans in New York. He described the method and how he was involved.


As I remember, that is when Vance's office got involved.

Thankfully they already put Cohen in prison for his dastardly deeds. You’ll note that Cohen committed tax fraud for his personal gain and not for the Trump Org, per the charging documents.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:55 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
No one cares.
At all.
[Reply]
banyon 11:58 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Define 'concern'

The IRS has been aware of their contents since they were filed. Their lack of legal concern should be the end of the matter.

Now everyone will be aware of the contents, and 'concern' gets weighed in the court of public opinion, which is the endgame to begin with.

If that's a culture you are comfortable with, remain comfortable with it when it descends on someone you have more affinity for than Trump.

Or you could boldly assert your alliance and just post your tax filings here for everyone to pore over.
When I run for president I'll make sure to do that.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:58 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
It was a pretty vague statement that he inflated his net worth in making a bid to buy the Buffalo Bills. It made by someone who is himself convicted of fraud. So it was about a loan which was turned down and no actual details. So no he did not describe the method. Further it has nothing to do with his tax returns. That has spiraled out from what Cohen said.

Just do not see that going anywhere absence TDS and partisanship.

Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, told Congress in 2019 that Trump improperly inflated and deflated the value of his real estate assets for tax and insurance purposes.



Is the accusation that Trump inflates his real estate values to pay more in insurance? If so that is big - he was hurting himself financially. Hopefully this leads to him being reimbursed by the insurance companies who should’ve stepped in and forced him to pay lower rates on his holdings.
[Reply]
banyon 11:59 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Thankfully they already put Cohen in prison for his dastardly deeds. You’ll note that Cohen committed tax fraud for his personal gain and not for the Trump Org, per the charging documents.
It's really strange how Trump keeps surrounding himself with these people who just happen to commit crimes, isn't it? He must be the unluckiest guy on the face of the earth in hiring the "best people".
[Reply]
banyon 12:00 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
It was a pretty vague statement that he inflated his net worth in making a bid to buy the Buffalo Bills. It made by someone who is himself convicted of fraud. So it was about a loan which was turned down and no actual details. So no he did not describe the method. Further it has nothing to do with his tax returns. That has spiraled out from what Cohen said.

Just do not see that going anywhere absence TDS and partisanship.
It wasn't vague in that he included a financial statement as an exhibit used as the basis of the loan attempt.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:03 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
When I run for president I'll make sure to do that.
ToA
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:12 PM 02-22-2021
Congratulations. I guess.
[Reply]
Cosmos 12:12 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Looks like some crazed men, in dread fear of Trump running again, are on a fishing expedition in search of a crime flipping the premise of justice where there isn't a credible indication there is a crime first to investigate.

Right out of head of Joseph Stalin's secret police boasting—“Show me the man and I'll show you the crime."

Not surprising cosmos and banyon support it.
Tax fraud....simple as can be.

I just paid my thousands of dollars in taxes, and have for the past 40 years, never audited once.

Just wished I could have paid $750...or even 0.....like your master.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:17 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
So, you are so partisan and so close minded, that there could be nothing in those returns that would concern you?
So you are so partisan and close minded you are sure there is something to be found in returns that will put Trump in jail?

A guy like Trump gets audited frequently. Don't you think his tax crimes would have already come to light?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up