ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
The Marty Lounge>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
I plan to get one in the future, what are your plans?

If so what are your pluses or minuses ?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:20 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I would love to test ride an Electric Motorcycle.
The Harley Livewire looks like fun and for pure speed the Lightning LS-218 capable of 218mph sounds like a riot.
That would be as close to pavement flying you could get. No noise, all acceleration!

Prices though make it pretty poor considering motorcycles don't sip fuel all that much.
But it would be interesting to try one out.
Do you think that will catch on? I don’t see an electric bike matching with the Harley culture at all.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:25 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Manual Transmission is technically outdated and inferior in power delivery and economy to most modern transmissions. But the point isn't efficiency; it's in the fun of rowing your gears and having on demand control of where you want to be in the powerband.
I got a lot of enjoyment out of burning out the clutch in my manual Mazda transmission when I was in high school.

And I'm looking forward to when self driving cars mean that there are no longer idiots like my 18 year old self doing stupid **** on the road.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:39 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Do you think that will catch on? I don’t see an electric bike matching with the Harley culture at all.
I just see Harley trying to expand their market. They have really struggled by only focusing for their niche “Harley Culture”. This has left them very vulnerable and sales have dropped significantly. Meanwhile other motorcycle companies have flourished by offering a wide expanse of options.

We will see about the E.Motorcycle. I applaud Harley for being out front.
For those that follow the Long Way Series with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman they used Harley Livewire for their adventure.


https://www.longwayup.com/
[Reply]
vailpass 10:53 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
"put it in second and pop the clutch"

breathing fire!
Red Barchetta.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:18 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
A gleaming Red Barchetta from a better vanished time
fyp


:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 11:36 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
fyp


:-)
:-)

I knew you’d get it.
[Reply]
oldman 12:00 AM 02-23-2021
No doubt EVs are the future, GM has said they will be out of the gas car business by 2035. I think today's cars are fine for commuting and such, but the thing that bothers me is the current range. We still drive to Denver and I don't really want to stay in Colby, Ks overnight. When you can get 500-600 miles from a charge, or get a 300 mile charge with the same time it takes to fill a 20 gallon tank with gas, you might get more people to buy in.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:18 AM 02-23-2021
They don't offer an option that fits my needs, but if they did I would.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:41 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
No doubt EVs are the future, GM has said they will be out of the gas car business by 2035. I think today's cars are fine for commuting and such, but the thing that bothers me is the current range. We still drive to Denver and I don't really want to stay in Colby, Ks overnight. When you can get 500-600 miles from a charge, or get a 300 mile charge with the same time it takes to fill a 20 gallon tank with gas, you might get more people to buy in.
I agree that the range is really the only deterrent for me. I work in sales and in some sales jobs I've had, I drive all over the SW region and others I drive just within Los Angeles. So when I'm driving around this much I think "man wouldn't it be great if the car drove itself and I could just work like I'm in the office, I'd get 2x done daily or I could watch a movie on long drives... the annoying part of my Lil daydream would be stopping for extended periods on longer trips to charge. You would have to coordinate them with food stops or whatever. So instead of Tesla, I'm considering the new Jeep 4xe hybrid. Only gets 25 miles electric, but that is perfect for daily driving in the city and then switch to gas on road trips. Plus I love the outdoors and the Jeep can go anywhere.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:02 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I just see Harley trying to expand their market. They have really struggled by only focusing for their niche “Harley Culture”. This has left them very vulnerable and sales have dropped significantly. Meanwhile other motorcycle companies have flourished by offering a wide expanse of options.

We will see about the E.Motorcycle. I applaud Harley for being out front.
For those that follow the Long Way Series with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman they used Harley Livewire for their adventure.


https://www.longwayup.com/
The whole idea of the Harley is stupid. It's so loud and they jack the handle bars way up. Looks like just a terribly uncomfortable way to ride a motorcycle and they are fucking annoying. I hate them.
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:14 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The whole idea of the Harley is stupid. It's so loud and they jack the handle bars way up. Looks like just a terribly uncomfortable way to ride a motorcycle and they are fucking annoying. I hate them.
A lot of people have that attitude about Harley. Me, I want them to be successful. Harley is a great American Mo.Co. In the past they have been very innovative and in my opinion they need to be privately held so Wall Street doesn't make the decisions based on previous success. The reality is that the market age group for the big Harleys is dying out. Todays youth doesn't want a big bagger all chromed out, they want options. Plus Harley makes such good machines they last forever, so no reason to purchase a new one.
They need to adapt, hence the Livewire makes great sense.
I'm pulling for them. We need an American based Motorcycle Company.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:17 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The whole idea of the Harley is stupid. It's so loud and they jack the handle bars way up. Looks like just a terribly uncomfortable way to ride a motorcycle and they are ****ing annoying. I hate them.
Come on now. I’m not a Harley person but that classic V twin sound is badass.

I hope they survive as well.
[Reply]
backinblack 10:33 AM 02-23-2021
kids these days don't appreciate a good exhaust
[Reply]
BWillie 11:01 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
A lot of people have that attitude about Harley. Me, I want them to be successful. Harley is a great American Mo.Co. In the past they have been very innovative and in my opinion they need to be privately held so Wall Street doesn't make the decisions based on previous success. The reality is that the market age group for the big Harleys is dying out. Todays youth doesn't want a big bagger all chromed out, they want options. Plus Harley makes such good machines they last forever, so no reason to purchase a new one.
They need to adapt, hence the Livewire makes great sense.
I'm pulling for them. We need an American based Motorcycle Company.
South Park I think ruined them. I hope they reinvent too. Harley is just such a strong brand but only for certain people. I've heard alot of Harley people get super pissed if they even hear that Harley will make a different type of motorcycle etc.




[Reply]
philfree 11:43 AM 02-23-2021
I always thought Harley Davidson should make Jet Skis. You could be a badass cruising the lake on your Harley in your black neoprene biker vest/life jacket.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up