ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 69
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Rush Limbaugh dead
RunKC 11:14 AM 02-17-2021
Damn

No words ... I just got news the Rush Limbaugh has passed away.
thanks Rush for all you taught, gave and were. A hero to many. An icon. A patriot. A revolutionary that saved radio.
Heavens gain, our loss.

— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) February 17, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:31 PM 02-21-2021
Your ghoulish pride in the death of babies is duly noted, freak
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:14 AM 02-22-2021

[Reply]
Raiderhader 10:50 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
“Owning the Libs” seems to be the only thing these folks are good for: Rush, Trump, Ben Shapiro, Glen Beck, the list is endless.

In terms of getting the US Political System to implement actual policies and shift where budget dollars go (things that impact our lives).......they’re worthless.

In the end, all their life’s work just leads straight back to the dead end of GOP special interests. And that’s by design.

Rush was crucial in the '94 GOP take over of the House that led to welfare reform and a balanced budget. I also think he deserves at least some credit for the defeat of the Gang of Eight immigration disaster because he kept calling it the amnesty bill that it really was.

But in the end, he himself was grappling with the idea of failing politically.

From just a couple of months ago -

Originally Posted by Rush:
You know, I’ve for 30 whatever number of years… Folks, I consider… (groans) How to talk about this? I consider… (sigh) Oh, how to say this? On one hand, looking at me from outside you think, “Wow, overwhelming success. Successful radio program, most-listened-to show in history.” AM radio? People thought it was dead. “Limbaugh comes along and it’s saved,” they say.

You know, I’m not gonna sit here and deny that. But, folks, I gotta tell you, there’s a large part of me that feels like I have failed in such a major way, in a political sense. I’ve had 30 years here to try to convince people, to try to persuade people, to try to encourage people to think — critically think — on their own, to realize the difference between conservatism and liberalism, the difference between the Republican Party and the Democrat Party as it relates to conservative versus liberal.

I know there’s RINOs, and I know that the Republican Party in the establishment wing of Washington, it’s not that different from the Democrats. But conservatism versus liberalism. And then I got some help, you know, starting in 1996, here comes Fox. Prior to that, talk radio with other hosts, then we got the blogosphere, and there’s an entire conservative media now called the alternative media.

But it’s big, and it is successful — and even with all of that, there’s still far more people than should be voting for Democrats, voting for the left. I chalk it up in part to having failed to convince people, persuade people of the truth.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:32 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
On the 'big' issues of the 'conservative' case for America, merit, opportunity, liberty, limited government, etc., his sales job is like that of the healthy vegetable vendor.

Everyone knows deep down that it's the right thing to do, but everyone also is constantly yearning for a shortcut, some way they can get ahead by giving government power to make their lives better than they can make it themselves.

American Constitutional government is still our best mechanism for balancing the restraint of human nature's bases impulses and promoting their aspirational impulses, but our base impulses are ever vigilant for a better deal.

So it's easy to feel like a failure because it's a tough sale, but it's a worthwhile sale and deep down people know that, they just have to be constantly reminded.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:05 PM 02-22-2021
Rush was crucial in the '94 GOP take over of the House that led to welfare reform and a balanced budget. I also think he deserves at least some credit for the defeat of the Gang of Eight immigration disaster because he kept calling it the amnesty bill that it really was.

The downfall of conservatism will never be about fiscal issues. It will always be the anchor of unpopular cultural items in tow. This tweet always sums it up best for me:

Conservative: I have been censored for my conservative views

Me: Holy shit! You were censored for wanting lower taxes?

Con: LOL no...no not those views

Me: So....deregulation?

Con: Haha no not those views either

Me: Which views, exactly?

Con: Oh, you know the ones

— Andrew Lawrence (@ndrew_lawrence) October 11, 2018

[Reply]
Raiderhader 01:44 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
On the 'big' issues of the 'conservative' case for America, merit, opportunity, liberty, limited government, etc., his sales job is like that of the healthy vegetable vendor.

Everyone knows deep down that it's the right thing to do, but everyone also is constantly yearning for a shortcut, some way they can get ahead by giving government power to make their lives better than they can make it themselves.

American Constitutional government is still our best mechanism for balancing the restraint of human nature's bases impulses and promoting their aspirational impulses, but our base impulses are ever vigilant for a better deal.

So it's easy to feel like a failure because it's a tough sale, but it's a worthwhile sale and deep down people know that, they just have to be constantly reminded.

I certainly do not disagree with any of this. However, I do believe there is a another aspect also at play, and that is fear of the democrat's smear campaign. People don't like being called racists, and bigots and so on and so forth. People are scared to speak out for fear of the backlash. And because they do not push back against it the opposition grows stronger as it is percieved to be the majority belief system.

Rush, and a few others out there, can sell it and those listening can truly buy it but, if they lack the courage to actually take action on those beliefs it becomes an exercise in futility on behalf of the seller.

The silent majority cannot find its collective voice on election day only and expect to win long term.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 01:50 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The downfall of conservatism will never be about fiscal issues. It will always be the anchor of unpopular cultural items in tow. This tweet always sums it up best for me:

I know what you mean. It's like when Trump lost in 2016 being staunchly pro-life and wanting to build a wall on our southern border. Oh, wait...

Rush never bought into that garbage notion and neither do I. It is not an issue of the issues but, rather, an issue of failing to properly articulate why we are on the side of the issue we are on and cutting through the oppositions emotional rhetoric.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:33 PM 02-22-2021

Rush converted a very sizeable chunk of the white electorate to the GOP, partic in the South and in Rural areas. But while he was doing that, Pube politicians were drowning Rush’s listeners with massive nonwhite immigration.

Rush couldn’t keep pace with these subhuman politicians. In a perverse way, the more he converted for them, the more emboldened they were in sucking off Big Biz.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 04:36 PM 02-22-2021
Rush converted a very sizeable chunk of the white electorate to the GOP, partic in the South and in Rural areas. But while he was doing that, Pube politicians were drowning Rush’s listeners with massive nonwhite immigration.

Rush couldn’t keep pace with these subhuman politicians. In a perverse way, the more he converted for them, the more emboldened they were in sucking off Big Biz.
More or less, yes.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:09 PM 02-22-2021
Based:

Rush Limbaugh in 1988: I Was Called An Anti-Semite For Saying Jewish Lobby

In a rare television interview from 1988, the conservative talk radio host discusses getting into hot water with Jewish groups for using the term "Jewish lobby" when he first moved to New York. "You can say Jewish lobby anywhere but New York and no one will notice."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...i-semite-for-s
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:45 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Matthew 26:41

41 Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body/flesh is weak!”
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:27 AM 02-25-2021
It looks like he and Ronald Raygun did reach Boomers

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:31 AM 02-25-2021
It looks like he and Ronald Raygun did reach Boomers

People tend to trend more conservative over time, if they are capable of learning.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 11:52 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
People tend to trend more conservative over time, if they are capable of learning.
This true for people that have accumulated property and wealth by holding themselves accountable. For dolts that look to suck off the government tit (see Libtards on the board)
Not so much.
[Reply]
SFfan79 12:00 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

This has to be the stupidest tweet out there. And you believing that stupid tweet speaks volumes about you.

There is no downfall of conservatism. It's being silenced and censored by lemmings on the left. Conservatives want to live their life, not be told that the way they live their life is wrong. Yet leftist lemmings insert their beliefs in everything because they think their way is the ONLY way that life should be lived. From environmental wacknuts to racist aholes, your side always says we're something when we're not.

Emotions over everything.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 69
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up