ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Joe and the truth. Not friends.
F150 10:04 AM 02-18-2021

Fact check: President Biden makes at least four false statistical claims at CNN town hall https://t.co/0yO4HRoZ2C

— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 18, 2021



CNN being eaten by the left for telling the truth....read comments
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:20 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
:-) at comparing these "lies" to Trump.

Also, I'm glad we won't ever have to hear again how CNN is in the bag for Biden and would never say anything critical of him.
Hey! Cosmo likes the way Biden lies much better than the way Trump does it.

You can't make this shit up :-)
[Reply]
Donger 12:21 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Except you used one in this thread.


If you mean I'm not very good at having an intelligent conversation with someone who constantly moves the goalposts then I guess guilty as charged
Again:

That was me making fun of those who use whataboutisms...

With this:

Well, if you were okay with Trump's prolific lying during his term...

That was me saying that if Trumpers were fine with Trump's lying during his term, then they have to fine with Biden's lies, too.

Hope that helps.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:26 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Hey! Cosmo likes the way Biden lies much better than the way Trump does it.

You can't make this shit up :-)
You mean a lot less? It's a stretch to call these "lies" anyway.
If he keeps making the same claims after it being pointed out they are incorrect, let me know.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:29 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
You mean a lot less? It's a stretch to call these "lies" anyway.
If he keeps making the same claims after it being pointed out they are incorrect, let me know.
Here you go, bro. A little shout out from you to, Lyin' Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U
[Reply]
banyon 12:30 PM 02-18-2021
This is sort of the traditional "politicians lie" when they exaggerate a policy in a speech or fail to honor a campaign promise, which has only been going on since probably Sumeria.

It s a far cry from the over the top- continual gaslighting, name-calling, Joker villain esque stuff we saw from Trump over the last 4 years. Stuff that wasn't even arguable. Started with "crowd size at Inaugural bigger than Obama" through "I won the election by a landslide".
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:30 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm not defending Biden at all. Please point out where I did.
Originally Posted by Donger:
Well, if you were okay with Trump's prolific lying during his term...
There I'll show it to you again. Maybe you can say that isn't a defense, but that's really semantics. You could call it a deflection, you seem to be calling it a joke. However, the fact is you've admitted that you didn't make similar "jokes" pointing out that D's couldn't criticize Trump unless they'd done the same for Obama.

Also you've claimed you call out lies from every President, so please point out where you criticized Biden for lying. If you can't that means either you beleive Biden has never lied since he's been in office, or that he has & you haven't called him out on it like you claim to always do no matter who is president.
[Reply]
Donger 12:34 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
There I'll show it to you again. Maybe you can say that isn't a defense, but that's really semantics. You could call it a deflection, you seem to be calling it a joke. However, the fact is you've admitted that you didn't make similar "jokes" pointing out that D's couldn't criticize Trump unless they'd done the same for Obama.
Show me what again? You didn't point it out.

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Also you've claimed you call out lies from every President, so please point out where you criticized Biden for lying. If you can't that means either you beleive Biden has never lied since he's been in office, or that he has & you haven't called him out on it like you claim to always do no matter who is president.
Biden is either lying in the OP, or he isn't. If it is shown that what he falsely claimed was something he knew wasn't true, that is a lie, and I'll call him out on it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:39 PM 02-18-2021
Now it depends on what you lie about from what I'm reading here.......

Crowd size = really bad
Giving everyone 2k = no big deal
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:43 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
This is sort of the traditional "politicians lie" when they exaggerate a policy in a speech or fail to honor a campaign promise, which has only been going on since probably Sumeria.

It s a far cry from the over the top- continual gaslighting, name-calling, Joker villain esque stuff we saw from Trump over the last 4 years. Stuff that wasn't even arguable. Started with "crowd size at Inaugural bigger than Obama" through "I won the election by a landslide".
I'm not even sure you can all either of those lies. Saying I won by a "landslide" is hard to call a lie unless you have some official definition of "landslide". Maybe to Trump a 300 to 230 EC vote was a "landslide".

And unless you have actual attendance data from both inaugurations I'm not sure how you can all that a lie either. And even if you did, if Trump didn't realize how many people attended Obama's inauguration & thought his was bigger the fact that you can factually point out that Obama's was bigger doesn't matter because lying implies that you knew you were wrong. If you thought what you were saying is true then you didn't lie.

Don't take this as me claiming Trump never lied, he absolutely did as has every president probably ever. However these are not great examples.
[Reply]
Donger 12:47 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I'm not even sure you can all either of those lies. Saying I won by a "landslide" is hard to call a lie unless you have some official definition of "landslide". Maybe to Trump a 300 to 230 EC vote was a "landslide".

And unless you have actual attendance data from both inaugurations I'm not sure how you can all that a lie either. And even if you did, if Trump didn't realize how many people attended Obama's inauguration & thought his was bigger the fact that you can factually point out that Obama's was bigger doesn't matter because lying implies that you knew you were wrong. If you thought what you were saying is true then you didn't lie.

Don't take this as me claiming Trump never lied, he absolutely did as has every president probably ever. However these are not great examples.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-photos-edited
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:48 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Biden is either lying in the OP, or he isn't. If it is shown that what he falsely claimed was something he knew wasn't true, that is a lie, and I'll call him out on it.
And I'm sure when Trump was president you would only claim he lied when you knew for a fact that he made a false statement & knew it was false. I mean really by those standards no one will ever lie, they'll just say "I thought that was true".

Again you won't criticize Biden unless you have rock solid proof that he knowingly lied, you really claiming you did the same when Trump was in office?
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:49 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-photos-edited
So you know Trump saw those photos before he made that claim? MAybe he saw photos someone doctored & thought they were real. A lot of assumption going on there.
[Reply]
banyon 12:49 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I'm not even sure you can all either of those lies. Saying I won by a "landslide" is hard to call a lie unless you have some official definition of "landslide". Maybe to Trump a 300 to 230 EC vote was a "landslide".

And unless you have actual attendance data from both inaugurations I'm not sure how you can all that a lie either. And even if you did, if Trump didn't realize how many people attended Obama's inauguration & thought his was bigger the fact that you can factually point out that Obama's was bigger doesn't matter because lying implies that you knew you were wrong. If you thought what you were saying is true then you didn't lie.

Don't take this as me claiming Trump never lied, he absolutely did as has every president probably ever. However these are not great examples.
The pictures were distinct and obvious of the inauguration crowds at each. What was ridiculous was the fact that Trump wanted to emphasize it in the first place, even if it had been true. Was a clear first sign of his personality disorders.

By "the election was a landslide" I was referring to Trumps comments that he, not Biden won the 2020 election by that margin. Even if you believed there was massive voter fraud (which there wasn't), you would have to be insane to believe that 2020 was a landslide in Trumps favor.
[Reply]
Donger 12:51 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
And I'm sure when Trump was president you would only claim he lied when you knew for a fact that he made a false statement & knew it was false. I mean really by those standards no one will ever lie, they'll just say "I thought that was true".

Again you won't criticize Biden unless you have rock solid proof that he knowingly lied, you really claiming you did the same when Trump was in office?
Let's just look at one of the thousands:

Trump had a penchant for saying, "and everyone knows it's true."

He said it about election that he won.

Is that a lie?

It's funny that you think I won't apply the same standard to Biden. Are you under the impression that I support him?
[Reply]
banyon 12:51 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
So you know Trump saw those photos before he made that claim?
Pictures weren't the only basis. the DC Police and the media both estimated the crowd sizes too.

As the most voracious consumer of tv news as POTUS in our history, I have no doubt Trump knew he was aware of those and he was making it up.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up