ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The Book of Revelation - Talk 1
Chiefshrink 11:43 PM 02-17-2021
The Book of Revelation when mentioned conjures up many thoughts and feelings among many Christians and non-believers alike and often is misunderstood to be extremely confusing and how can anyone make sense of it ? And yet it is a fascinating study and when studied accurately it is quite clear and concise on almost all events with just minor debate on a few minor issues. Nothing major.

My pastor, Jeff Schwarzentraub has started this series called "The Alpha and Omega" in which he now is starting the Omega(The Book of Revelation) and I thought it would be an informative listen for all those interested in the "End Times" of which we definitely live in for sure and to make sure your soul is prepared and what will occur in the near future. Pastor Jeff is a very gifted speaker and I assure you, you will not get bored.

Enjoy!!
https://bravechurch.online/sermon/why-teach-revelation
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:44 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
The all powerful government in general for sure, trying to replace GOD and freedom with government and chains never works well for the populas.
So, you consider the govt to be all-powerful the same way god allegedly is?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:03 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
So, you consider the govt to be all-powerful the same way god allegedly is?
I certainly don't, nor should they be put up on that pedestal.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:06 PM 02-21-2021
I certainly don't, nor should they be put up on that pedestal.
Then back to my original point of god sending those poor soldiers to their death...that wasn't very nice of him.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:12 PM 02-21-2021
Then back to my original point of god sending those poor soldiers to their death...that wasn't very nice of him.
Not sure what you mean, what was the question?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:32 AM 02-22-2021
You need to listen to some debates on free will.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:02 AM 02-22-2021
Not sure what you mean, what was the question?
He's asking why an all-powerful, all-knowing God would allow bad things to happen.

It's meant to be inflammatory and likely won't be productive here.

Anyone who believes in God is likely to counter by saying God gave man free will, which essentially causes all of the bad in the world. He would likely further counter and ask why a God who knows that by giving man free will it lets all the bad things happen, so why even give them free will in the first place.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:27 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He's asking why an all-powerful, all-knowing God would allow bad things to happen.

Anyone who believes in God is likely to counter by saying God gave man free will, which essentially causes all of the bad in the world. He would likely further counter and ask why a God who knows that by giving man free will it lets all the bad things happen, so why even give them free will in the first place.
Something like that, although there are so many things you can't just explain away with free will--so many diseases, accidents, crime. Did someone's free will make someone murder them? Did a child's free will give them cancer?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:28 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
You need to listen to some debates on free will.
Those kids with terminal diseases just should have made better choices.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:55 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

GOD didn't want to create robots, what's the point in that?

You might also remember Man didn't start with the knowledge of good and evil, Eve was tempted and took from the only tree GOD told her not to and so it began...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:58 AM 02-22-2021
Something like that, although there are so many things you can't just explain away with free will--so many diseases, accidents, crime. Did someone's free will make someone murder them? Did a child's free will give them cancer?
It isn't just free will but Mans want to do it on his own, we create these problems and then scratch our collective heads and wonder why bad things happen. Murder is caused by evil, i'm sure you're familiar with such motives of selfishness or gain.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:03 AM 02-22-2021
It isn't just free will but Mans want to do it on his own, we create these problems and then scratch our collective heads and wonder why bad things happen. Murder is caused by evil, i'm sure you're familiar with such motives of selfishness or gain.
So, the murder victim is responsible for his own murder.
And the kid with terminal disease is responsible for that as well.

Either god is not all-powerful or he is and is just a cruel POS. Which is it?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:07 AM 02-22-2021
GOD didn't want to create robots, what's the point in that?

You might also remember Man didn't start with the knowledge of good and evil, Eve was tempted and took from the only tree GOD told her not to and so it began...
So someone way back when did something that they weren't supposed to, so billions of people who didn't do that are punished for it, many by unbelievably sick and painful methods. Sounds completely sane.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:07 AM 02-22-2021
So, the murder victim is responsible for his own murder.
And the kid with terminal disease is responsible for that as well.

Either god is not all-powerful or he is and is just a cruel POS. Which is it?
GOD has promised to leave us to our own devices until the world is such a hellhole he has no choice but to intervene, we're the ones that asked for this so GOD will give it back to us in spades. To put it short we're running out of time, this existence is finite.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:09 AM 02-22-2021
So someone way back when did something that they weren't supposed to, so billions of people who didn't do that are punished for it, many by unbelievably sick and painful methods. Sounds completely sane.
I don't make the rules but the one who does Made everything and stands outside of time and space that He created. Do you think we're smarter than GOD? Do you think we can hurt GOD by any means other than his love for us? He made it, he creates the rules it's not easy for anyone we're all sinners including me.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:12 AM 02-22-2021
GOD has promised to leave us to our own devices until the world is such a hellhole he has no choice but to intervene, we're the ones that asked for this so GOD will give it back to us in spades. To put it short we're running out of time, this existence is finite.
Here's some cancer, kid. Sorry, but some lady ate an apple when I told her not to eat the apple.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up