ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Joe and the truth. Not friends.
F150 10:04 AM 02-18-2021

Fact check: President Biden makes at least four false statistical claims at CNN town hall https://t.co/0yO4HRoZ2C

— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 18, 2021

CNN being eaten by the left for telling the truth....read comments
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:53 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
The pictures were distinct and obvious of the inauguration crowds at each. What was ridiculous was the fact that Trump wanted to emphasize it in the first place, even if it had been true. Was a clear first sign of his personality disorders.

By "the election was a landslide" I was referring to Trumps comments that he, not Biden won the 2020 election by that margin. Even if you believed there was massive voter fraud (which there wasn't), you would have to be insane to believe that 2020 was a landslide in Trumps favor.
I agree it's untrue, but to prove a lie (at lest to the point Donger wants to prove when Biden says something untrue) you have to know that he doesn't really believe that. Being delusional isn't the same thing as lying.
[Reply]
Donger 12:55 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I agree it's untrue, but to prove a lie (at lest to the point Donger wants to prove when Biden says something untrue) you have to know that he doesn't really believe that. Being delusional isn't the same thing as lying.
Here you go:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/polit...ies/index.html
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:59 PM 02-18-2021
Pictures weren't the only basis. the DC Police and the media both estimated the crowd sizes too.

As the most voracious consumer of tv news as POTUS in our history, I have no doubt Trump knew he was aware of those and he was making it up.
This is the standard Donger want to use when evaluating if Biden has lied

Originally Posted by :
If it is shown that what he falsely claimed was something he knew wasn't true, that is a lie
Using that standard one could easily claim Trump thought those estimates were wrong. And as such him claiming his was bigger wouldn't be a lie. I don't buy that for a second but if that's the standard we're using for Biden we should be holding Trump to the same, right?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:01 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:

I call out lies when I see them. I don't do that selectively, like most people do.
There you go lying again. You absolutely are 100% selective in your interpretation of what a lie is and what words mean depending on who says them.
[Reply]
banyon 01:05 PM 02-18-2021
This is the standard Donger want to use when evaluating if Biden has lied

Using that standard one could easily claim Trump thought those estimates were wrong. And as such him claiming his was bigger wouldn't be a lie. I don't buy that for a second but if that's the standard we're using for Biden we should be holding Trump to the same, right?
If you are wanting to call it a lie, then I think the standard needs a bit of modification:

"Either he knew it wasn't true, or had reckless disregard for whether it was true". I think with that addition, we don't have to jump inside his head to evaluate his position.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:05 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Here you go:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/polit...ies/index.html
Help me out because I'm not reading all that, where in there does it offer proof that Trump knew his inauguration was smaller & claimed it wasn't anyway. If you're just trying to show that Trump lied I've admitted as much. I know both sides lie constantly, you seem to think lying by politicians is a Trump only problem.
[Reply]
banyon 01:07 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There you go lying again. You absolutely are 100% selective in your interpretation of what a lie is and what words mean depending on who says them.
Yeah, we also have a lot of posters around here who fail to apply that standard when throwing around the term "lie" or "liar".

They use it, like here, when there is a discussion of difference of opinion, or in some cases, where someone is mistaken about factual information, but isn't aware of the flaw in that info.

It doesn't make for a good discussion IMO.
[Reply]
Donger 01:07 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
No, I'm not. Again:

A lie is defined as claiming something you know to be false to be true. Or true when you know it's false. Just a couple of examples.

Please point out how I have been selective with the application of that definition with examples.

Then again, Trump didn't withhold, right?
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:07 PM 02-18-2021
If you are wanting to call it a lie, then I think the standard needs a bit of modification:

"Either he knew it wasn't true, or had reckless disregard for whether it was true". I think with that addition, we don't have to jump inside his head to evaluate his position.
I agree with that, so when Joe Biden says he's sending $2,000.00 checks out the door I shouldn't have to jump inside his head to figure out he's counting $600 I already got. I can live with either standard, it just needs to be applied equally.
[Reply]
banyon 01:11 PM 02-18-2021
I agree with that, so when Joe Biden says he's sending $2,000.00 checks out the door I shouldn't have to jump inside his head to figure out he's counting $600 I already got. I can live with either standard, it just needs to be applied equally.
What was the quote? i didn't listen to the town hall.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:12 PM 02-18-2021
I'm not even sure you can all either of those lies. Saying I won by a "landslide" is hard to call a lie unless you have some official definition of "landslide". Maybe to Trump a 300 to 230 EC vote was a "landslide".
How about the fact that HE LOST?
Is LOSING within any definition of a "landslide win?"

:-)
[Reply]
banyon 01:13 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:

I think he thought I was talking about Trump claiming that in 2016, which would be more of an opinion (sort of a silly one), but not a lie.
[Reply]
Donger 01:14 PM 02-18-2021
Help me out because I'm not reading all that, where in there does it offer proof that Trump knew his inauguration was smaller & claimed it wasn't anyway. If you're just trying to show that Trump lied I've admitted as much. I know both sides lie constantly, you seem to think lying by politicians is a Trump only problem.
Okay:

The most telling lie: It didn't rain on his inauguration

Trump began his presidency by lying about the weather.
It rained during Trump's inaugural address. Then, at a celebratory ball later that day, Trump told the crowd that the rain "just never came" until he finished talking and went inside, at which point "it poured."

No, I don't think that it's a Trump only problem.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:15 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:

Are you implying Trump doesn't believe he won the election if you remove the fraud he believes occurred?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:18 PM 02-18-2021
Yeah, we also have a lot of posters around here who fail to apply that standard when throwing around the term "lie" or "liar".

They use it, like here, when there is a discussion of difference of opinion, or in some cases, where someone is mistaken about factual information, but isn't aware of the flaw in that info.

It doesn't make for a good discussion IMO.
Oh I doubt Biden is lying in this case, I think he is too senile to know what he is talking about most of the time.

He has definitely lied multiple times when discussing a $2000 check.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up