ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Clowns to the left of me . . .
NinerDoug 07:08 AM 02-02-2021
I think I understand how she got to be a “former” university professor.

Crazy Bernie is privileged to be crazy. Ok.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/02/teache...lege-in-op-ed/

San Francisco teacher writes in op-ed: Bernie Sanders’ mittens a ‘lesson in white privilege

A San Francisco high school teacher wrote an Op-ed claiming Sen. Bernie Sanders “manifests privilege” for wearing his meme-evoking inauguration outfit.

Ingrid Seyer-Ochi, a former UC Berkeley professor, wrote in the San Francisco Chronicle that the Vermont senator’s choice of recycled wool mittens mittens was integrated into her class discussion on US diversity and discrimination.

Initially, on Inauguration Day, Seyer-Ochi said her class talked about the deeper meanings of the historic day — including “the vulnerability of democracy” and “the power of ritual” and gender.

Sanders, the teacher said, was not even on their radar until he became an instant internet sensation over his mittens and brown parka.

“I puzzled and fumed as an individual as I strove to be my best possible teacher. What did I see? What did I think my students should see?” Seyer-Ochi wrote.

“A wealthy, incredibly well-educated and -privileged white man, showing up for perhaps the most important ritual of the decade, in a puffy jacket and huge mittens.”

The senator, she said, “manifests privilege, white privilege, male privilege and class privilege, in ways that my students could see and feel.”

Seyer-Ochi said in the op-ed that many people without privilege would not be able to dress like Sanders did on such an occasion.

“I don’t know many poor, or working class, or female, or struggling-to-be-taken-seriously folk who would show up at the inauguration of our 46th president dressed like Bernie,” she said.

The op-ed left many people on social media scratching their heads.

“So Bernie represents the terrible privilege of the white & rich because he *reads article* didn’t wear expensive clothes,” one commenter on Twitter wrote.

“Apparently it is privilege to dress comfortably and NOT privilege to wear expensive designer clothing while the media talks about ensembles like it’s a red carpet event,” another Twitter user commented.

A third person on Twitter wrote: “The only ‘privilege’ I see right now is being able to publish a bad faith opinion piece in a newspaper with a paywall,” one commenter on Twitter wrote.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:09 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I'm not sure how that helps, but ok.
Uhhh, it's visual.
[Reply]
loochy 01:25 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Uhhh, it's visual.

So am I supposed to be outraged by her looks? Is she hot or something? To me, it looks like a run of the mill middle aged woman...nothing remarkable at all, really.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:29 PM 02-02-2021
Did any of them show up yet to defend this yet?

I see stuff like this and I roll my eyes and cringe because it makes Ds look stupid. Really stupid.

But this unknown lady just has a really stupid opinion and reasoning. But it's another level of crazy detached-from-reality insanity to get to the whackjob Qanon stuff from actual elected Rs like Marjorie Taylor Greene. And a whole of that batshit crazy Qanon stuff is really not that far from the mainstream of CPs RWers.
That's a good point. I don't think there is anyone of the left side of the aisle in Congress who has taken a dive down the rabbit whole like Ms. Greene. She is certifiable.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:32 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
So am I supposed to be outraged by her looks? Is she hot or something? To me, it looks like a run of the mill middle aged woman...nothing remarkable at all, really.
No, I don't think so.

No, definitely not.

Anybody ever heard of posting a picture of an individual that nobody knows so we can see what they look like????
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:43 PM 02-02-2021
Don't forget that you're a clown as well, for enabling this and ruining my state
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:43 PM 02-02-2021
San Francisco is getting wacked out in other ways as well. They just de-named a bunch of schools - Washington and Lincoln are are now personas non grata.

I just love it when people apply moral standards of the 21st Century to people who lived in the 19th, 18th, or before.

Really, really, stupid.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:45 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Don't forget that you're a clown as well, for enabling this and ruining my state
Look, dude. You're a moron, ok? The sooner you accept that fact of life, which will never change, the happier you will be.

You're welcome.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:47 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
No, I don't think so.

No, definitely not.

Anybody ever heard of posting a picture of an individual that nobody knows so we can see what they look like????
Here's how it works:

When somebody says something crazy, often a pic is posted to illustrate that the person didn't just say something crazy, they also LOOK crazy. It reinforces and emphasizes just how crazy they are.

The person you posted just looks like a pretty much regular person. So, no real point in posting it.

A corollary to this is that if someone says something you disagree with, like if they are outspoken against Trump, and it turns out that they are really fat or ugly, then a Trumper will post a pic in an attempt to discredit what they said by showing that the person is not attractive. Or is black. Or foreign. Or Jewish, etc. Because those types of people can be discredited by how they look or where they came from.
[Reply]
loochy 01:56 PM 02-02-2021

A corollary to this is that if someone says something you disagree with, like if they are outspoken against Trump, and it turns out that they are really fat or ugly, then a Trumper will post a pic in an attempt to discredit what they said by showing that the person is not attractive. Or is black. Or foreign. Or Jewish, etc. Because those types of people can be discredited by how they look or where they came from.

Well yeah, you just made a list of clearly inferior people types. Of course they can (and should) be discredited.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:57 PM 02-02-2021
Here's how it works:

When somebody says something crazy, often a pic is posted to illustrate that the person didn't just say something crazy, they also LOOK crazy. It reinforces and emphasizes just how crazy they are.

The person you posted just looks like a pretty much regular person. So, no real point in posting it.......
Got it. Make sure to clear picture posts with cosmo first. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:34 PM 02-02-2021
Well I’ll tell you why I came here tonight
Because the losers on the left aren’t right
The way that sleepy Joe just stares
And sniffs up every young girls hair

Clowns to the left of me racists to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle with you

Yes I’m stuck in the middle it’s true
Who knows what the lefts gonna do
The current presidents lost in space
And a young girl is what he wants to taste

Niner Doug is as dumb as they come
20 bucks says he’d drink Sleepy Joe’s cum
Lone Iguana puts large things in his bum
And his boyfriend beats his ass like a drum

Clowns to the left of me, racists to the right
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:46 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Well I’ll tell you why I came here tonight
Because the losers on the left aren’t right
The way that sleepy Joe just stares
And sniffs up every young girls hair

Yes I’m stuck in the middle it’s true
Who knows what the lefts gonna do
The current presidents lost in space
And a young girl is what he wants to taste

Niner Doug is as dumb as they come
20 bucks says he’d drink Sleepy Joe’s cum
Lone Iguana puts large things in his bum
And his boyfriend beats his ass like a drum

Clowns to the left of me, racists to the right
A for effort. However, you should keep your homosexual fantasies to yourself. To the contrary of your opinion, you gay people are a very small minority. Sorry, but it's true.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:58 PM 02-02-2021
"I puzzled and fumed as an individual as I strove to be my best possible teacher."

:-)

For Ingrid, it's not a matter of "why commit suicide" ... but "why not?" She should not be a teacher of children. Of any age. Ever.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:05 PM 02-02-2021
Steeler's Wheel-Gerry Rafferty
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:05 PM 02-02-2021
it proves that some can only see things as racist. everything is racist. No matter what.

Mittens, covid, air, ketchup. It will not end until every person, EVERY PERSON, feels guilty of their own existence.

I would also assume they are VERY UNHAPPY humanoids.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up