ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Voting by mail...question...
InChiefsHeaven 12:49 PM 10-15-2020
OK, so I don't plan on voting by mail, I'll go to the polls like I always do.

BUT...I could order a mail in ballot, fill it out, mail it in.

What's to stop me from going to the polls on election day anyway and voting again? When I go to the polls to vote, they have a big book that they look up my name in and I sign it, so I guess that's how we know a person is eligible to vote in that precinct. Are we assuming the book of voter rolls will be updated based on my request to get a mail in ballot?

What if they are, and I ordered a mail in ballot but never got it, or decided not to use it, and went to the polls instead?

What if I mailed it in...how do I know it got where it was supposed to? Maybe it got lost, I dunno...

With everything being as screwed up as it is, I just think it's better to go to the polls and make your mark. Just curious what others think. Not trying to start a fight.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:42 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Back up the pulling of voting locations and that it's being done to to make inconvenient for those not fitting a demo. Asserting it doesn't make it true.

And "stricter" ID requirements—as if there is something wrong with that with the amount of illegals in the country.

The right is trying to make it less convenient for dead people to vote, voting 2-3X or more, or non-eligible such as illegals or foreigners to vote to influence our elections. All you got is a left-wing talking point to discredit the right wanting election integrity.

Now that I said all that, I am not a huge fan of one-man/one-vote. If you can't be bothered to register, go down to a poll to vote ( without a good excuse like travel or military overseas ) or have skin in the economy then I don't care if you don't vote. We were never meant to be a democracy but a republic. And a president is president of all sovereign states—not a mob. The mob is represented by congress—in both chambers nowadays.
Of course nobody is going to blatantly say they're suppressing votes. But it's not rocket science. We know that strict voter ID requirements very very disproportionately impact poorer communities and communities of color. And Georgia and Kentucky are two examples where nonsensical closing of polling locations led to ridiculously long waits. We still have communities, primarily poorer ones, who aren't close to a polling location or else have to vote at an overcrowded one.

Like I said, I get why people want voter id. Which is why I mentioned biometrics. What reason would anyone be opposed to using tech to improve voter id? How could anyone be opposed to having more available polls to make voting more accessible? Like I said it's yet another issue where neither democrats or Republicans have any interest in solving the actual problem.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:43 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
You need government ID to buy booze and smokes, people need ID for more than voting. So let’s not pretend that all but the most extreme minority of Americans do not have at least a state ID (which is easier and cheaper to attain than a DL).
It seems like common sense that everyone should have id. But the reality is that a huge chunk of our legal population doesn't.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:43 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Of course nobody is going to blatantly say they're suppressing votes. But it's not rocket science. We know that strict voter ID requirements very very disproportionately impact poorer communities and communities of color. And Georgia and Kentucky are two examples where nonsensical closing of polling locations led to ridiculously long waits. We still have communities, primarily poorer ones, who aren't close to a polling location or else have to vote at an overcrowded one.

Like I said, I get why people want voter id. Which is why I mentioned biometrics. What reason would anyone be opposed to using tech to improve voter id? How could anyone be opposed to having more available polls to make voting more accessible? Like I said it's yet another issue where neither democrats or Republicans have any interest in solving the actual problem.
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:44 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It seems like common sense that everyone should have id. But the reality is that a huge chunk of our legal population doesn't.
What happened to using the word "strict" before the word ID?

Huge chunk? :-) How many is that?

You believe leftist LIES readily. BTW, have you finally looked up the word "federalism?"
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:47 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Allegiant has been great for me, but they are mainly just direct flights and they don’t fly out of every city. They tend to fly out of smaller airports that are near big cities, like Sanford and Clearwater.
Really? Clearwater is closer to me than Tampa. I tried looking into their airport but didn't find much. I'll have to take another look at it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up