ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Share when you vote
RodeoPants2 08:01 PM 10-16-2020
Voted tonight. Will drop in the mail tomorrow. Felt great. Every one of those Republican motherfuckers need to be voted out, and they should carry a scared T with them until the day they die.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:53 AM 10-17-2020
I voted yesterday as well. I wasn't in there 10 minutes - I may have to consider early voting going forward.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 09:58 AM 10-17-2020
Lex, we need to come to a baseline of understanding I think.

True or not, the Republican brand is dyeing? I have read that here on CP (and FTR, I personally believe it also, but that is besides the point I am about to attempt to make)

Yet in 2016, the Reps managed to get ALL 3 HOUSES of government during the campaign run of Trump. And a big part of Trumps campaign 'promises' was Obamacare repeal. Correct or no? America voted all 3 branches to the Repubs of the day because they really loved Obamacare? Is that your argument?

And me a staunch supporter of Trump? Do you ever read my posts? Or maybe you have me confused with someone else. I'm guessing that is probably it. And furthermore, I am speaking of McCain the Senator, not McCain the war vet. You will find nobody more supportive of our vets than me. But that doesn't automatically give them a blank check to dictate government policy. Especially when it flies in the face of America.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 AM 10-17-2020
Lex is the perfect example of being the epitome of the Cult of MSM. All his posts are basically the talking points of the mainstream just turned up to 11.
[Reply]
scho63 10:30 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
When John McCain died, the soul of the Republican Party died with him.
:-) :-)

Did Avenatti tell you that?

The Democratic party died with JFK.
[Reply]
scho63 10:31 AM 10-17-2020
Voted all (R) yesterday, dropped off my ballot at the Post Office
[Reply]
bsp4444 11:29 AM 10-17-2020
My wife and I voted Tuesday, September 29th.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:53 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Voted all (R) yesterday, dropped off my ballot at the Post Office
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
My wife and I voted Tuesday, September 29th.
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I voted yesterday as well. I wasn't in there 10 minutes - I may have to consider early voting going forward.
Thanks for voting!

Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
John McCain is a prime example of why I cannot call myself a Republican. I'm kinda ashamed I voted for him in 2008, but I really didn't have much choice. It's kind of a weird twist of irony that the guy that piss pounded him in 2008 was the same guy (legacy anyways) he bailed out with his thumbs down vote. America gave the Reps all 3 houses in 2016, partly because we wanted Obummercare repealed. McCain proudly waved the bird at us Americans. I hate to speak ill of the deceased, but let me say I will never forget what he did to this country that day :-)

And as far as voting. Here in my county, election day is Nov 3. I will be voting that day, good Lord willing. :-)
Sorry they don't have mail-in or early voting where you live, it's so convenient.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:54 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
True or not, the Republican brand is dyeing? I have read that here on CP (and FTR, I personally believe it also, but that is besides the point I am about to attempt to make)
I've heard this my entire adult life. I stopped believing it about 20 years ago.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:07 PM 10-17-2020
My wife and I voted yesterday. Absentee in person. Also at Independence, MO. And the line was around the corner and down the block. A lot of seniors like us and suburban women in line.

A truck went by flying a huge Donald Trump banner. 90% of the line erupted in cheers.

But I'm not supposed to believe my lying eyes. Because the polls say that those demographics are all Biden's.

Bullshit!
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:29 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
My wife and I voted yesterday. Absentee in person. Also at Independence, MO. And the line was around the corner and down the block. A lot of seniors like us and suburban women in line.

A truck went by flying a huge Donald Trump banner. 90% of the line erupted in cheers.

But I'm not supposed to believe my lying eyes. Because the polls say that those demographics are all Biden's.

Bullshit!
I see a lot more support for Trump in 2020 than I did in 2016. My observations give me serious pause concerning the accuracy of the polls and I am a guy who puts a lot of stock in polls.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:35 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:

Bullshit!
I'm curious about something.

Will you and any other seniors who cheer for Trump be better off if Trump is re-elected and he permanently defunds Medicare and Social Security?

That's not hyperbole. He already ended the funding this year by Executive Order when he suspended the payroll tax. He stated that he intends to make it permanent if he is re-elected.

Social Security Benefits Could Be Permanently Depleted By 2023 If Payroll Taxes End
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:38 PM 10-17-2020
I'm curious about something.

Will you and any other seniors who cheer for Trump be better off if Trump is re-elected and he permanently defunds Medicare and Social Security?

That's not hyperbole. He already ended the funding this year by Executive Order when he suspended the payroll tax. He stated that he intends to make it permanent if he is re-elected.

Social Security Benefits Could Be Permanently Depleted By 2023 If Payroll Taxes End
What matters is production. Does society produce enough so that seniors don't have to work or work very little to survive. Everything else is just accounting.
[Reply]
BDj23 12:43 PM 10-17-2020
If he ends SS will that mean I get to quit paying that bullshit?

Hell I might just go vote for Trump then
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:55 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
What matters is production. Does society produce enough so that seniors don't have to work or work very little to survive. Everything else is just accounting.
Your general statement about "production" isn't an answer. It's like telling someone whose house is burning down that what really matters is to build houses that are fireproof. It doesn't really help the guy whose house is burning down.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:20 PM 10-17-2020
I voted tonight. So did my wife. Two more votes for Biden in the red state of Kansas.

For the first time in my life I voted for every Democrat on the ballot. After watching the cowardly Republicans in the Senate refuse to hold Trump accountable for anything, I seriously doubt I will ever vote for a Republican again.

On the back of the ballot there was also a dozen judges running for re-election. They didn't have opponents. It was a yes/no vote to retain for each judge. Usually I just vote "yes" to retain every judge. This time I did it a little different. I Googled each one. I voted "yes" on every judge who was originally appointed by a Democrat, and I voted "no" on every judge who was originally appointed by a Republican.

There was a race where the country sherif was running unopposed for re-election. I didn't cast a vote in that race, as I refuse to vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name.

When John McCain died, the soul of the Republican Party died with him. The GOP is now just a bunch of Trump bootlickers, completely without ethics or morals. When the GOP goes the way of the Whig party, they will deserve it.
This has to be the single most silliest thing I've heard. Just be honest, you voted partisan. No sense trying to BS everyone, even if you want to BS yourself....

What's really astonishing is that you googled all of these people to find "R" or "D" next to their name, when you could have spent slightly more time to actually know a little more about the candidates themselves and made an educated decision based on merits, regardless of party affiliation. I'm sure when you go down to the more local levels, there are probably some viable candidates that you automatically eliminated just so you can feel good about yourself and your affiliation, regardless of whether that actually helps your community in the long run.....

I've said before that it is simply astonishing to me how people limit their options to "R" and "D".....personally, I don't care which party they affiliate with, if I believe in the platform and values those people stand for. At the local level, the platform lines get blurry in many instances. But hey, different strokes for different folks I suppose....
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up