ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 53
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
staylor26 08:15 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He’s not a hill clone. He’s a similar player, if he were of that level, yeah he’d be on the field with hill all the time.

Hill is a hall of gamer and the top wr in football right now at a time there are legit ass kickers at wr. Expecting or holding hardman to that standard is on you
I agree with you 100% that Hardman’s ceiling comp is DeSean Jackson.
[Reply]
-King- 08:17 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Reality check: Andy will never give all of DRob's snaps to Hardman this season. Period.
Hence why his post was tongue in cheek. Wtf :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I agree with you 100% that Hardman’s ceiling comp is DeSean Jackson.
Right.

Let’s get this out of the way. He’s not going to be as good as Tyreek. Ever. And that’s ok. He can still be a really good player, hell even an all pro or something.

But Tyreek is on a first ballot hall of fame trajectory. It’s super rare what he does. Don’t expect other guys to do that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:18 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

If what you say is true then it's easy to see why some were wondering what's up with the guy.
He's a project. He always was, and Veach and Andy knew that before they drafted him. But that speed is special, and he showed some other traits that made him better than just some track guy. He has pretty good hands, and his change of direction/agility is really good.

And in college he was already running those deep routes (posts/corner/daggers) from the slot, so it was going to be pretty easy to insert him into certain packages and just have him run similar routes off the bat.

And let's not forget that Hill came to KC with not a lot more in the bag when he was drafted. Hill made himself into what he is today through a lot of hard work and study, and there's no real reason Hardman can't do something similar. But it shouldn't come as some big surprise that Hardman isn't some phenom at this point.

It's hard to be a WR2/3 in the NFL if you don't have much experience. These guys are professionals, and Hardman is still an apprentice at the position.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:19 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Hence why his post was tongue in cheek. Wtf :-)
"His" post? I thought you were referencing my post. My bad then.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:20 PM 12-02-2020
Right.

Let’s get this out of the way. He’s not going to be as good as Tyreek. Ever. And that’s ok. He can still be a really good player, hell even an all pro or something.

But Tyreek is on a first ballot hall of fame trajectory. It’s super rare what he does. Don’t expect other guys to do that.
I think he explodes next year. I’ve seen enough flashes to feel comfortable projecting a huge jump in year 3 with more opportunities and another offseason to get better.
[Reply]
-King- 08:21 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I mean, it still does. If Hardman were a better receiver, they'd be more inclined to leave him in over Robinson despite Robinson being a superior blocker.
Exactly. :-) "Hardman is similar to one of the 3 best (if not the best) WRs in the league, but since he's not a good blocker, Reid doesn't play him as much". That makes no fucking sense. You're not giving Robinson more snaps than Hardman just because of his damn blocking ability.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 PM 12-02-2020
I think he explodes next year. I’ve seen enough flashes to feel comfortable projecting a huge jump in year 3 with more opportunities and another offseason to get better.
He might. I dunno.

As long as hill and Kelce are here they’re gonna command touches as they should though
[Reply]
staylor26 08:23 PM 12-02-2020
He might. I dunno.

As long as hill and Kelce are here they’re gonna command touches as they should though
Hill and Kelce are having ridiculous seasons statistically. They’ll probably both have a statistical regression.

Hardman will be on all of my fantasy teams.
[Reply]
-King- 08:26 PM 12-02-2020
Hardman is still developing and Reid almost always goes with the vets he has confidence in over the young guy that’s still learning. It’s really that simple.

Hardman will absolutely play a much larger role next year, and that’s fine. He’s still making plenty of plays while he’s developing. What more could you ask for?
So we agree in being disappointed with his development this year. You called for him to be the breakout player this year and so far, he's on pace for 100 more yards but 1 less touchdown. That's not even close to breaking out.

That's my whole point. I never said he sucks, but I did think he'd be further along than he is now. I did think he would be getting more snaps than Robinson, blocking be damned. I thought by this time in the season we'd be having debates on whether it's time to start giving him even more opportunities than Watkins. But nope, Watkins came back from injury and went right back to that role no questions asked.
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 PM 12-02-2020
Hill and Kelce are having ridiculous seasons statistically. They’ll probably both have a statistical regression.

Hardman will be on all of my fantasy teams.
They’re both bad assess so who knows.
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 PM 12-02-2020
So we agree in being disappointed with his development this year. You called for him to be the breakout player this year and so far, he's on pace for 100 more yards but 1 less touchdown. That's not even close to breaking out.

That's my whole point. I never said he sucks, but I did think he'd be further along than he is now. I did think he would be getting more snaps than Robinson, blocking be damned. I thought by this time in the season we'd be having debates on whether it's time to start giving him even more opportunities than Watkins. But nope, Watkins came back from injury and went right back to that role no questions asked.
Because he and Watkins are asked to do different things
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:29 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That's very possible. My issue lately with some of the draft picks is that due to the big money we have tied up in Mahomes and others we're not going to have the money available to sign many free agents or sign some of our own guys. So we're absolutely going to have to find young players to contribute, ideally early on. While Hardman clearly has contributed, he's nowhere near his ceiling. By the time he reaches that ceiling he's probably gone or getting paid more. Same goes for someone like Willie Gay, who possibly might not reach his ceiling for another year or two. At that point we have first contract players who maybe are at their peak for 1-2 years before they potentially move on. Pretty soon I'm not sure we're going to have the luxury to wait 2-3 years for a player to develop.
By the time gay needs paid the cap will have gone back up and Hitchens giant contract is gone. Clark may be gone. And Mathieu will be re upped or replaced. And we will have drafted more guys who are already started in their development to replace them. We are not draft capital poor. We will have the cap space to resign young guys who have earned a big contract.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:30 PM 12-02-2020

I’m not the least but disappointed with his development. He’s clearly improved. It’s just a weird season and after bringing back Watkins and Robinson, Andy is in no rush.

I’m not going to complain about a guy that’s been extremely productive and efficient when he gets his opportunities. My only complaint is that Andy doesn’t use him more, but again, that’s Andy and I’ve learned to deal with it as long as we keep winning SB’s.

This team has the luxury of being extremely patient with their young developing players. It’s a good thing, not a bad thing, even though you want it to be.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:31 PM 12-02-2020
They’re both bad assess so who knows.
Either way, just giving Hardman Robinson’s targets alone would make a huge difference.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 53
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up