ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 56
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buckweath 10:47 AM 04-28-2018
People need to understand that you can't hit on every 2nd round pick. The Chiefs hit on Jones and did well with Morse. It would only be normal that they missed on Kpassagnon, who was a low 2nd round pick.

It was always said that he was a project he should be given two more years to prove his worth.

Some fans are so impatient. Look at a guy like Derrick Johnson, a 1st round pick, the guy was JAG until a few years into the league and he went on to have a great career.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 04-28-2018
It’s aboutvalue though. With Kpass if you have to wait 3 years before he does anything, it’s 3 years of cheap labor gone
[Reply]
ct 11:48 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This guy has never played 3-4 OLB before. He was a 4-3 DE like Tanoh.

Why do I have a bad feeling that this is Tanoh 2.0 and this mother****er won’t play hardly at all this year?
so was houston, and tamba, and ford too
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:50 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
People need to understand that you can't hit on every 2nd round pick. The Chiefs hit on Jones and did well with Morse. It would only be normal that they missed on Kpassagnon, who was a low 2nd round pick.

It was always said that he was a project he should be given two more years to prove his worth.

Some fans are so impatient. Look at a guy like Derrick Johnson, a 1st round pick, the guy was JAG until a few years into the league and he went on to have a great career.

Carl Lawson would have been a nice pick instead.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:57 AM 04-28-2018
OH YES...analysis from a guy that "never heard" of a high end prospect :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:06 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
The goal for this draft was to get tougher and meaner in the front 7. A poor run defense prevented us from an AFCCG appearance on 2016. Then Veach and Reid saw KC get pushed around by Tennessee, in Arrowhead, in the playoffs, and said "Never Again."

Speaks is a backup OLB. He will play, and be an important defensive piece. He is already better than old man Hali, and is a much tougher and more physical player than Zombo. Speaks is a big tough guy who isn't gonna get knocked on his ***. Same thing can't be said for Hali or Zombo last year
well, I would say a ROTATIONAL OLB. And on passing downs will be a ROTATIONAL DE/OLB.

I think a part of our problem in recent years has been not only that we've not been a super physical-in-the-trenches-team but also that guys wear down. So Having good depth a nasty streak is crucial to being fresh in the fourth quarter. He'll play, he'll play a lot; whether he opens the game on the first possession or not doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:08 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Definitely, this D has not had that Nasty attitude since the 90's. It is about time to build this Defense up to its former glory to stir the Arrowhead crowd up into a frenzy.

Maybe this might free up Houston from so many double teams as well?
Should. And Dorian O'Daniel should mean he won't have to be in coverage as much.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:13 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
KPass experiment is over.
Wasted 2nd round pick.
You're special.

Pretty sure nobody is going to give up after one season.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:51 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Should. And Dorian O'Daniel should mean he won't have to be in coverage as much.
If it is a passing down- Houston should be rushing the QB- Period. Hopefully, Sutton will get a clue, you don't send your best pass rusher in coverage on 3 and fucking long!! That is when you turn up the heat. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 01:55 PM 04-28-2018
If it is a passing down- Houston should be rushing the QB- Period. Hopefully, Sutton will get a clue, you don't send your best pass rusher in coverage on 3 and ****ing long!! That is when you turn up the heat. :-)
That drove me fucking crazy this season. Ever since the playoff game against the Steelers. Dropping Houston into coverage, especially on 3rd & long. I might be able to see doing it on 3rd & Under 3 or 4 to take away a quick hitch or slant. But 3rd & 4 or more he needs to be rushing.
[Reply]
ct 02:06 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Personally, I never really understood the attempt to make Kpass an OLB. Get the guy up to 320 and let him go at DE. Use that length to his advantage rather than asking him to be agiler than he is.
agree 100%
[Reply]
-King- 02:10 PM 04-28-2018
If it is a passing down- Houston should be rushing the QB- Period. Hopefully, Sutton will get a clue, you don't send your best pass rusher in coverage on 3 and fucking long!! That is when you turn up the heat. :-)
Houston was wasn't that great rushing the passer last year. If he's not going to get to the QB, putting him in zone coverage isn't a bad idea.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:32 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Houston was wasn't that great rushing the passer last year. If he's not going to get to the QB, putting him in zone coverage isn't a bad idea.
Posted via Mobile Device
9.5 sacks is not a bad year- especially as much as he dropped back in coverage. We had shit for pass rush on the other side and Sutton only rushed 4 guys a lot, letting teams double Houston.

I expect he will have a much better year- that is if Sutton pulls his head out of his own ass and starts putting some pressure on QBS this year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:26 PM 04-28-2018
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...eland-Speaks-B
[Reply]
aturnis 12:40 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I thought the same but the athleticism of players today is not like it used to be.
Tamba made the switch from 275 to around 265 I thought. In the last few years he was playing at 275 and reported in 2014 at 285. I'm sure they'll have Breeland slim it down as much as his frame will allow.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 56
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up