ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.


[Reply]
tatorhog 02:39 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Why not try out SGC? I've seen a lot of people moving over to SGC over PSA lately. Their slabs sure do look and feel better than PSA. Their grading from what I have run across has always been spot on.
I really like sgc for older cards. I don't know why, but I've always like them in that regard. I really haven't looked at them seriously to submit to. I could be waaay off here, but it just seems like high grade psa brings more than high grade sgc of the same card.

For stuff in my collection, I don't really care who the grader is. Mainly its about preserving the card to be honest. But when it comes to flipping some, I've had better results with psa than other graders.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 02:42 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
The Jeff Malone is a much harder card, in my opinion. But yes, Moore is included. lol
Yes, the early days of the SSP.

But Jordan came up 2-4 times per box though.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 02:55 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I really like sgc for older cards. I don't know why, but I've always like them in that regard. I really haven't looked at them seriously to submit to. I could be waaay off here, but it just seems like high grade psa brings more than high grade sgc of the same card.

For stuff in my collection, I don't really care who the grader is. Mainly its about preserving the card to be honest. But when it comes to flipping some, I've had better results with psa than other graders.
Yep, PSA does sell better. Beckett even sell better.

Every time I look at a card SGC graded I can find a way to agree with the grade it was given. PSA and Beckett I can't say the same. At least Beckett has sub grades, which I do like.

My personal collection I really could care less about graded cards. I don't trust them very much. Send a card in to PSA it will come back one grade crack it open and send it in to Beckett and it will come back another grade, send it in to SGC and I'm sure the same will happen. It all just feel like some racket.

Have you ever thought about buying unsealed slabs and making your own labels if you are wanting to just preserve?
[Reply]
tatorhog 03:04 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:

Have you ever thought about buying unsealed slabs and making your own labels if you are wanting to just preserve?
Nah, I'm pretty partial to just using Card Saver I for everything. They are inexpensive, cards do not slip out at all, and they fit perfectly into bcw brand boxes.

I do have a couple custom PSA slabs, but I didn't submit them. One is a backless 1993 finest refractor, which is one my favorite cards. It almost looks embossed (obviously its not) on the reverse and has the refractor shine as well. I have no idea what the manufacturing process is for refractors, but if this is legit, it looks like the front is printed, then adhered to the back. If that's the case, then this looks like a cut copy of the front only, prior to having a back glued to it. Its not expensive, its just unique and I thought it was cool. Most of my personal collection is stuff I simply like, vs what is highly desirable, etc.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 04:25 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Nah, I'm pretty partial to just using Card Saver I for everything. They are inexpensive, cards do not slip out at all, and they fit perfectly into bcw brand boxes.

I do have a couple custom PSA slabs, but I didn't submit them. One is a backless 1993 finest refractor, which is one my favorite cards. It almost looks embossed (obviously its not) on the reverse and has the refractor shine as well. I have no idea what the manufacturing process is for refractors, but if this is legit, it looks like the front is printed, then adhered to the back. If that's the case, then this looks like a cut copy of the front only, prior to having a back glued to it. Its not expensive, its just unique and I thought it was cool. Most of my personal collection is stuff I simply like, vs what is highly desirable, etc.
Never been a big fan of Card Saver's. If I had to choose I would definitely choose I over II though. But I somehow always have a box of 200 on hand. Personally I like a top loaders that are team bagged. Don't care for the one touch jiggle.

What player is the missing back?
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:11 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Never been a big fan of Card Saver's. If I had to choose I would definitely choose I over II though. But I somehow always have a box of 200 on hand. Personally I like a top loaders that are team bagged. Don't care for the one touch jiggle.

What player is the missing back?
I gave up on top loaders a while ago. Had a card slip out when one was dropped and it ended up singing it up a little. Inexpensive whoops, but lesson learned for me. Card savers have just been my go-to since.

The 93 refractor is Eckersly. Iíll post some pics somewhere and link them sometime.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:51 AM 06-05-2020

[Reply]
tatorhog 07:43 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
What player is the missing back?


[Reply]
arrowheadnation 08:00 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:

This is so weird. I've never seen a green flip in a PSA holder. It's definitely from the earlier days of PSA. As for that "card"....someone just separated the front half of the card (the chrome part) with the back half of the card (the paper part)...you can still see the left over adhesive on his butt. Strange, I don't think they would ever put something like this in a slab today.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 08:02 AM 06-05-2020
So I already have a pretty massive come-up in just a couple weeks time. I paid $850 for my card in the OP. The one on ebay sold for $1750!
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:21 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
This is so weird. I've never seen a green flip in a PSA holder. It's definitely from the earlier days of PSA. As for that "card"....someone just separated the front half of the card (the chrome part) with the back half of the card (the paper part)...you can still see the left over adhesive on his butt. Strange, I don't think they would ever put something like this in a slab today.
I think the flip just indicates that it was submitted to be encapsulated. There is no auth grade or anything other than it just being entombed in a case. Its not expensive and I didn't pay much anyway. I just thought it was unique and cool.
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:38 AM 06-05-2020
Here are a few Chiefs rookies from my PC. These are just some of my favorite ones. I didn't get into any of my DT cards, or other Chiefs rookies.


1960 Stram
Spoiler!


1960 Haynes
Spoiler!


1960 Burford
Spoiler!


1961 Robinson
Spoiler!


1963 Dawson
Spoiler!


1964 Buchanan
Spoiler!


1964 Bell
Spoiler!


1966 Taylor
Spoiler!


1997 Gonzalez
Spoiler!


2004 Allen
Spoiler!


2017 Mahomes
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:06 AM 06-05-2020
weird flex coming up, and working on getting the pics uploaded, but...

yeah. back in 2008 I went a bit nuts (I didn't have young kids like I do now) on glenn dorsey rookie cards. I have 243 different rookie cards (including parallels, 1/1s, printing plates, 44 autos (17 jersey/patch/football autos), 102 jersey/patch/football cards, etc). At one point I had a few more rare cards but I luckily sold them off a while ago when they had any value.

I'm obviously sad I went all in at the wrong time on the wrong player, I'd be sitting on a fortune if I'd not had a very small kid in 2017 and responsibilities lol
[Reply]
tatorhog 09:12 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
weird flex coming up, and working on getting the pics uploaded, but...

yeah. back in 2008 I went a bit nuts (I didn't have young kids like I do now) on glenn dorsey rookie cards. I have 243 different rookie cards (including parallels, 1/1s, printing plates, 44 autos (17 jersey/patch/football autos), 102 jersey/patch/football cards, etc). At one point I had a few more rare cards but I luckily sold them off a while ago when they had any value.

I'm obviously sad I went all in at the wrong time on the wrong player, I'd be sitting on a fortune if I'd not had a very small kid in 2017 and responsibilities lol
Dontari Poe was that guy for me. His cards were never expensive and it was a fun chase. I couldn't tell you how many I have, but I focused on a few runs and tried to get as many of a limited print as I could. lol

so there was a /49 card and I probably have 19 of them. There is another /5 and I have 3 of them. lol
[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:17 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Dontari Poe was that guy for me. His cards were never expensive and it was a fun chase. I couldn't tell you how many I have, but I focused on a few runs and tried to get as many of a limited print as I could. lol

so there was a /49 card and I probably have 19 of them. There is another /5 and I have 3 of them. lol
haha, nice. oh yeah, that's not even including my favorite three cards of his-- I have half the print run of these https://img.comc.com/i/Football/2008...ze=biggerthumb

they were all out of 6, but it's the name plate from his actual jersey so they're all different (D, O, R... so on). those were quite pricey back in the day but they're still cool
[Reply]
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up