ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>We're going to win this motherfucker, you all know that, right?
Chris Meck 12:10 AM 12-24-2019
We're going to win the whole fucking thing.

And we're going to have to go beat New England at home again.

And we're going to have to go beat Baltimore in their house.

And we're going to crush the NFC representative (probably San Fran or N.O.)

And nobody will be able to say shit, because we will have to beat EVERYBODY to do it.

Everything this team has weathered to get here has made them stronger.

Losing Pat for a few games... All the injuries meant the kids had to play, and take their lumps and get better.

and boy did they.

Now we're DEEP, and we're hungry.

We can beat you in any of the three phases on any given Sunday.

We're battle tested.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:53 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hey look, 2 of these 3 PFF guys picked the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl today.... https://twitter.com/pff/status/1211779266368737283?s=21
It’s amazing how many opposing fans I’ve talked to today don’t believe we can beat Baltimore.

It’s just like the Chargers. When we own a team, it’s like nobody is even aware of it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:32 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s amazing how many opposing fans I’ve talked to today don’t believe we can beat Baltimore.

It’s just like the Chargers. When we own a team, it’s like nobody is even aware of it.
Team of destiny.

They will understand soon enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:47 PM 12-30-2019
Team of destiny.

They will understand soon enough.
It’s better this way. This team already knows they can beat Baltimore. Everybody telling them they can’t just puts all the pressure on the Ravens.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:11 PM 12-30-2019
Mitchell Schwartz didn’t give a single sack or pressure on Sunday against Bosa/Ingram. Last time the Ravens destroyed Erving.

Struggling pass rush against Mahomes is bad news, especially when said QB is great when you blitz him.

We just need to stop the run at an efficient rate and when blow out Baltimore
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:16 PM 12-30-2019
The Chargers are seriously loaded on defense. And skill positions. It’s absurdly embarrassing that they went 5-11.
they’re the greatest 5-11 team of all time
[Reply]
DRM08 06:52 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We need Pat to start heating up and doing what he did last year. He’s been very mediocre for his expectations since the Titans loss.

If Pat turns it on and busts loose like last year, we are going to blow everybody out
Chargers game was mediocre for sure, but he was excellent in near-blizzard conditions against Denver and he controlled the game against the Bears.

It wasn't as flashy as last year because they used more of a ball control offense against the Bears. Run the clock and so forth. I like seeing them have success in those kind of clock-eating drives. That is how you run the table in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:04 PM 12-30-2019
People need to understand-

Yeah, we can go bombs away and score a ton of points FAST.

That also puts your defense in a tough spot; most people can't score in one or two plays like we can, so they just wear your defense OUT.

Some ball control may not have all the highlight reel excitement, but is complementary football.

We can do it if we NEED to, but we need to eat some clock, rest the defense, run the ball some, complete some passes, and be methodical in order to be able to get the stops when we need to in the 4th quarter.

It's chess, not checkers.

If Mahomes throws for 200 efficient yards and we win, then it's working.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:10 PM 12-30-2019
I definitely think Miami winning us the #2 seed is a sign.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:10 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the only man i will cede the driver's seat to is twisted's driver
I’ve been a homer on this board and bus for decades. Can I at least sit up front?
[Reply]
DRM08 07:13 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

That also puts your defense in a tough spot; most people can't score in one or two plays like we can, so they just wear your defense OUT.

Some ball control may not have all the highlight reel excitement, but is complementary football.

We can do it if we NEED to, but we need to eat some clock, rest the defense, run the ball some, complete some passes, and be methodical in order to be able to get the stops when we need to in the 4th quarter.

Exactly right. He said last year the stats are nice, but he really just wants to win games. He's had plenty of seasons going back to high school where he had a quick-strike offense and garbage defense. This includes 2018 Chiefs and obviously every year he was at Tech.

I think Patrick is fed up with the quick strike offense full of empty stats and I'm glad Andy seems to be getting serious about trying to play a smarter brand of football. It's a championship style of football. Control the clock and help your defense rest on the sidelines. Hopefully score a good amount of points on those clock-eating drives as well, which they've been doing!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:21 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I definitely think Miami winning us the #2 seed is a sign.
IT'S TIME TO BELIEVE MOTHERFUCKERS! GET ON THE BUS!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:21 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve been a homer on this board and bus for decades. Can I at least sit up front?
YOU BET. GET ON! LET'S GOOOOOO
[Reply]
RunKC 07:22 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Ideally I’d like to do that on the first drive. Then heat up and fucking light up the scoreboard after that. That way you take the running game away from the opponent.

Do that against the Ravens and they will be forced to abandon the run just like last time.

Spags will be in his element. Blitz Lamar to death and force him to his left.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:25 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ideally I’d like to do that on the first drive. Then heat up and ****ing light up the scoreboard after that. That way you take the running game away from the opponent.

Do that against the Ravens and they will be forced to abandon the run just like last time.

Spags will be in his element. Blitz Lamar to death and force him to his left.
well, the main thing is, you need to score.

when we're not hitting right, and punting, well that's not good.

Scoring consistently puts that pressure on the opponent.

Eating clock and scoring consistently REALLY puts that pressure on, because the opponent knows they'll only get so many possessions, and have to score as fast as possible. THAT is when you take the run away.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:22 AM 01-02-2020
we're gonna win this motherfucker
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up