ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Coca-Cola employee training: you need to be “less white”
RunKC 11:48 PM 02-19-2021
This is some pretty racist stuff. But not surprising when Republicans allowed us to lose the culture war.

I walk through the images in this video: https://t.co/tBwQ0FGV2N

— Karlyn supports banning critical race theory in NH (@DrKarlynB) February 19, 2021

[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:23 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, George C Scott, John Wayne, Lee Van Cleef are all looking down in shock and laughing at what passes for a man these days.
Imagine making a list of actors to show what a real man is:-)
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:28 PM 02-21-2021
I don’t disagree with their right to do it either. I do disagree with the business decision. Essentially letting their customers, employees, and stakeholders know that if you disagree then you aren’t welcome. Seems like a shitty business decision. I won’t be buying Coke anymore, which means nothing to them but over time if enough people protest with their money then it will make a difference. However, a business can run their business however they see fit, regardless of how stupid their decisions are.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:30 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Should he make a list of the guys in his neighborhood? Are we gonna have any clue who he is talking about?

Most sane people can look at that list and come away with the general idea of what he perceives a real man is or should be. The only thing required for successful communication is for both parties to understand the idea/concept being communicated. I didn't have any trouble understanding where he was going, did you?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:43 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
By all means, let's see your list.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:44 PM 02-21-2021
We live in an age when we are supposed to treat every difference as a cause for celebration, but I’m supposed to suppress my whiteness (whatever the fuck that means)? Nah I’m good. I’d prefer to celebrate the fact that my grandpa came from Scotland. My great grandma from Luxembourg, and the rest of my descendants came from Ireland and England and Scandinavia. I really enjoy learning and celebrating where I came from.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:47 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
So you don't think the nba (David stern) thought "how do we get our players, the vast majority being black, to be less themselves to change the perception of the league"?

I thought the policy change was stupid, just like i think this 'reprogramming' is stupid. But they are similar situations.

The post i originally quoted said what if corporations said "be less black... and pull up your pants"

The nba said, wear professional clothes into the arenas and at press conferences to its mostly black work force.
Confusing trying to figure out your perspective.

I'm trying to delineate the important distinction between behavior and visual traits, but you seem to think Coca Cola's and the NBA's efforts were stupid because it was stupid to try to change innately white or innately black BEHAVIORS.

There is a crucial difference between saying 'I reject your notion of professional dress or orthodox grammar because I don't think it germaine to my professional responsibilities' and rejecting it because it's 'my innate blackness.'

And there is a crucial difference between saying 'excessive work ethic and demanding detail attention and accuracy [etc, etc] are counterproductive to our particular work culture' and saying 'it's your innate whiteness.'

In each case, in the former you have; properly defined the criticism, separated it from race, and opened up opportunity for reaction/discourse/compromise/amendment/etc, and the in the latter you have declared the entire matter off limits to any assessment or discussion. Further, expanding skin color [white, black] into a vague notion of essence [whiteness, blackness] just invites perpetuation of stereotypes and assumptions people are ostensibly trying to extinguish.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:18 PM 02-21-2021
Meanwhile, let's keep driving small businesses into oblivion.

Democrat Rep. Ro Khanna on the 1.4 million jobs that the CBO predicts would be eliminated by raising the federal wage mandate: “we don't want" the small businesses that would be forced underpic.twitter.com/1gf07LbRLK

— Tommy Pigott (@TCPigott) February 21, 2021

[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:31 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Meanwhile, let's keep driving small businesses into oblivion.

Jesus that’s so disappointing. He “loves small businesses” yet somehow can’t understand that the small businesses are those who disrupt the market and make more opportunities for both the employee and the consumer, the exact people he thinks he’s “helping.” Liberalism is a mental disorder.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:48 PM 02-21-2021
It’s so nice to have policies based on race. What better way to combat the judging of people by their skin color than to judge people by their skin color?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:12 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It’s so nice to have policies based on race. What better way to combat the judging of people by their skin color than to judge people by their skin color?
true. so true.
[Reply]
redshirt32 05:14 PM 02-21-2021
No greater injury can be done to ANY youth than to let him feel that because he belongs to this or that race he will be advanced in life regaurdless of his own merits or efforts.
Booker T Washington
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:17 PM 02-21-2021
Martin Luther King JR rolling over in his grave
[Reply]
Katipan 05:22 PM 02-21-2021
You people give a pretty depressing idea of heaven.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:40 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
What is your idea of Heaven, a world where everyone tries to be "less white"

?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:42 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
many depressing and depressed folks here

have a nice evening
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up