ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Coca-Cola employee training: you need to be “less white”
RunKC 11:48 PM 02-19-2021
This is some pretty racist stuff. But not surprising when Republicans allowed us to lose the culture war.

I walk through the images in this video: https://t.co/tBwQ0FGV2N

— Karlyn supports banning critical race theory in NH (@DrKarlynB) February 19, 2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:49 AM 02-21-2021

[Reply]
AndChiefs 10:50 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Give em another tax cut

It’s not just there. 5% of my bonus is dependent on minorities and women being promoted/hired into senior leadership. I’m middle management. So essentially, this is what they’re telling me.

1. You’re not getting promoted
2. Here’s a little bribe so you hopefully complain less about it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:57 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:
It’s not just there. 5% of my bonus is dependent on minorities and women being promoted/hired into senior leadership. I’m middle management. So essentially, this is what they’re telling me.

But that is not racist or sexist.

We had our union rep try to put into our contract that preference would be given to the hiring, retention, placement and seniority of teachers of color.

Luckily it did not pass. I told him that the amendment was racist. And if the school wanted a lawsuit....someone would bring it if they were passed over on tenure because of color.

He also heard from a lot of others. It died in committee.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:05 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

We had our union rep try to put into our contract that preference would be given to the hiring, retention, placement and seniority of teachers of color.

Luckily it did not pass. I told him that the amendment was racist. And if the school wanted a lawsuit....someone would bring it if they were passed over on tenure because of color.

Did y'all ditch him as your rep?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:16 AM 02-21-2021

First of all - I HATE teachers unions. That being stated - That "rep" would have been voted out immediately.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:34 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Did y'all ditch him as your rep?
Of course they didnt. Usually runs unopposed.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:36 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
First of all - I HATE teachers unions. That being stated - That "rep" would have been voted out immediately.
Good and bad parts of all of it.

But when it comes to the down and dirty.....they dont always support what is right. glad I am out.

I did join a national teacher association that protects teachers from unfounded charges and lawsuits more than worrying about politics.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:37 AM 02-21-2021
Of course they didnt. Usually runs unopposed.

:-)

Then y'all deserve what you get.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:38 AM 02-21-2021
Here in Ca they tried this crap already and it was called “Affirmative Action”. It failed miserably and even Californians said enough
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:45 AM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:

White people apparently support this. Or else it wouldn’t keep happening everywhere.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:23 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Pretty sure that was a thing. I mean even the nba had a policy in place not too long ago that pretty much told the players to be less black for their press conferences.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:27 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Problem?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:35 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Problem?
The problem is this attempted transposition of behaviors that trend towards professional or unprofessional or trend toward productive or unproductive, into inherently black or white.

It's that conflation of black and blackNESS, or white and whiteNESS, going on everywhere.

If you have a criticism of NBA standards, cite the standard and explain the problem, don't handwave it as 'forcing them to be less black.'

Black isn't a behavior, it's an irrelevant trait.

Your stance is like asserting that women have a right to 'act blonde.' Or that 'short person rage' is a culture.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:12 PM 02-21-2021
Could you imagine if a major company had training as follows...

What it means to be black is to be a murderer, a rapist, a drug dealer, a thief, a home invader, a swindler.

You need to be less black

Omg that company would be out of business overnight.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:42 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Here in Ca they tried this crap already and it was called “Affirmative Action”. It failed miserably and even Californians said enough

Oh hell, the military has had that for years. I personally saw several members from Enlisted to Officers (white) passed over for promotion by black members who, quite honestly (in an least some of the cases) had no business whatsoever being promoted - but were.

I suppose that in some instances I guess it didn't hurt morale that much. However, in other instances, those being "promoted" over more highly qualified personnel may have indeed, put soldiers lives at risk.

Damned shame, but "politics is politics" - George Patton
[Reply]
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up