ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Where is the cheapest and best place to get Microsoft Office?
Chief Roundup 03:02 PM 01-13-2021
I am needing Microsoft Office that has Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. all included. I found on Microsoft.com that it is $149. Surely there has to be a cheaper deal that that.
Also I have seen there is a Microsoft Office 365. It is only like $35.00 and comes with more than just the main 3 programs.
I am not sure which to purchase and why a person would purchase one over the other. Trying to make the best purchase.
[Reply]
Fish 03:09 PM 01-13-2021
Office online is free, you just have to create a Microsoft account. It's the web versions of the apps, but mostly fully functional.

If you want the physical apps, you have to go with O365, which is $99/year.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:39 PM 01-13-2021
Do you know anyone who is a student or teacher and has a school email address?
Check here to see if their school qualifies for free Office. There's also a link there, "Not Eligible? See More Options" that will get you office 365 Personal (1 user) for $69.99/year.


https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/students
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:42 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do you know anyone who is a student or teacher and has a school email address?
Check here to see if their school qualifies for free Office. There's also a link there, "Not Eligible? See More Options" that will get you office 365 Personal (1 user) for $69.99/year.


https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/students
I work for a college so I will have to check into that.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:17 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I work for a college so I will have to check into that.
Hope it works out for you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I am needing Microsoft Office that has Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. all included. I found on Microsoft.com that it is $149. Surely there has to be a cheaper deal that that.
Also I have seen there is a Microsoft Office 365. It is only like $35.00 and comes with more than just the main 3 programs.
I am not sure which to purchase and why a person would purchase one over the other. Trying to make the best purchase.
I pay $1 a week for O365 on 5 devices because it was easier than proving the teacher discount fo $100 for the retail version. Can cancel at any time.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:26 PM 01-13-2021
Google docs or libreOffice If your running Linux.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:04 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do you know anyone who is a student or teacher and has a school email address?
Check here to see if their school qualifies for free Office. There's also a link there, "Not Eligible? See More Options" that will get you office 365 Personal (1 user) for $69.99/year.


https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/students
That is such highway fkn robbery.

That's why I'm still using an older version of Office on my home PCs. I think I paid like $70 for a three seat license, from Microsoft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Google docs or libreOffice If your running Linux.
That would be my first recommendation but some people have to have Office for compatibility reasons.

I use Apple's suite (Keynote, Pages, Numbers) and I never have any issues. Also don't have to pay MS for their bullshit.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:57 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That would be my first recommendation but some people have to have Office for compatibility reasons.

I use Apple's suite (Keynote, Pages, Numbers) and I never have any issues. Also don't have to pay MS for their bullshit.
Yeah, getting away without using M$ Office is a neat trick if you can do it. But most need it. For me, Excel alone is well worth the money. Too, though those alternatives named here are often adequate they aren't as smooth or as seamlessly integrated as M$. Apple is fine but 95% of the world uses M$ for business and it then becomes a pain in the ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yeah, getting away without using M$ Office is a neat trick if you can do it. But most need it. For me, Excel alone is well worth the money. Too, though those alternatives named here are often adequate they aren't as smooth or as seamlessly integrated as M$. Apple is fine but 95% of the world uses M$ for business and it then becomes a pain in the ass.
Other than some bullshit that I hate like VLOOKUP, I can do everything I need to do in Numbers and save it in Excel format for other people to use.

I actually prefer the Apple suite, it's more user friendly. Imagine that. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:48 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Other than some bullshit that I hate like VLOOKUP, I can do everything I need to do in Numbers and save it in Excel format for other people to use.

I actually prefer the Apple suite, it's more user friendly. Imagine that. :-)
Donít you blaspheme cowboy!

Who doesnít love VLOOKUP? What kind of heathen are you?

Like Vail, my world runs through excel and itís worth the money.

If I were in a different industry it would probably be google docs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:01 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Donít you blaspheme cowboy!

Who doesnít love VLOOKUP? What kind of heathen are you?

Like Vail, my world runs through excel and itís worth the money.

If I were in a different industry it would probably be google docs.
It's my own damn fault. I made the conscious decision to trade in Visio for Excel. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:09 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's my own damn fault. I made the conscious decision to trade in Visio for Excel. :-)
Thatís fair.

Just gotta sling some shit. :-)

Weíre running dork smack up in here. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 07:11 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Other than some bullshit that I hate like VLOOKUP, I can do everything I need to do in Numbers and save it in Excel format for other people to use.

I actually prefer the Apple suite, it's more user friendly. Imagine that. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up