ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 477 of 3903
« First < 377427467473474475476477 4784794804814875275779771477 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 03:25 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I guess if the explanation that "these things are complex, and I trust the people who spend their entire lives studying these things over random people on the internet doing basic math with a calculator" doesn't cut it, I'm not sure there's a lot of middle ground to discuss.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:27 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Take your bullshit somewhere else.
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Go **** yourself pillowbiter.
:-) Vacation time
[Reply]
Fish 03:28 PM 03-19-2020
Kansas courts to stop operations except emergencies and ongoing trials due to COVID-19

The Kansas Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered all district and appellate courts to stop all but emergency operations and ongoing trials until further notice.

The order came days after after the Missouri Supreme Court and the Federal District Court for Kansas issued similar orders. Last week courthouses across the region postponed trials and other hearings in response to mounting concerns over the novel coronavirus.

“This is an extraordinary measure to match the gravity of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Chief Justice Marla Luckert in a news release. “We have a duty to protect the people who come into our courthouses and courtrooms, as well as our employees and judges. This action allows courts to fulfill core functions while reducing in-person contact.”
[Reply]
jjjayb 03:28 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Lake Hollywood was absolutely packed yesterday but people that should know better were not practicing Social Distancing.

I'll go up tomorrow because it's supposed to be sunny and if it's the same, I'll just do my cardio at home.

Morons.
I heard the virus can't swim, so they should be okay. :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:29 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Go fuck yourself pillowbiter.
lmao bold move, Paladin.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:31 PM 03-19-2020

Appreciate the well wishes. I'm feeling better and fortunate to not have any of the respiratory symptoms. 4 more days at home.#BEATCovid pic.twitter.com/vvjbnqoeZx

— Sean Payton (@SeanPayton) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:33 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Kansas courts to stop operations except emergencies and ongoing trials due to COVID-19

The Kansas Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered all district and appellate courts to stop all but emergency operations and ongoing trials until further notice.”
How long until they stop arresting people for stealing stuff under $950?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:34 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
New analysis breaks down age-group risk for coronavirus — and shows millennials are not invincible

In general, the U.S. experience largely mimics China’s, with the risk for serious disease and death from Covid-19 rising with age. But in an important qualification, an analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Wednesday underlines a message that infectious disease experts have been emphasizing: Millennials are not invincible. The new data show that up to one-fifth of infected people ages 20-44 have been hospitalized, including 2%-4% who required treatment in an intensive care unit.

Still, the most severe cases, and the highest rates of death, are among the elderly. Although 17% of the U.S. population is 65 or older, 31% of cases were in that age group, CDC experts concluded in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. While it is possible that the elderly have more chances to be infected than younger people, such as by living in nursing homes, that is considered unlikely, since younger adults encounter many others at work and school.

The rest of the article is here:
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/18/...ot-invincible/

The CDC report is here:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...cid=mm6912e2_w
Don't group me with those pussys.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:35 PM 03-19-2020
We just went below the 1.4% death rate to 1.39%. Yes, that has a lot to do with the number of cases going up but still that is better than going the other way like Italy.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:36 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:

The Kansas Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered all district and appellate courts to stop all but emergency operations and ongoing trials until further notice.

The order came days after after the Missouri Supreme Court and the Federal District Court for Kansas issued similar orders. Last week courthouses across the region postponed trials and other hearings in response to mounting concerns over the novel coronavirus.

“This is an extraordinary measure to match the gravity of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Chief Justice Marla Luckert in a news release. “We have a duty to protect the people who come into our courthouses and courtrooms, as well as our employees and judges. This action allows courts to fulfill core functions while reducing in-person contact.”
Yup.

I'm planning on telephone meditations and court appearances for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:38 PM 03-19-2020
Large stores voluntarily closing. Kohls and a furniture store.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:38 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Large stores voluntarily closing. Kohls and a furniture store.
I give it a week before the looting starts.
[Reply]
jjjayb 03:38 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We just went below the 1.4% death rate to 1.39%. Yes, that has a lot to do with the number of cases going up but still that is better than going the other way like Italy.
And it will keep going down as more people are tested. Here's someone else that has it.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:39 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's because we didn't lockdown then, and we have now. Do you even know what an R0 figure is?
It is still too early to determine an accurate R0 for COVID-19, but this is a comparison chart with other diseases/outbreaks for context...

Link: http://theconversation.com/r0-how-sc...-spread-130777

Ebola, 2014: 1.51 to 2.53
H1N1 Influenza, 2009: 1.46 to 1.48
Seasonal Influenza: 2 to 3
Measles: 12 to 18
MERS: Around 1
Polio: 5 to 7
SARS: <1 to 2.75
Smallpox: 5 to 7
COVID-19: 1.5 to 3.5
[Reply]
Fish 03:40 PM 03-19-2020
The University of Missouri campuses are all locking their doors on Monday. Formerly "Essential" personnel that had remained after the students and professors were sent home are now being asked to work from home. If that's not possible, you're getting 5 days of paid leave and on your own once that runs out.
[Reply]
Page 477 of 3903
« First < 377427467473474475476477 4784794804814875275779771477 > Last »
Up