ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 27
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.


[Reply]
listopencil 08:22 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If you have Hulu, you can watch the 2nd episode of the Dick Van Dyke show to see the same exact kitchen, even down to the old tube radio sitting on a shelf, as was shown in the first episode of WandaVision.

The set director did an amazing job of replicating absolutely everything.



Yeah, I think it's going to be very cool, especially considering that a huge portion of the audience watching WV grew up watching classic sitcoms such as Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke.

I'm super excited to see where it goes next.

I noticed the similarities because they pretty much slap you right in the face with it from the beginning. The ottoman that Vision walks through right after they enter the living room made me smile but then they just keep pouring it on and, to me, it becomes a derivative mess rather than an homage. I'll check back in to this thread at a later time to see how you guys are reacting to it but for now I'll try to stay out so as not to become a wet blanket.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01-16-2021, 08:55 PM
This message has been deleted by Buehler445. Reason: dumb
DaneMcCloud 09:29 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I noticed the similarities because they pretty much slap you right in the face with it from the beginning.

The ottoman that Vision walks through right after they enter the living room made me smile but then they just keep pouring it on and, to me, it becomes a derivative mess rather than an homage.
Yeah, but that’s the point. :-)

Something traumatic has happened to Scarlet Witch and her mind’s defense mechanism has placed her into familiar and safe surroundings. She feels that something is wrong and amiss but she can’t place her finger on it.

As soon as she figures out that everything is wrong, the episode ends and she finds herself and Vision placed into yet another set of familiar and safe surroundings.

We heard an unidentified voice say “Who did this to you?”, so this is definitely not happening in the corporeal world and she’s somehow being manipulated. What makes this interesting is the “Who” and the “When” of why this is happening to her.

Kevin Feige has stated that this occurs after Endgame but that’s all we really know after two episodes and I’ll bet it will be a few more weeks before we really know what’s going on.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Looks absolutely awful
That's about enough of your beatnik enthusiasm.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 07:03 AM 01-17-2021
I gather from reading through the comments to this point and not seeing any kind of mention of it that this is not based off of a comic book storyline but? This is original material, yes?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:34 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I gather from reading through the comments to this point and not seeing any kind of mention of it that this is not based off of a comic book storyline but? This is original material, yes?
Kind of.

I watched some dork videos on YouTube that suggest itís loosely based off of the Scarlet Witch House of M series. Which Iíve never read so I canít corroborate but it seems reasonable given the fact that theyíre dorks and analyzed every frame of the trailers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:35 AM 01-17-2021
And apparently the French translation of the name of the syrup in the first episode is House of Misery.

Who doesn’t love some syrup made by the house of misery?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:07 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched some dork videos on YouTube that suggest itís loosely based off of the Scarlet Witch House of M series.
This is how the lead up to House of M started. Wanda having the kids was a big part of the lead up.
[Reply]
rydogg58 10:08 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Kind of.

I watched some dork videos on YouTube that suggest itís loosely based off of the Scarlet Witch House of M series. Which Iíve never read so I canít corroborate but it seems reasonable given the fact that theyíre dorks and analyzed every frame of the trailers.
I think it might be based on it. I've never read any of the Scarlet Witch, but my daughter does. Last night she begged me to take her to the comic book store so she could get the rest of the series that she's convinced it's based off of. We were able to find the last 4 that she didn't already have, and I picked up book 1 of the Constantine Original Sins graphic novel. Never been a Constantine fan, but I enjoyed it so far.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:45 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And apparently the French translation of the name of the syrup in the first episode is House of Misery.

Who doesnít love some syrup made by the house of misery?
Wine, . .. with breakfast, . . . for dinner.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:55 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And apparently the French translation of the name of the syrup in the first episode is House of Misery.

Who doesnít love some syrup made by the house of misery?
House of M(isery)?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:24 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I gather from reading through the comments to this point and not seeing any kind of mention of it that this is not based off of a comic book storyline but? This is original material, yes?
As some have said there are some comic storylines that are influencing the show.

Video here lists out more comic book influences and other Easter eggs. It does contain spoilers so viewer beware.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:43 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wine, . .. with breakfast, . . . for dinner.
Oh hell. My bad. Wine.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 12:22 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Kind of.

I watched some dork videos on YouTube that suggest it’s loosely based off of the Scarlet Witch House of M series. Which I’ve never read so I can’t corroborate but it seems reasonable given the fact that they’re dorks and analyzed every frame of the trailers.
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
As some have said there are some comic storylines that are influencing the show.

Video here lists out more comic book influences and other Easter eggs. It does contain spoilers so viewer beware.

Spoiler!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And apparently the French translation of the name of the syrup in the first episode is House of Misery.

Who doesn’t love some syrup made by the house of misery?
On a semi-but not really related note, I had bourbon barrel aged maple syrup on my waffles this morning. Maple syrup has never been so good.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:35 PM 01-17-2021
I'm sorry, but there's a reason people don't watch 50's style shows anymore. They're outdated, the jokes aren't funny, the laughtracks are annoying, and outside of nostalgia there isn't a place for them in entertaining television nowadays.

They wanted to pay homage to them, I get it, and it is bold for them to try and they've done a great job recreating that type of television, but to take up the first two episodes with a majority of that content was just a chore to get through. We get it, they're trapped in some sort of illusion, some sort of fake reality. Outside of a guy almost choking at a dinner table and a beekeeper getting out of a manhole cover, I couldn't have less interest in episode 3. Sorry but it's been boring as shit the first two episodes and doesn't make me want to watch the upcoming ones, just to sit through 23 minutes of gibberish while only a few spots are actually intriguing and keep my attention. Bold? Yes. Entertaining? Fuck no.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 01:00 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'm sorry, but there's a reason people don't watch 50's style shows anymore. They're outdated, the jokes aren't funny, the laughtracks are annoying, and outside of nostalgia there isn't a place for them in entertaining television nowadays.

They wanted to pay homage to them, I get it, and it is bold for them to try and they've done a great job recreating that type of television, but to take up the first two episodes with a majority of that content was just a chore to get through. We get it, they're trapped in some sort of illusion, some sort of fake reality. Outside of a guy almost choking at a dinner table and a beekeeper getting out of a manhole cover, I couldn't have less interest in episode 3. Sorry but it's been boring as shit the first two episodes and doesn't make me want to watch the upcoming ones, just to sit through 23 minutes of gibberish while only a few spots are actually intriguing and keep my attention. Bold? Yes. Entertaining? Fuck no.
There is entertainment outside of sex, action and bad language. As shallow as the 50ís and 60ís shows may seem, todayís television is largely just as shallow, just in a different way.

But to each their own.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 27
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up