ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 210
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Tyreek Hill Thread***
Dante84 01:14 PM 04-30-2016
With the 165th pick, in the 5th round.

Nutt said that Toub felt Hill was like Devin Hester.

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) April 30, 2016

[Reply]
58-4ever 04:33 PM 06-30-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
announcers probably should refrain from calling hill, unbeatable. just sayin' :-)
Why?
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:07 PM 06-30-2018
hill is running down the sideline, jukes his opponent, and beats him for a touchdown :-)
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 05:34 PM 06-30-2018
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Here is my .02 cents:

I think your opinion is short sided, and it has taken me a long way to get to this point.

I think one of the problems with society today is that we don't give folks second chance. Social justice warriors are quick to write people off. He was a super young kid when he made his mistake, and by all accounts, it was his only one. What he did was awful, don't get me wrong. But, none of us know the whole story as well. I generally don't think folks should be defined by one day when they were 19.
It’s an interesting topic for sure. But to me I just flat can’t respect a man who beat his pregnant girlfriend. I admire that he’s become a better person since then, but I won’t forget what he’s done. He’s strictly a football player that helps my team in my mind. I just have a short leash for women abuse, especially pushing a pregnant woman down stairs. Not saying I hate him. Even if he left KC I wouldn’t think much differently of him. I hope he continues on a good path off the field.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:51 PM 06-30-2018
Cute kid.

https://youtu.be/s7y7i2AeNAc
[Reply]
hometeam 08:54 PM 06-30-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Cute kid.

is it Tyreeks kid?

wat?
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:01 PM 06-30-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Cute kid.

not his kid

Originally Posted by hometeam:
is it Tyreeks kid?

wat?
no, have you looked at that chicks video library?

she must look up to the kardashians.

and if it is the mom, id choke her too simply because of that whiney voice (i joke) :-) :-)
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:05 PM 06-30-2018
Here is my .02 cents:

I think your opinion is short sided, and it has taken me a long way to get to this point.

I think one of the problems with society today is that we don't give folks second chance. Social justice warriors are quick to write people off. He was a super young kid when he made his mistake, and by all accounts, it was his only one. What he did was awful, don't get me wrong. But, none of us know the whole story as well. I generally don't think folks should be defined by one day when they were 19.
I agree. He served the punishment that society has set for his crime. He was a teenager when this happened. He's been squeaky clean since he's been in the league. It's time for people to move on.

Now, if it happens again, then absolutely I'd jump on to the biggest Get-Hill-The-Hell-Out bandwaggon.

Some of these SJW who want an eternity of punishment for people like Hill, Michael Vick, the pitcher that the Royals are considering signing. My question for them is what do you want them to do with their life? You don't want them working. You want them to be deadbeat criminals that their life is spent in and out of prison because they can't find a job or do you want them spend time with punishment and rehabilitation and make something for themselves to be a role model for other people in their shoes?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:23 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by TRR:
I’ll go on record and say I hated the pick at the time. I remember thinking how many Dexter McCluster/DeAnthony Thomas types are we going to draft?? Hill is a completely different type of player.

I was way off.
Yeah. You, at best, kind of expect the Dante Hall/Percy Harvin type.

Hill had 2 things that set him apart in my eyes.

1. His ability to track the ball on deep passes. Very natural. Better than most rookie WR's, let alone guys converting from RB.

2. Hill is fast. Not NFL fast, but world class fast. I watched him a few times live and he runs decoy fly routes and outruns the safety and CB. Alex can't make that throw. Matt Stafford can make that throw. Pat Mahomes can make that throw. He WILL make that throw.

I think Hill may bust into Antonio Brown levels of productivity. 100+ yards per game.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:37 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
I agree. He served the punishment that society has set for his crime. He was a teenager when this happened. He's been squeaky clean since he's been in the league. It's time for people to move on.

Now, if it happens again, then absolutely I'd jump on to the biggest Get-Hill-The-Hell-Out bandwaggon.

Some of these SJW who want an eternity of punishment for people like Hill, Michael Vick, the pitcher that the Royals are considering signing. My question for them is what do you want them to do with their life? You don't want them working. You want them to be deadbeat criminals that their life is spent in and out of prison because they can't find a job or do you want them spend time with punishment and rehabilitation and make something for themselves to be a role model for other people in their shoes?
Hill has been in KC 2 years. I was against drafting him. Bad people usually don't change. You go with the averages. KC said they did their homework and were convinced he had owned his actions and corrected his behavior.

Since then he's done nothing but work his ass off, own all of his stupid horrific behavior, and he's been better.

Ever since he was drafted my position was "Just give me one reason to say 'fuck you'". He hasn't yet, so I just hope he's going to be the guy he's apparently been for 2 years.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:15 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:

The choice isn’t that they play for my team or they’re deadbeats and don’t work. There are in between options.

One of them would be getting that vaunted second chance elsewhere. That’s my preference.
[Reply]
Three7s 06:19 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Hill has been in KC 2 years. I was against drafting him. Bad people usually don't change. You go with the averages. KC said they did their homework and were convinced he had owned his actions and corrected his behavior.

Since then he's done nothing but work his ass off, own all of his stupid horrific behavior, and he's been better.

Ever since he was drafted my position was "Just give me one reason to say '**** you'". He hasn't yet, so I just hope he's going to be the guy he's apparently been for 2 years.
This post basically sums up what I think. It's sad that some people just refuse to move on from mistakes people have made and let it ruin the experience for themselves and those around them.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:40 AM 07-01-2018
People are hypocrites that pretend they don't have their own flaws.
[Reply]
penchief 08:05 AM 07-01-2018
I think one of the problems with society today is that we don't give folks second chance. Social justice warriors are quick to write people off.
I agree 100% with the first sentence. But I don't think the second half of this thought is entirely accurate. Many people who are unwilling to give Hill a second chance are not people many of us would label as advocates of social justice.

I think the unwillingness to give people a second chance should not be attributed to advocates of social justice as much as it should be attributed to people who are judgmental, self-righteous, or intolerant. Even then, an allowance has to be made for people who are victims of domestic violence or have loved ones who are victims.

Not all but most people who advocate for social justice are driven by compassion, empathy, and a sense of fairness. Hence, "justice." The belief in redemption is a natural extension of those attributes. However, judgmental people exist in every walk of life and many attach themselves to social causes, which often does a disservice to a cause. Those who resist social change can point to ugliness in the process to undermine the legitimacy of a cause.

Even though violence against women runs counter to the concept of social justice, redemption is part of the human experience. Redemption is a journey of the soul. IMO, to deny someone a chance at redemption is to deny an intrigal piece of the human spirit.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:24 AM 07-01-2018

Ever since he was drafted my position was "Just give me one reason to say '**** you'". He hasn't yet, so I just hope he's going to be the guy he's apparently been for 2 years.
Just because he did a bad thing once doesn't make him a bad guy, just like someone doing a good thing once doesn't make them a good person. From everything I've read, Hill is a good guy that did a bad thing. His life story should be what defines him, not his horrible actions one time. I'm in no way excusing what he did. It was reprehensible. But I see at as an outlier in the life of an otherwise good guy
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:38 AM 07-01-2018

Well said. I was genuinely conflicted about cheering for him his first season, and he certainly made it difficult given how much he outperformed expectations.

During his second season, I softened up quite a bit, in part because of his consistent play but moreso because you never heard anything bad about him from anyone. Just a guy going about his job and putting in work and effort. It was especially interesting to have someone like a Marcus Peters to contrast him with in this regard (of course, MP never abused his pregnant girlfriend).

He'd easily be my favorite player on the Chiefs and one of my favorite Chiefs of all-time if he didn't have that baggage. I still won't buy a Hill jersey, but he's damn fun to watch and he's been an epic draft steal for a team that needed his explosiveness.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 210
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up